WP Nokia Lumia 520 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, i have bought his phone for my sis, but for the life of me i'm not able to set a custom ringtone with the steps given in both Nokia and MS websites.

Im trying to use a Tamil song [no DRM], at 256 CBR and it runs to 4.34 Mins.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

@R0H!T - Amazing snaps there! I am almost set on getting this phone for my dad. I just hope he can get used to the touch screen interface.

Many congrats on the device as well. Do post your day-to-day impressions and any minor niggles you may come across. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, i have bought his phone for my sis, but for the life of me i'm not able to set a custom ringtone with the steps given in both Nokia and MS websites.

Im trying to use a Tamil song [no DRM], at 256 CBR and it runs to 4.34 Mins.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

There is a Nokia app called ringtone maker.
Use that for creating 30sec ringtones out of songs in your phone.

Checked out the phone at a nokia priority. Its so damn sexy i wanted to hump it. Looks VERY fresh, both the design and the OS , Didnt want to take my eyes off. To hell with crappy androids.[DOUBLEPOST=1366215741][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lumia 520 @ Rs 9233 with 6 month interest free EMI and some other freebies -- http://www.nokia.com/in-en/lovenokia

http://www.nokia.indiatimes.com/nokia/nokia-love-nokia-campaign/

Promo Code : NOKUMOB500
Woah nice. How good is Indiatimes? Shipping time and service? I'l order tomorrow if its good.

aggressive marketing by Nokia.... i'm sure 520 will set new sales record for Nokia

-----------------------
@ ROH!T

are you using any screenguard..??

^He has already mentioned at the start of the post that a matte guard is applied.

PS: Please avoid using sms lingo in the forums. u, y etc.

Yes I am using matte screen guard (the only one that was available online on first day). I bought it for Rs. 134 on eBay.
But I will prefer glossy when I want to buy my next one. Matte cover makes the screen look slightly blurry(?) This is visible even in pics.

On Homeshop18

Nokia Lumia 520 worth Rs.11280 @ Rs.9190
Use coupon code GCENTQCHN8HS to get discount
(From the homeshop18thread )http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/homeshop18-coupons-deals.123055/page-35#post-1816025[DOUBLEPOST=1366444309][/DOUBLEPOST]Went to buy the Lumia 520 yest. Got a sealed pack, Asked the guy to open and apply the screenguard, and luckily checked the camera button was not working. They had another DOA phone with the front capacitive touch buttons not working.

They called today and told me that the White one is out of stock with the distributor and will get it on monday or tuesday. :O

got my Lumia 520...:)

It came in absolute compact packaging. The bundled earphone is very ordinary one although the phone itself looks very premium. It has a rubberized back for better grip. I loved its clean look... But i don't like the display of the phone much...(maybe because i'm used to SC-LCD & Super amoled of my Galaxy phones) but considering the price point its very much acceptable....The UI of windows phone is amazing.. its very fast & fluid...
It comes with 1GB free 3G data for 2 months from Reliance... actually its my first windows phone device so still exploring it.... will update about gaming and other stuffs later.......

dscf5646o.jpg

Since now we have few owners of L520, a brief user review will throw good light. I am also considering one to buy to replace my HTC Explorer and do away with Android but only after get my stipend :p

Why suddenly people want to give up on android ?
My brother bought a Lumia 620 and i totally understand now why people are giving android a miss
it has nothing to do with Android really, it has everything to do with the Build quality and overall quality being offered at the 10k bracket by the 520 and 620
AFAIK there is no android device sub 10k that is offering the Build quality and assurance of after sales like Nokia's

People are preferring the 520 not because its windows phone or its not android , but because its a quality device at a budget
that alone negates the unavailability of apps and the closed nature of WP over android

although when i do buy a phone myself, it would have to be Android, i personally get confused with Windows Phone interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back