Nokia N79 and N85 prices announced

I would still advice any1 to go for the Nokia N95 8GB at 24k.....

Other than the OLED display in the N85, the N958GB is at par with it, and superior in terms of hardware apparently

IceFusion said:
I would still advice any1 to go for the Nokia N95 8GB at 24k.....

Other than the OLED display in the N85, the N958GB is at par with it, and superior in terms of hardware apparently
N85, being a newer device, would probably have better hardware and performance, as was in the comparision between N73 and N78. N78 performed better in camera performance and otherwise.
Also, N85 has a FP2, and according to me, is better looking as compared to N95.

alsiladka said:
N85, being a newer device, would probably have better hardware and performance, as was in the comparision between N73 and N78. N78 performed better in camera performance and otherwise.
Also, N85 has a FP2, and according to me, is better looking as compared to N95.

Not necessarily....
Check out the N96 if u dont beleive me :p

Newer device that totally sucks in front of N95 8GB

IceFusion said:
Not necessarily....

Check out the N96 if u dont beleive me :p
Newer device that totally sucks in front of N95 8GB

I have not had a change to use the N96 in hand, but if you are going by the reviews, and i myself agree with them, that it has nothing in it to take over from the N95 as the ultimate device or the pinnacle of multimedia computers. Nothing in it meaning no new features, it is a very minor upgrade to the N95 at the current cost.
But the point i made while talking about N73 and N78 was not of features, but of the performance of the similar features. Since Nokia has had more than an year, i think about two, to tweak their 5MP camera, the newer 5MP camera's would definitely provide better performance than the older ones.
And the reason why N85 looks better than N96 is that they both offer virtually the same features, but for a huge price difference! This is what makes N85 a better buy.
teche said:
Good competitive pricing.

Im keen in N85, any big -ve's.?
Depends on your use, no major -ves as such. If you are totally into photography, you might miss the Xenon flash in low light conditions, but in return you get Flash enabled video recording.
The screen is not as big as the N95 or the N96 (2.8"), but bigger than all the other phones which have a 2.4" screen. N85 has a 2.6" screen.
Dont really see any major -ve! Even i am thinking about N85..

alsiladka said:
I have not had a change to use the N96 in hand, but if you are going by the reviews, and i myself agree with them, that it has nothing in it to take over from the N95 as the ultimate device or the pinnacle of multimedia computers. Nothing in it meaning no new features, it is a very minor upgrade to the N95 at the current cost.
But the point i made while talking about N73 and N78 was not of features, but of the performance of the similar features. Since Nokia has had more than an year, i think about two, to tweak their 5MP camera, the newer 5MP camera's would definitely provide better performance than the older ones.
And the reason why N85 looks better than N96 is that they both offer virtually the same features, but for a huge price difference! This is what makes N85 a better buy.

Not going by the reviews mate.... i reviewed it myself... its a preety week device compared to the N958GB...

In case you did not know, the diffrence that is visible between the N73 and the N78 is due to the extra RAM that the N78 comes with... its makes a hell of a diffrence in performance :)

The newer 5MP camera on the N96 is bad comapred to the N958GB...

What makes N85 a better buy is that you are getting a OLED display .....

nice price for n85 .. I am very much interested in n85 .. have used n82 since last dec ..from last month i have been using n95 8gb ..still would love to have n85 for various reasons

1. oled display - although its just 2.6" instead of 2.8" of n95 8gb, colour output, viewing angles etc is very much improved as well as battery life ..the main drawback of both n82 as well as n95 8gb is battery life ..n82 being marginally better than n95 8gb

2. better equipment as fm transmitter , navi wheel , dual led flash instead of single led of n95 8gb.. also micro optics of flash is improved hence its brighter than normal led flashes .. u can use them while low light video recording ..and its good .. i have seen a video made by n79 in total darkness and it was pretty good .. u can use this device to record in low light ..

3.placement of 3.5mm jack on top and also, u can use those multimedia keys in ngage games too

4. usb charging .. first for nokia phone
5. better slider mechanism
6. better sound quality through headset .. n82 and n95 8gb is way below in this department .. just had an opportunity to listen to n81 ..and man, its so so better than these two devices .. n85 is suppose to have audio quality better than or equal to n81 which is great

7. better gps performance .. gps performance of n95 8gb is very poor .. n82 is very good though ..

8. card slot instead of fixed memory .. so u can expand it to 32 gb .. 16gb cards are available from sandisk with better usb speeds ..usb transfer speed of n95 8gb is very slow ..

9. finally the much needed active lens cover which is lacking in n95 8gb

now some drawbacks --

1. no dedicated gpu accelerator as in n95 8gb
2. only 78mb of available ram after bootup against 92 mb in n82 and n95 8gb
3. no xenon flash , only dual led flash
4. direct sunlight readibility is poor compared to n95 8gb
5. only 72 mb inbuilt phone memory ..

as of now .. this is all i can think of .. :)

@hacker , Party Monger - guy please , dont count the chickens before tehy hatch. Let the prices be released , and then you decide. btw , the symbian people are there in UK , staying in my sisters hotel , for the 5800s release there . Have told her to ask them for a free sample hehe :rofl:

Back