Nokia N8 Thread

^^ Whats on April 12?? Please share if something was to be released / expected to release on April 12th??
A friend got the Nokia N8 for just 15800/- from US using the deal at Dell.com posted here our TE Deals sections.

onlyravi said:
^^ Whats on April 12?? Please share if something was to be released / expected to release on April 12th??

A friend got the Nokia N8 for just 15800/- from US using the deal at Dell.com posted here our TE Deals sections.
Some interesting news... maybe a device or two :p

^^ New devices ... Oh.. Good to hear that... If they are Sym^3 that its a bold answer to all the critics who said Symbian is dead.
Dhruv: can u share some specs of the Exo PC

Check out these Super Cool demo apps from Qt Labs -

Flickr

flickr.png

Music Player

musicplayer1.png

Installation Instructions -

Download and Install Qt 4.7.3

Then install Qt Mobility 1.1.2

Then install Qt Quick components

Now, you can install both apps -

Flickr

Music Player

Source

If this is how Qt UI is gonna be throughout S^3 interface in the near future, then eagerly waiting for the updates!!! :clap:

TechHead said:
E6-00, X7 for sure. Any chance of a refreshed N8-01?
No.. not anytime soon. There is a new pink N8 out though :p

On the other hand all updates are going to come to the N8 as well so you dont lose out.. and yep , the updates are defo worth it !

Any N8 users have tried these products,

CAPDASE

CAPDASE

and

CAPDASE

I am not able to find them anywhere locally. I have tried stores like Croma too. If anybody knows who is the official distributor of Capdase in India, please PM me the details.

I am looking for some good protection for my N8 as I am planning to get a whole new body for it. Please share details about covers/guards that you are using for your phone or if you know any good products. Thanks.

Mohit said:
Are you talking about this,

Nokia N8 Impact Series Case // OtterBox.Com

or

Nokia N8 Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.Com

Strangely, the Otterbox website shows me the same case in both the series i.e Impact and Commuter. Weird. The price is different though.

Also, where do you get these cases in India?
Yup , the commuter series. i ordered them online.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

someone064 said:
Any idea about the PR 3.0 Belle ? Seems really nice. Symbian PR 3.0 Belle Leaks - Softpedia

Any clue with respect to PR 2.0. Days are closing on the E6 launch.
Thats not Belle , well not entirely anyways :p

Don't know if posted somewhere here...

New Ovi Store application update available - 2.08.042.

Main feature: it will tell you what all apps installed from store has updates.

Nokia is now bundling the N8 with a extra 16GB microSD card and selling it as Nokia N8 32Gb Limited Edition.....

how stupid....

Where are all those PR revisions and updates that were to give us some flowery feeling for our N8. Hope you are listening Nokia...

I ordered a BB Curve 9300 on 24th May from LetsBuy but they shipped it on June 4 and none of my calls or emails were replied from them. I ordered online to save Rs500 but that wait of 15days was not worth... mean time the rates came down locally also....

LetsBuy customer service is worst than BSNL.

nyways thats not the main topic here...

Can I purchase premium apps on Ovi Store without using Reliance SIMs?

onlyravi said:
Can I purchase premium apps on Ovi Store without using Reliance SIMs?
If you ask their CC, they will tell you to use international credit card...I don't even think if there is anybody left there who cares much about existing customers...

Back