Nokia N8 Thread

Pics of my N8 in an Otterbox case

K07ZJ.jpg

Ft70F.jpg

9RXLo.jpg

There are a lot of reports online that almost all N8 have some purple screen issue and some N8 handsets appear to switch itself off and refuses to turn on even after charging,did you notice it?

Not amongst my 4 handsets. Yes this last one does have a purple tint issue but it is noticeable only in the standby clock and nowhere else. Anyways , AFAIK its a software issue and has been fixed in Anna.

I'm on PR 1.2 and i use this plugin called Tweak S to fix the purple screen issue. No problem at all.

Good news. Paid apps are now listed in Ovi Store...:clap:

Update: Payment doesn't work as of now. I hope they are working on it.

Hey NOKIA where are the promised PR updates....
Anna aa gaya to purane OS ko bhool gaye kya??
Tried one beta app the Nokia 3D world Maze. Total bakwaas app for India.

The one to be following PR 1.2 for Nokia N8.
What do you mean by Anna is coming in Aug? Doesn't X7 have Anna?
do correct if I am misunderstanding any thing. Is Anna the next PR update and can be installed on N8 also??

Obviously Anna will be there on the N8 and so will Belle. Anna is already there on the X7 and E6.. new N8 pieces which are shipping in the market also come with Anna preloaded

If new N8s are already coming with Anna preloaded... why is Nokia not giving it to the existing user via OTA or other official update?

^^ Because it takes time to create an OTA update which is safe so that you don't end up deleting all your information and destroying your phone. Same reason why Apple was NOT OFFERING OTA updates till now. It takes time. You'll get the update no worries... for what its worth , i'm already running Anna on my N8.

I love Nokia ... specially their Symbian range of devices. But recently dunno why I have started feeling that now-a-days Nokia(Symbian front) is failing terribly to catch up with the market.
Basic things like search function in music player / playlists is missing. We cannot control the folders it should not look into for music files...
If I want to change the ringtone of a profile I have to browse thru 100s of songs in my device. Worst is when you select to play all files(Shuffle option) it will even play the files which are a part of some installed application.
A friend landed in a very embrassing situation when he connected his N8 to a car audio system to listen songs and randomly the N8 player played the fart sounds which were on his device from an installed prank app :D

A friend of mine working in Nokia said they were testing an update for Symbian 3 which has some changes in menu layout. He said that it was Anna. According to him, its going to be released in week 36. I hope it's actually Belle.

Transformers 3 HD is free in Ovi Store now.

Back