Nokia N79 and N85 prices announced

Guys can we install appz like Nokmote,Rock n roll on n85...i know it wont support strait away..can we like get certification signed from symbiansigned website and then install it on the fone???reply asap some1 cuz am gonna get the fone tmro:cool2:

alsiladka said:
This is an ambigious statement! What exactly do you mean?
Are we talking about the RAM or the Storage? Memory is supposed to mean the RAM in the device, which is lesser than the FP1 devices, but with the improvements in memory management, the difference is not really noticible.
If you are talking about storage, then yes, for some stupid reason, you only get a meagre 30 - 40 MB free on the phone drive. But you are also provided with a 8GB MiniSD card which makes up for the storage.
Tip - All N85 users, uninstall ThemeDIY to free up around 6MB space from your phone drive. I had no use for the software, it was a worthless use of space for me.

Ofcourse I am refering to RAM only. How storage can reduce the speed if many appz are installed :eek:hyeah:

ram_dante said:
Guys can we install appz like Nokmote,Rock n roll on n85...i know it wont support strait away..can we like get certification signed from symbiansigned website and then install it on the fone???reply asap some1 cuz am gonna get the fone tmro:cool2:
Party Monger said:
Yes you can install..no issues..

Ps:- have a look at aikon labs..newer apps there..
No, the initial wave of Accelerometer based apps wont work the way they are FP2 onwards or a few FP1 devices like the E66 or E71.
Nokia has added the S60 Sensor Framework directly into the OS in S60v5, but it has also been backported to FP2 and a few FP1 devices like the E66 and E71.
In doing so, making use of the built in accelerometer has been made easier, but it requires the developers to optimize their codes to add support for the new APIs.
Read this article for the complete info - Accelerometer Problem On FP2 Devices Gets Explained!!

Party Monger said:
Ahhh sucks for you guys:p

just for now, till the time the new apps come out. Although even i agree the present isn't bright, but atleast it is futureproof!
Since all the new devices are coming with the Sensor API, the developers would have no option but to move to the newer ways unless they want to restrict themselves to the handful accelerometer based FP1 devices.

Back