Non Tech/ General hot deals thread

Can anyone suggest me which sports shoes to buy for exercise purpose? Exercise here is not gym or anything but it is like climbing stairs, taking long walks on road or parks with designated walking tracks. I don't want to spend a lot but don't want el cheapo ones too. There are factory outlets of Nike, Reebok, Puma, Sketchers near my home (sort of).
What did you end up getting ?

For what you want, fit is the most important paramenter.

Where do you guys buy good quality lower or track pants for daily use, I bought 4 of them from Myntra and the quality was really bad, Didn't last for a month and started showing signs of were and tear. Wasted 2k

Where do you guys buy good quality lower or track pants for daily use, I bought 4 of them from Myntra and the quality was really bad, Didn't last for a month and started showing signs of were and tear. Wasted 2k
I bought 6 tennis shorts (250 each) + 6 t-shirts (199 each) from decathlon online, have been wearing them daily at home for 1 year. Very good quality.

The Indian made Decathlon shoes are not comfortable. The European model shoes sole is moulded whereas Indian made one are pasted (most of them) and particularly their hiking shoes are terrible to wear.
+1

I bought a pair of Decathlon hiking shoes, the bottom came apart after one week of use (1 day hike and rest normal days). Repasted with FeviBond, going strong again but didn't use much afterwards.

The Indian made Decathlon shoes are not comfortable. The European model shoes sole is moulded whereas Indian made one are pasted (most of them) and particularly their hiking shoes are terrible to wear.
This is the big problem with Indian shoe makers nowadays. Even Bata has started this practice. Just few days ago my 2.5k moccasin's sole came off in middle of the road. It was so embarrassing and annoying. Prior to that my Khadim's shoe had same problem. Ffs

Do you guys happen to know any brand which moulds the soles with the shoes? For both formal and casual shoes I mean.

Last edited:
This is the big problem with Indian shoe makers nowadays. Even Bata has started this practice. Just few days ago my 2.5k moccasin's soal came off in middle of the road. It was so embarrassing and annoying. Prior to that my Khadim's shoe had same problem. Ffs

Do you guys happen to know any brand which moulds the soals with the shoes? For both formal and casual shoes I mean.
Shoes that are not made in India are usually moulded (particularly those that are made in Vietnam). I've seen branded shoes like Puma has different quality in India where the sole is pasted and the same from Vietnam the sole is moulded. Almost all imported shoes/sandals are moulded and there might be exceptions with leather shoes.

Shoes that are not made in India are usually moulded (particularly those that are made in Vietnam). I've seen branded shoes like Puma has different quality in India where the sole is pasted and the same from Vietnam the sole is moulded. Almost all imported shoes/sandals are moulded and there might be exceptions with leather shoes.
Okay, so where do we get these made in Vietnam shoes then?

If Vietnam can produce quality product, it is unfortunate that India cannot. Just checkout the unbranded shoe stores in your area. Most of them import from Vietnam. Even branded outlet like skechers sell imported from Vietnam/Europe.
Sorry for OT. We all like to stereotype the vietnam but the reality is slightly different.

They have defeated France, US and China. How many countries can claim that? India imports more from vietnam than it exports to vietnam. And most of the indian exports are either metals or agricultural. Whereas Vietnam exports refined products like electronics back to India.

Vietnam has 50% more GDP per capita than India. Meaning on an average, people in Vietnam are paid more.

Vietnam exports highly acclaimed EV cars to US. India too will soon get VinFast VF8. Whereas India exports Jeep knockoffs to US.

Back