Android Now that LG is wrapping up, wish to buy LG G8X as my last LG purchase...

Lol tired of waiting for the g8x to come back in stock nd deliverable to new delhi..

I am feeling as if I am loosing my interest now

Not at all, I am not gonna pay 28k

May be 22 or somewhere around.
Ain't worth it above that
Used I can buy at 15 or there about
If u r waiting to buy it for 22k then don't wait, It's not coming back at that price.

Also I personally would not recommend buying this phone biggest drawback is the LG OS, 2nd its bulky with the dual screen its like holding a brick all the time.

If u r waiting to buy it for 22k then don't wait, It's not coming back at that price.

Also I personally would not recommend buying this phone biggest drawback is the LG OS, 2nd its bulky with the dual screen its like holding a brick all the time.
I have used atleast 5 lg phones in last 5 years and I am fine with the os infact i like it tbh.

I am prepared for the weight as it is i can always switch to the main unit only.
I like quirky designs and this is quirky as well as practical hence I am interested.

Price well lets see where it settles, I am of the opinion the hike is to deter people from it for now and push them towards lg wing.

As it is The prices can't sustain for long considering lg is closing and daily new phones are launching from all the companies

Phone is indeed fantastic
As I am a fan of all quirky designs in phones hence I am pretty happy.
The bulk is ok for me and the features are so nice.
Battery backup is also good
The charging is super feast with my mi 37 w charger , people who have been complaining about slow charging with fear chargers might not be aware that the magnetic connector should be attracted so that the charging sign is on its top.

Found a ton if themes and live wallpapers for it thru. Xda and just living them.

Phone is super smooth and with proper knowhow wrt dual screen outta fantastic

Phone is indeed fantastic
As I am a fan of all quirky designs in phones hence I am pretty happy.
The bulk is ok for me and the features are so nice.
Battery backup is also good
The charging is super feast with my mi 37 w charger , people who have been complaining about slow charging with fear chargers might not be aware that the magnetic connector should be attracted so that the charging sign is on its top.

Found a ton if themes and live wallpapers for it thru. Xda and just living them.

Phone is super smooth and with proper knowhow wrt dual screen outta fantastic
Charging speed will be limited to 16-18w with any charger, it's slow by today's standards but works fine for me. It's a proper flagship at throwaway price which is as good as any deal gets.

Charging speed will be limited to 16-18w with any charger, it's slow by today's standards but works fine for me. It's a proper flagship at throwaway price which is as good as any deal gets.
Well with my mi 27 watt charger it takes around 1.5 hours that's fast for me tbh

Well with my mi 27 watt charger it takes around 1.5 hours that's fast for me tbh
Mobile only supports up to 21w with very specific chargers, in other chargers it'll only charge at 16-18w. I have the same mi 27w charger and LG official charger, both take same time to charge.

Mobile only supports up to 21w with very specific chargers, in other chargers it'll only charge at 16-18w. I have the same mi 27w charger and LG official charger, both take same time to charge.
I am sure you must have tried already as you own the phone from way before then me,

Still try and put it in dual case and charge using the magnetic connector with fast charge icon on it facing upwards using the mi charger and supplied cable.
See if it charges faster than what you may have experienced .

I like this phone a lot in fact i liked all the lg s i have used till date ...
Still have g3 g4 g5 v20 with me [emoji1]

Last edited:
A proper 0-100 takes nearly 2 hrs with any fast charger you can use. And the 1.5 hrs may feel fast to you, but people have been spoiled by other fast chargers. So the 18/21 W fast charging the phone supports is not great by 2020/21 standards. Also, what doesn't help, is the fact, that the phone will not fast-charge while you are using it. It shows the sign, but charges at 5/10W when someone is using the phone.

I am sure you must have tried already as you own the phone from way before then me,

Still try and put it in dual case and charge using the magnetic connector with fast charge icon on it facing upwards using the mi charger and supplied cable.
See if it charges faster than what you may have experienced .

I like this phone a lot in fact i liked all the lg s i have used till date ...
Still have g3 g4 g5 v20 with me [emoji1]
I lost that adapter, still it's fast enough for me.

A proper 0-100 takes nearly 2 hrs with any fast charger you can use. And the 1.5 hrs may feel fast to you, but people have been spoiled by other fast chargers. So the 18/21 W fast charging the phone supports is not great by 2020/21 standards. Also, what doesn't help, is the fact, that the phone will not fast-charge while you are using it. It shows the sign, but charges at 5/10W when someone is using the phone.
You may be right , charging has never been a deal breaker for me tbh
I am almost always in wifi and in vicinity of a power socket where ever I am ..

I never use my phones while charging ever.
But thanks indeed for the info [emoji106]

You may be right , charging has never been a deal breaker for me tbh
I am almost always in wifi and in vicinity of a power socket where ever I am ..

I never use my phones while charging ever.
But thanks indeed for the info [emoji106]
Me too. That's why I mostly use a Wireless Charger with the G8X. The Huawei CP61 is an excellent wireless charger , which for some reason charges the phone nearly as quickly as an 18W charger (checked via Accubattery stats) for the shorter charges (40-80%) despite the phone only supporting 9W wireless charging officially.

Me too. That's why I mostly use a Wireless Charger with the G8X. The Huawei CP61 is an excellent wireless charger , which for some reason charges the phone nearly as quickly as an 18W charger (checked via Accubattery stats) for the shorter charges (40-80%) despite the phone only supporting 9W wireless charging officially.
Wow any idea where I can get one ?
Any useful tips about the g8x you old timers would like to share please [emoji4]?

How long does it take for 0 to 100?

G8X is great phone however how long does the battery last?
I won't recommend it for a new purchase. I got one for my dad for 17K in Flipkart Sale with SBI Card discount. It was a steal then. Battery life lasts full day for his use but I doubt it will last the same for me. It will be updated to A11 shortly and is getting security patches on quarterly basis.

Back