WP Nokia Lumia 920 - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really excited about the launch here (a day-one purchase for me, no two thoughts about that!) but there has been no news other than the mid-December launch speculation. :down:

My friend got himself the iPh 5 and I must admit that device is amazin. Even the cam. but the IQ of the night shots were sub-par. Which is where the L920 seem to excel! I read a few old articles on the camera quality (I did read about the experiment in their labs before) and came across this one - From the lab: Lumia 920 low-light shootout with Nokia 808, iPhone 5, HTC One X and Galaxy S III

Those snaps completely blew me away! :hail:

My guess is that there will be some nice freebies for people buying on launch day. And I am gonna book mine for the same reason :)

Nokia is really stupid to further delay this phone across all markets. It was announced long ago and people were really impressed with it, but still holding on to it would cost them dearly in the already cramped up market.

Nokia is really stupid to further delay this phone across all markets. It was announced long ago and people were really impressed with it, but still holding on to it would cost them dearly in the already cramped up market.

I agree..Nokia did the same with Lumia 900.

Yes, they have made a mess of this launch by severely underestimating demand. Lumia 920s are sold out practically worldwide and it is getting very difficult to find one. I suspect they are prioritizing on pivot markets, especially AT&T in the USA, and markets already on backorder, which means markets where there hasn't been an announcement yet, like India, has to suffer delays.

I guess not even Nokia expected Windows Phone 8 to sell so well. Ballmer said sales are "four times" as much as WP7.5 in the same first two weeks or so. Yes, pretty vague, but probably around 10% market share, unthinkable for WP just a month back.

This is different from Lumia 900 though, that was simply a time-to-market issue.

I sent an email to elop last sunday, was surprised to find a reply to that in two hours. He said they are working very hard to fulfil the demand and the device availability would be announced soon. The time is right for me to replace my Samsung focus and go for 920, will not be able to publish app for wp8 without a phone :S Hope it releases soon and in colours.

I also think that Nokia is not able to meet demand all over the world, I met a distributor of Nokia and even he has no firm date of when Nokia will release 920 in India, although he told me that the training of staff has started.

I also have an old Focus, how much can it sell for.. ?
I sent an email to elop last sunday, was surprised to find a reply to that in two hours. He said they are working very hard to fulfil the demand and the device availability would be announced soon. The time is right for me to replace my Samsung focus and go for 920, will not be able to publish app for wp8 without a phone :S Hope it releases soon and in colours.

HTC 8X device in office...its awesome...slick phone...design is much better than iPhone...S3 design looks crap

HTC 8X device in office...its awesome...slick phone...design is much better than iPhone...S3 design looks crap

that's why s3 selling like hot cake and driving revenue of Samsung to sky high and htc revenue is hitting bottom rock each quarter...

no point in comparing apple with both company?....

that's why s3 selling like hot cake and driving revenue of Samsung to sky high and htc revenue is hitting bottom rock each quarter...

no point in comparing apple with both company?....

I am comparing the device not the company.....Get hold of the device and you will know why I said S3 design looks crap....
I used it for few hours and UI is good and touch response is amazing same as S3. The UI is different so enjoying it.
Now to check how good it is with apps and games availability in market. I am sure there will not be loads like Playstore and Appstore...
Next week 3 more device comming...so will share all exp with the device...

What's the latest on 920's India release? About the pull the trigger on 8X but want to check out the 920 before committing. Also looking for 8S, really cool design, any news when that releases?

Hello all. I'm back here after a long time, I've been really interested in (and been closely following) the Lumia WP8 devices since August. Cutting a long story short, I'm keeping tabs on the Saholic page of the 820 and 920; the 920 page says its coming on 15/01/13 (which seems to be a default date - even for the GNex 4 it says 15/01/13). However, the page for the 820 says 'Coming 20/12/12'. Is this finally an indicator?

here's the link. Click on the 'Tell Me when Avaialble' button to get the date. Nokia Lumia Price in India | 820 Specifications, Features and Reviews

P.S. I dunno if this info has already been posted. If it is, please forgive me and move on :D

After playing around with the HTC 8X for 10 minutes, I couldn't resist an impulse buy. This is the best designed smartphone ever, by far. I don't just mean it looks awesome, but more importantly, it feels perfect. Something I don't see covered enough is the shape and weight distribution of the thing. It is one of those small things which greatly enhances user experience without ever calling attention to itself. Huge credit to HTC for re-imagining fundamentally how a smartphone is made, by dropping the L-shaped PCB cornered by battery used in every smartphone and going for a stacked arrangement.

Not to take anything away from Lumia 920, I am sure it is a fantastic phone, but I just couldn't wait.

Congrats @Sub! I am growing tired of this wait. Not sure how long can I hold on. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats Sub !! I too got tired of waiting and decided I would give Android a try. Got the Note II as my first Android device. Although it's a great device and lag is not there to a great extent, it is still not as smooth as my Windows phone 7.5 device. Hope the next Lumia flagship will not make us wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back