Nokia N8 Thread

deathvirus_me said:
does this phone play 720p mkv and 720p mp4 videos downloaded off youtube without conversion ????
Former selectively latter yes

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Mohit said:
Also, is it really rugged and will it survive the occasional falls?

Its a tank. Fell from 1st floor and not even a scratch.. hows that for ruggedness :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hatter said:
Using Twitter and Facebook is fail on N8... but Ovi maps are great
For which there is Gravity which you will agree is THE best app for Twitter across platforms...

N8 is going for about 22.8 i guess. Between the N8 and the C7 , it depends on what you expect from the camera. If you want a Point and Shoot replacement, get the N8 else the C7 should be good enough (8Gb instead of 16 and 8MP fixed focus EDOF Cam instead of the N8's super awesome cam)

Went and checked the N8 today. Its selling for 23.5K at Nokia's Concept Store in Gurgaon. Expensive. I found it hard to get used to the touch screen and this is because I have never used a touch screen phone before. Everything else was fine.

^ Touch screen devices do take some getting used to :) I remember the first time I used the iPod touch, I thought it had serious issues handling 'touch' inputs :p - it kept selecting menus and options that I never asked it to :D

Bought the N8 today... Am just awestruck by the Phone... Will post a small review in showoff section in a couple of days..
Peace~

@dhruvrock2000

Sorry for the OT, but I wanted to get an E series phone for my dad within 15K, Is the E71 still a good option? or the E72 is better? (no need of the better camera)

Discounting the better camera, the E72 has a newer OS (v3 FP2) Great keyboard and free navigation as well. Though tbh , i think you should save a few bucks and go in for the E5. Thats a pretty good phone too...

has anybody tested the music output on a nokia n8 vs a iphone 3gs or 4 ..i was just accidently testing my zagg earphones on an n8 ... the sound quality is seriously pathetic on an n8 ... the same song on a 3gs sounded so awesome ...

u dont have to be a nokia or a apple fan to even figure this one out .. just try it .. the difference is so vast .. seriously what has nokia done with the sound quality during music playback .. is there any setiing on the n8 that one needs to tweak cause music playback is really pathetic ...try playing the same song o an n8 and 3gs at full volume u can clearly notice this with any earphone attached

Is it ? I am comparing it with my iPod 5G and i dont have any issue...

Oh wait... dude you have to press the earphones in a bit , till there is a click. Many people have this issue as they dont lock in the earphone completely. Give it a shot..

dantool said:
best price of N8 is 21510 on letsbuy.com after using the icici cc 10% off offer.
Its Out of Stock. Just confirmed by calling their customer care. they promised to get it in stock again in a week.

Back