Nokia N8 Thread

dennis_nail said:
^^^ Discounting the camera, E71 trumps E72 at its price.
Let better sense prevail and the thread becomes a source of information on N8 once again :)
E72 is FP2 and the E5 comes with an improved homescreen... social widgets etc... so you should keep that in mind. Though as dennis rightly said, the E71 is one of THE best Nokia's built to date...

Nokia N8 looks good (built & styling), sounds good (Specs) but performs Average (Overall Perforamnce - Touch Screen, Symbian 3, Interface), Costs a lot ..... a 12MP cam alone can't make it worthy of such price tag.

Now there is no S^4 as such.. its all incremental upgrades like iOS and Android.. so you'll see much quicker updates. Also , S^3 supports updates to individual portions of the OS, so as mentioned earlier you'll see much faster updates...

There is a very major update scheduled to come soon... some great updates in it, definitely one to watch out for.

dhruvrock2000 said:
The vid has been deleted from youtube but if someone wants it.. say so. I'll put it up somewhere. The new browser does look darn good.
I am interested in it. Plz upload it to some site.

dhruvrock2000 said:
The vid has been deleted from youtube but if someone wants it.. say so. I'll put it up somewhere. The new browser does look darn good.
Please post the video (and the link for it) Dhruv.

Also, tell me if the N8 & the C7 & C6-01 sport the same UI, isn't it? So, apart from the hardware differences, all 3 phones would be identical to use if I am not wrong.

As in, the screen locking mechanism I had PMed u about would be the same foe all 3 phones & so would be the incremental updates, right??

Thanx.

EDIT: Saw the video. Thanx for posting. Pls answer my query if possible.

C6-01 , C7 , N8 are identical internally.. the first ine has a smaller screen, nate has theawesome camera and C7 has a classy look. However all are running the exact same software and wil get the exact same updates.

also the video above is from a very early version of the software.

sent from the N8

dhruvrock2000 said:
C6-01 , C7 , N8 are identical internally.. the first ine has a smaller screen, nate has theawesome camera and C7 has a classy look.

However all are running the exact same software and wil get the exact same updates.

also the video above is from a very early version of the software.

Care to go through the specs before the comment ?

C7 hasnt got the Multitouch input method nor the threaded view for the sms.

Anybody knows:

Has the issue of the menu screen still being open after EXIT option duly pressed in the N8 after the update been solved ?

The EXIT option on the right of the screen that is.

^^ Err.... Actually, i think that what dhruvrock2000 has said is perfect.....

Unless we both are wrong.... :S

EDIT: Sorry Spacescreamer. I think u edited the post.... or I misread something..... :S

Spacescreamer said:
Care to go through the specs before the comment ?

C7 hasnt got the Multitouch input method nor the threaded view for the sms.

Anybody knows:

Has the issue of the menu screen still being open after EXIT option duly pressed in the N8 after the update been solved ?

The EXIT option on the right of the screen that is.
Ummm.... the C7 DOES have the multitouch input. I've used it .. I can put up a video later on to prove it if you want. Also , the conversations app is also present for threaded messaging.

Another difference is that C6-01 has a CBD display while C7 and N8 have an AMOLED display.

^^ Isn't it an AMOLED Display with Clear Black Technology.....???

Or is it simply called CBD??

BTW, what is your opinion on the C7?? And any idea about the real world pricing??

Ok before i get shot at again for promoting Nokia..

CBD = AMOLED with an extra polarizing layer for deeper blacks and better outdoor visibility. Pretty neat stuff and the difference is visible in real life... wish they would up the resolution though ( they can't as they want to maintain the aspect ratio for backwards compatibility... but still :p )

AMOLED on the N8 , C7 is still pretty good. It is perfectly visible outdoors unless it is extremely sunny at which point you will have to bend the phone at an angle or so to get a good view. Indoors it is probably below only the Super AMOLED display on the Galaxy S and that too by just a small margin.

Back