Nvidia 4000 series cards

I am more thinking of that 600W :p even on a 250W card I can feel the heat from my system. on this only time will tell what we will feel :hilarious:
With Graphics cards requiring 400+ watts why are they sticking to lame 12V? It's unbelievable that those tiny pins need to ship 30-40 amps. That's more than what a water geyser uses. They should add 48V rail or something. PC standards need to improve.

With Graphics cards requiring 400+ watts why are they sticking to lame 12V? It's unbelievable that those tiny pins need to ship 30-40 amps. That's more than what a water geyser uses. They should add 48V rail or something. PC standards need to improve.
many be nvidia is using DLSS 3 on power hardware as well :p

They should add 48V rail or something. PC standards need to improve.
No, increasing the power requirements and specs isn't "improvement". Granted Nvidia increased efficiency over Samsung's node by using TSMC this thing but this wasn't a big surprise. The wrong thing with the 4090 is that the higher TDP limit. No card should need that TBH and I've seen videos where people drop power limits significantly and barely lose performance.
It just goes to show the over spec done on the power side.

No, increasing the power requirements and specs isn't "improvement".
I think you misread my point. My point was we are still using archaic standards to fit modern computer components.

See, there was a time when mobile were getting charged at 5v only. Nowadays, mobile can charge at 20v too. Increasing voltage lets us use thinner copper cables and can have fast charging too.

How many 8 pin connectors does the 3090ti needs? 4? 5? How inefficient is that? So like there are 15 pairs of cables (30 total) carrying same 12v dc to the gfx card. What a waste of copper and space! Cable management is a mess.

Consider raising voltage to 96v. It's not going to electrocute anyone. Single pair of cable (2 pin connector) can power a whole 4090 alone. No copper, space wasted. System is reliable and no cable mess inside the system.

PCI express slot is another example of the old standard. It's comically small for today's graphics cards. Why not make a bigger one or stronger one? Why not have a 32x pci e slot? we are literally using standards from 90s to solve modern problems.

May be the whole ATX board can be scrapped for a better standard. Even the route and placement can be changed for better cable management. But who is going to break compatibility? Only Apple can afford to do the same and they have done it.

Looking at how the RTX 4xxx cards are priced extremely high with around 30%* increase in performance of their RTX 3xxx equivalent, 3xxx will increase in price in the used card market once miners finish dumping their inventory.

Looking at how the RTX 4xxx cards are priced extremely high with around 30%* increase in performance of their RTX 3xxx equivalent, 3xxx will increase in price in the used card market once miners finish dumping their inventory.
you meant decrease ?

Kuch bhi?

1) Miner inventory is a lot + there's a lot of new stock as well
2) If dumping succeeds means people who wanted cards for non-mining use would have got it
3) Demand will be less due to the above
4) Price won't increase and perhaps even decrease
5) Lastly there's a lot of time for mid-range 4000 series to arrive and it's not something which will render previous gen useless.

Such baseless speculations and spreading FUD seem like desperate price gouging attempts.

why would 3000 series price increase?
For a gamer who shelled out a lot of mula for a 3xxx card (as the miners/scalpers kept the price high) to sell at one third their price in less than a year is a very painful proposition. But it's happening as the miners are dumping at a very low price (they made money out of it after all) so the gamer has to follow the market tried. But with the new 4xxx cards only appealing to the extreme gaming (500fps or 4k 120 people) the rest of the gamers will easily settle for the 3xxx series. So once the miners inventory is over, the market will bounce back for the 3xxx series

Kuch bhi?

2) If dumping succeeds means people who wanted cards for non-mining use would have got it
5) Lastly there's a lot of time for mid-range 4000 series to arrive and it's not something which will render previous gen useless.

Such baseless speculations and spreading FUD seem like desperate price gouging attempts.
thats why I was like why increase :p

For a gamer who shelled out a lot of mula for a 3xxx card (as the miners/scalpers kept the price high) to sell at one third their price in less than a year is a very painful proposition.
I seriously doubt it would be any more painful than when the person already bought it at a high price. It just means they can afford to lose that money and are OK with it and that's why they bought it at that stupid mark-up anyways.
A true mid-range gamer would never have bought GPUs that high prices and would have waited.

Kuch bhi?

So before you start attempting to give it a colour full name, we can simply wait and watch

Lighten up, take a deep breath and say woosah

Last edited:
So before you start attempting to give it a colour full name, we can simply wait and watch
Brother any new launch will invite scalpers for the fact that the inventory will be less and they know they've successfully exploited that market previously due to other factors (COVID + mining). That doesn't mean it's gonna stay that way forever.
Nvidia knowingly will keep less inventory for 4000 series until stocks of 3000 series are cleared.

Jenson said himself that "mainstream" gamers should buy the 3060/70/80 GPUs and only "enthusiasts" should go for the 4080/90. His plan is clear as day to not bring mid-range cards until the stock of previous is clear because if they do that then they would have to sell 3000 series at a deep discounted price and we all know how Nvidia hates discounts. They'd rather have their items out of stock than to sell it at discounts.

It's just initial launch days right now of course the cards will be scalped.

Hain
Hain! That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It is already decreasing and will further decrease even for new ones till msrp.. Let alone second hand which will be extremely hard to sell let alone increase in price

7 members on this forum bought 3070 for 23.5k (for outstation people it will cost 24k.... expect that many low/medium end cards in used market soon) also there is no shortage of GPU's in second hand market. This becomes a benchmark now and price will only go down further. People say it was used in mining etc... Bla Bla Bla.... but as long as there is warranty people don't care.

7 members on this forum bought 3070 for 23.5k (for outstation people it will cost 24k.... expect that many low/medium end cards in used market soon) also there is no shortage of GPU's in second hand market. This becomes a benchmark now and price will only go down further. People say it was used in mining etc... Bla Bla Bla.... but as long as there is warranty people don't care.
Will AMD cards prices also come down like in the case of 3070?
If so please report here of anybody selling such AMD cards for low prices. Thanks.

Will AMD cards prices also come down like in the case of 3070?
If so please report here of anybody selling such AMD cards for low prices. Thanks.
the most used cards were 3060Ti-3070-3080 so those are the ones we see with miners though we did find 6700XT but it was not VFM compared to 3070 deal. Will post in deal thread if there is a good deal to be taken. I've postponed my purchase and will buy in a month or so. Aiming 3060Ti in 15~16k range or 3070 at 20k. Lets see, I am not in hurry anyways.

Back