Nokia N8 Thread

Re: Nokia N8 Pre Orders

^^ Better, The N900 pawns all the phones ion this world..

any phone in this world. it is a full computer..

I so hoped that Nokia will continue its in house Linux development and not fall for Intel's trap ( which unfortunately they have fallen :( )

dhruvrock2000 said:
Depends on what you are comparing to. This is a mid-range phone , that is certainly how it is aimed and you should not compare it to top end models like the Galaxy S because it is not competing with them.

You really need to keep in mind that each of them have their own strengths and weaknesses. The camera is certainly the focal point of this phone.

price wise its not mid range ..its 24K similar to galaxy and much more than wave ... then why shouldn't it be compared with galaxy ?

The Galaxy S launched at Rs. 32,000 and is only now... months into its sales cycle that it is down to about 27-28k. By the same logic , at a launch price of Rs. 24,000 (ex Flipkart ) , the phone will soon be available for about Rs. 20-21000 which is hardly a flagship level price.

Tech_enthu said:
^^ Better, The N900 pawns all the phones ion this world..

any phone in this world. it is a full computer..

I so hoped that Nokia will continue its in house Linux development and not fall for Intel's trap ( which unfortunately they have fallen :( )
Yey!!!!! I am with you on this one, :p. Best phone evarrrrrrrr, hehehehe, just kidding, though yeah its a pretty decent phone which fulfills all my calling/browsing/time pass gaming/music/camera needs.

Morgoth/hatter is in love with his Galaxy, I know what will happen on Tuesday, :p

dhruvrock2000 said:
The Galaxy S launched at Rs. 32,000 and is only now... months into its sales cycle that it is down to about 27-28k. By the same logic , at a launch price of Rs. 24,000 (ex Flipkart ) , the phone will soon be available for about Rs. 20-21000 which is hardly a flagship level price.
Nopes, Galaxy S launched with an "MRP" of 32000 and was available at street price of 27-28k from the very beginning. MRP of N8 is around 26k and is available at street price of around 24k. If you have to compare to a "real" mid-range phone then compare to the likes of Wildfire, spica, etc..(Wildfire is less than 15k btw)..

I think there are two different ways of looking at the mid range / high range debate. Within the brand itself, or across the price band. For instance, a "high" end Micromax can pretty much do everything a 15K worth phone can, but at a much lower price point. So is it a high end phone / flagship or just a low end one since its cheap?

Look at it ... the N900 launched at Rs. 32k , N97 at almost Rs. 34k

Street prices do not determine the companies price , that depends on the retailer.

So by that account , At RS. 26,000 the N8 is not a flagship for Nokia... doesn't matter if street price is Rs. 20,000 or 24,000..

^^ I'm not saying whether the company considers it their flagship phone or high end phone or whatever.. I am saying that the comparisons would be and should be drawn against similar priced phones, not the ones that are 10k cheaper.

In my opinion , the N8 is directed towards a specific crowd. The multimedia creators and so you need to compare the N8 with something like the SE Satio which has a comparable cam , etc....

The Galaxy S is far from a camera phone and so has a different 'skill set'

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hence Not comparable

^^ I doubt that "multimedia creators" would actually use a camera phone for that. For casual crowd, Galaxy S camera is good enough.

It is going to be hot buy for maaldaar uncles however, who carry only an iPhone or a nokia..

dhruvrock2000 said:
Look at it ... the N900 launched at Rs. 32k , N97 at almost Rs. 34k

Street prices do not determine the companies price , that depends on the retailer.

So by that account , At RS. 26,000 the N8 is not a flagship for Nokia... doesn't matter if street price is Rs. 20,000 or 24,000..
dude it doesn't matter what the prices were at launch ...what matters is the price right now ... current other options buyers have and obviously it will be compared with this current price

khanvis2009 said:
anybody got info on price lower than 22900 . i booked from nokia for 22900 today with warranty .
22900? Wow. Is that a Nokia priority dealer? Or a local retailer?

Back