WP Nokia Lumia 920 - Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Firmware 1308 is now rolling out in India. Just installed it on my phone. The new storage check feature is there but surprisingly, I can't seem the find the new colour temperature calibration tool shown in videos online.

Fantastic Nikhil! And do report back if you encounter any bugs. There were a few issues I came across in the web.

Update: Firmware 1308 is now rolling out in India. Just installed it on my phone. The new storage check feature is there but surprisingly, I can't seem the find the new colour temperature calibration tool shown in videos online.
Nice! Do update if you notice any issues - the initial roll out didn't go well due to which they pulled it back in the US. There were reports of poor battery life.[DOUBLEPOST=1365521311][/DOUBLEPOST]
any new of price drop ? i really want to buy but can't spend more then 30k
A couple of folks were selling it for under 30K in the market section. Do have a look, they are new pieces! @josejeya26, @karankapoor

Last edited by a moderator:
I sold mine to a member here for 28.k, Jose is not selling a lumia i think, But there is a yellow one for 28k on the market here i think. ill search the sale thread for u.

Edited- Yellow one is sold i think.

Nice! Do update if you notice any issues - the initial roll out didn't go well due to which they pulled it back in the US. There were reports of poor battery life.
It was only pulled back on the AT&T models in the US due to some LTE issues. The update has been smooth everywhere else. I can't say much about battery life yet but my GPS performance (which I found patchy before the update - slow lock-ins etc.) has become much much better.

Will do the update tonight. Was busy yesterday. Shall report back with my findings.

Good to know - I can't seem to find the update yet. Not sure if I should go the Navifirm route.

Did you check for updates from the settings? It should show up.

Updated my phone to 1308 firmware. I would really recommend people not to update it because I have been having network issues too. Using 3G connection with IDEA and sometimes my data doesn't seem to work. I hope Nokia fixes it.

How's the battery life for you guys? mine is quite bad. Battery drains and barely lasts half day. This could be due to poor 3G signal in my house but even on 2G connection, its not that great. Thinking of doing a hard reset and installing apps again. (I have already blocked most of the background apps and other misc settings). Planning to drop the phone to a service center.

^ The 1314 update should be out soon. It addresses the battery issues caused by 1308.

Meanwhile, the official Tapatalk app should be on WP8 soon. Foroplex - I have been using this to access TE - has been bought over by them and as per the developer he is working on getting tapatalk for WP now

My battery life has increased at least by 50% since the 1308 update. I'd previously get anything from 15-18 hours of on-time between charges. Now I can push the phone to 24-25 hours before it gives up. I'm not experiencing any network issues either - not that we're supposed to as I think it only affected the AT&T guys in the US. All in all, 1308 was a extremely successful firmware update for me.

I am very impressed with the battery life. My typical usage does not involve a lot of talking or SMS - in fact barely 5 minutes a day for both combined. What I do a lot though is check my emails, talk on Facebook and of course browse (including about 15 minutes of video on an average) and listen to music. With all this - and I am not a heavy user - I get 2 days of battery in the battery saver mode. Sometimes a little over 3 days - no kidding, I have got this multiple times in fact. During weekends when I tend to play games or watch videos more than usual, I manage through a day easily, sometimes upto 1.5 days.

On similar usage, my stupid (Android) HTC DHD gave me an outstanding 15 - 20 hours of backup

I'm a heavy user and my emails sync all the time. I don't like keeping my phone on battery saver mode all the time as my emails will not sync by itself and needs to be done manually then. My battery life is bad thanks to Idea Cellular as it has bad 3G signal not only at my house but my area in general.

Btw apparently new Facebook app should be out sometime soon also WhatsApp has been fixed majorly. Expecting them to release the new update soon. This is the biggest update ever. It doesn't use the audio api to run in the background, they have fixed the live tile issues too along with emoticons and other bug fixes. It won't drain battery anymore and will run properly now.

Guys, I got AT&T lumia 920 and using it with nano sim with the help of sim adapter. Today when I tried to remove the SIM card, it got stuck and I had to use little force to remove... Now after that incident, phone doesn't recognise any of the SIM card :( it says no sim or invalid SIM card:( these SIM cards works fine with other handsets... Even tried with proper micro sim... Still no go!

So it's very clear, sim slot broken:( now the question is, are the local Nokia care is good enough to service lumia920 handset? And anyone has good experience in Bangalore based service centres?

Guys, I got AT&T lumia 920 and using it with nano sim with the help of sim adapter. Today when I tried to remove the SIM card, it got stuck and I had to use little force to remove... Now after that incident, phone doesn't recognise any of the SIM card :( it says no sim or invalid SIM card:( these SIM cards works fine with other handsets... Even tried with proper micro sim... Still no go!

So it's very clear, sim slot broken:( now the question is, are the local Nokia care is good enough to service lumia920 handset? And anyone has good experience in Bangalore based service centres?

it's a very well known issue with lumia 920..Your sim slot is damage ,Service center guy will help you in repairing but please go one where someone know you so
they can't rob you as they will say it's imported device and blah blah..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back