Nokia N8 Thread

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
deathvirus_me said:
Then u should be asking this to every registered N8 owner i suppose ?? And please don't jump on the Android bandwagon stating that there is no such issues with Android :p .. Anyway .. please update to Belle if you can, coz it makes the phone fuber .. u'd forget Anna in like 5s :p

The official Belle update is coming in 2 days, so its better if people wait and directly get the official update :)

Official Symbian Belle update coming in two days - GSMArena.com news

anfjavid

Skilled
Dec 16, 2006
did i say that i am an android fanboy ?. I am nokia symbian fanboy indeed. So its you who is jumping to conclusions very quickly. I am very eager to buy nokia n8 from the start. But the bugs in the s/w had prevented me to go for it.

Though android has a lot of features, i hate it because its linux based and symbian and its apps are user friendly and there is no need to root the phone and bla bla to access some features as in the case of android.

Now i dont want to end up buying a phone which is software handicapped and then regret for it as 22k is not a meagre amount. So in order to get 100 % confidence i am querying . Thats it... even now users keep complaining that the tint issue still persists and it is very noticeable during night video shoots which makes me worry...

May be if belly solves these issues and makes the ui a breeze i will buy it. But who knows, as nokia delayed more than 2months post the release date, so should be the case of belly too...
deathvirus_me said:
Then u should be asking this to every registered N8 owner i suppose ?? And please don't jump on the Android bandwagon stating that there is no such issues with Android :p .. Anyway .. please update to Belle if you can, coz it makes the phone fuber .. u'd forget Anna in like 5s :p

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
Jan 30, 2010
Praha, Czechia
^^WTF is belly?It is Belle!You dont deserve android either,buy a micromax or Lava or whatever and stay happy with it.

sent from my galaxy s2 with tapatalk pro.

cyclops13

Disciple
Jan 22, 2009
red dragon said:
^^WTF is belly?It is Belle!You dont deserve android either,buy a micromax or Lava or whatever and stay happy with it.

Ouch!

Chill man, Everyone is entitled for their views!

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
@anfjavid: you could have bought it for 17k if you followed my advise in my last post,anyways its your money, do your research but its electronics after all, even 40k iphones can go wrong.

R0H!T

Adept
Jun 28, 2008
Pune
red dragon said:

Hey, chill! We all are here to share knowledge. Don't be so harsh. I can understand your frustration but not everyone is aware of all the details. That's why we have forum like TE! Even I am noob in many areas :ashamed:
Anyways, Belle announced! :clap:
Symbian Belle

dhruvrock2000

ex-Mod
May 4, 2009
New Delhi
@anfjavid : I think everyone has already stated in as clear terms as they can be that the tint issue does NOT exist anymore. It was present in a few handsets and was a software issue. Has now been fixed

aradhakr84

Adept
Jul 7, 2011
@red dragon:

Your response was harsh and also judgmental. TE is for all of us, who likes to ask questions or discuss freely without being judged about our knowledge. I am not an expertise in most of the topics discussed here, but I learn along and confident that if I make a mistake, someone can point out to me in a peaceful way. The same thing applies to other person, if he is not knowing what we know we educate him. We are here to discuss and learn from each other. Really to say that someone does not deserve android or only worthy to buy micromax or lava is a big :no:

wingrider767

Disciple
Aug 4, 2009
Has the Nokia N8 been discontinued from the Indian markets?? I was going through flipkart.com when i found this If you see the status, it reads "This Item is Permanently discontinued."

mh09ad5578

the aRchiTect!
Adept
Sep 23, 2007
Chitradurga
been using the n8 since past 20 days must say am mighty impressed. this phone is super slick and loaded to the gills. i am a heavy user and on full load after a overnight charge the phone lasts me till 7 pm!!!thats pretty kool i must say-

my usage is something like this-2 hrs music in the morning, 3.5-4hrs talk time or more, using 3g to surf net when outside and connected to wifi when in office, some snaps and push mail active!!

with power saving activated the phone lasts upto 10pm too!!i used to carry 2 spare batteries for my n97 mini previously to last me this much!!!!

and the camera is awesome!!! also i feel this phone charges much much faster than the mini. Have ordered a 1500mAh Rechargeable External Battery Back Case for Nokia N8 - Black from DX and am set i guess for 2 days straight usage!!! pretty awesome!!!:clap:

brought a G2 for my wife and i think android is unnecessarily complicated!! (though wify loves it and the HTC too!!!) compared my friends HTC sensation too...though the UI is super-slick he as trouble getting 6 straight hours out of it with out charging...whats the use????!!!:bleh:

i think for people upgrading from nokia the transition is seamless...and people like me value that more...just my views....

Jasku

Skilled
Apr 27, 2008
Hi, I bought a N8 for my fiance, and updated it with the latest Symbain update, but have any of you faced frequent call drops / disconnection??

H

herrys

I would suggest you black color. Average current market price of N8 is 22k. The Nokia N8 feels special. With an anodised aluminium body, it delivers a really luxurious cold metal sensation when you pick it up, and a fantastic weighting behind it. The N8 is very powerful and includes the latest Symbian ^3 operating system. The Nokia N8 hardware design is really spectacular. It just looks fantastic coming out of the box. It's got an aluminum metal body with a 3.5-inch 640 x 360 pixel capacitive Gorilla Glass AMOLED screen, 0.3-megapixel front facing camera, microSD memory expansion slot, and 16GB internal storage. In terms of processor speed it's nothing terribly impressive at 680MHz, with 256MB of RAM; however the 12-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss lens and Xenon flash really is something to marvel at.