Nothing Phone

Apparently, Nothing phone does not support Dual Apps right now. A big big miss from them which will make the phone unviable for many. Saw this in a Youtube review.

Apparently, Nothing phone does not support Dual Apps right now. A big big miss from them which will make the phone unviable for many. Saw this in a Youtube review.
I don't think I have seen single android user using dual app on their phone.

For WhatsApp you can always use moded WhatsApp which Co exist with main WhatsApp without need of any setting

For WhatsApp you can always use moded WhatsApp which Co exist with main WhatsApp without need of any setting
I used to use Shelter to set up my own work profile and thus use apps with a secondary login.

well i did use it for few days, and many use it for home and office numbers, personal & business .family and dedicated for girlfirend

There's a rumor about the next scheduled update. It seems they've tied up with Sony India. Now all Nothing phone will have default ringtone of "Chal chaiyya chaiyya" from Dil Se fame, obv with glyph interface to match.

Really. I have had the opposite experience. Nearly everyone who has two SIMs is using the benefit of dual apps, mainly for Whatsapp, ever since it became available. I have been using it for 6-7 years now. Everyone who is using two numbers properly needs dual Whatsapp to run on the same phone.

Hearing all these reports, good thing that a lot of people waited and did not ride the hype. I'm waiting for pixel 6A/6 and Zenfone 9 (IF it comes to india) and then I might buy one

Thanks to Flipkart delaying my order, I was able to cancel my order. Interest has died and I decided not to go with it. As the phone has still not shipped (ordered on 13th) even though I booked it by paying 2k as pre-order amount, I went ahead and cancelled the order.

Seriously speaking, I do not know why some brands make 'all' their products exclusive to one platform. Knowing flipkart's mess and broken system, Nothing should have gone with Amazon. Probably they went with Flipkart as it is taking lower commission per sale.

Thanks to Flipkart delaying my order, I was able to cancel my order. Interest has died and I decided not to go with it. As the phone has still not shipped (ordered on 13th) even though I booked it by paying 2k as pre-order amount, I went ahead and cancelled the order.

Seriously speaking, I do not know why some brands make 'all' their products exclusive to one platform. Knowing flipkart's mess and broken system, Nothing should have gone with Amazon. Probably they went with Flipkart as it is taking lower commission per sale.
It depends on the location as well, also you will be informed about the delivery date during order placement.
Metro cities orders get delivered in 2-3 days

What's with folks getting fascinated with stock android? Motorola already offering this.
It is funny you should mention Motorola which has the worst track record of all Android manufacturers in terms of updates and optimisation. Went downhill real fast after the Lenovo takeover.

From the Nothing Phone website:

1658211818379.png

One of those things is not like the others.

It's not even marketed as a crypto phone.

It depends on the location as well, also you will be informed about the delivery date during order placement.
That's such a general statement. Flipkart is now specialized at doing this whether it be a metro city. Order a phone and they will delay it to an extent and you choose to cancel it and that is exactly what they want because they cannot fulfill the order.
Call flipkart executives and even they won't be able tell you why is it not packed or shipped after 15 days.
Cases like this happens mostly when you bought them in sale in discounts.

I am in Bangalore. Problem is with Flipkart's delivery system. What was the point of pre-order and reserving a unit. I had pre-ordered the phone more than a week before it was even announced, ordered the phone on 13th (day after the phone's announcement) and they did not deliver the phone after almost a week.

And no, that deliver date that they show is 'expected', it is not 'by that date/time'. There is another guy for whom it was showing tomorrow morning as delivery and the phone is not even dispatched till now.

In short, Flipkart, as always messed it up big time.

Probably they went with Flipkart as it is taking lower commission per sale.
That can be the only reason. They were exclusively offering the nothing ear pods earlier so that was the precedent.
I am in Bangalore. Problem is with Flipkart's delivery system. What was the point of pre-order and reserving a unit. I had pre-ordered the phone more than a week before it was even announced, ordered the phone on 13th (day after the phone's announcement) and they did not deliver the phone after almost a week.
That is sad because you were the most enthusisatic about it. I'd imagine they had issues with stock.
And no, that deliver date that they show is 'expected', it is not 'by that date/time'. There is another guy for whom it was showing tomorrow morning as delivery and the phone is not even dispatched till now.
The preception is that it is dishonest. but i think there is a gap between their inventory and delivery system.

Last edited:
That can be the only reason. They were exclusively offering the nothing ear pods earlier so that was the precedent.

That is sad because you were the most enthusisatic about it. I'd imagine they had issues with stock.

The preception is that it is dishonest. but i think there is a gap between their inventory and delivery system.
They had already mentioned that they had very few inventory, they handed out more phones to reviewers than consumer ,its better to wait .many have reported dead pixe and green tint issue . I am very much sure they would bring in rev 2.0 of this phone may be with new generation of SD

Anyways ma boy desi wolverine was on fire

Back