Nvidia 4000 series cards

I believe the used inventory of GPUs has already started hitting market. And yes Nvidia is stuck both ways with too much 3xxx inventory and upcoming 4xxx inventory.

Hence curious if I should keep that 3080ti or let it go. I can easily get what I paid as its still at a deep discount. However market prices of 3080ti are still north of 90k and I can easily use this card for 4 more years
Most logical way is to keep it till 4000 series launches and then flip it at almost what you paid for it.

That way you get to enjoy it and since you were able to obtain it a deep discount you won't be facing much depreciation.

However I am still wondering whether to keep it or sell it as may be 4xxx cards will be priced lower?
I don't know why you guys take rumors to decide your purchases. The 3080Ti is a very good card and no one knows for sure how much the 4x series will cost. Even if they cut down the prices of the 3x series you still got yours at a discount so it will still be reasonable deal then.
Anyway back to sales.

You've already answered your own question.

It all comes down to your self esteem. If you'll feel like you have "last generation" card when 4000 series is launched (it's not gonna happen soon) then do whatever you want but if you're someone who feels content with the things you own given that they work for you without any issues functionally then keep it.

Don't be offended but what you're really asking here is that the chull of owning the latest and greatest good? My answer and opinion, nope but if you have the disposable income then do as you please.
No man. Its nothing to do with chull or self esteem. I managed for 4 years with 1080. So can still manage for an year. Question is about value for money. I am not sure what 4xxx series card I can get for 78k and its performance vs 3080ti.

No man. Its nothing to do with chull or self esteem. I managed for 4 years with 1080. So can still manage for an year. Question is about value for money. I am not sure what 4xxx series card I can get for 78k and its performance vs 3080ti.
There will always be a next gen card to wait and lust for. As you already said you can use a 3080ti for the next 4 years easy. All boils down to do you think the amount invested is worth the 4 years time? If not keep waiting but do keep in mind you'll be basing your decision based on a rumor.

The 4000 series will be a great jump in performance because TSMC N4 node is simply far superior than the fake 8nm node of Samsung this is already evident in the numbers being leaked.

All the GPUs are being clocked really higher even upto 2.6ghz that's simply unheard of combined with one of the stiffest competition from AMD this time in the form of RDNA 3

This will be great series and far superior than what turing(2000) was from Pascal(1000).

4070 will match 3090 performance this has been confirmed by all credible leakers.

But the issue is NVIDIA and both AMD are not going to release them first. They will only launch high end cards first and 4080 and 4070 if launched at all at the end of year will only be a paper launch.

Also after any initial launch availability is always low because those who can afford will snap it up plus production is also at a stage where it is just getting started so it also needs time ramping up.

Also lower cards are essentially just cut down lower binned version of high end cards so it's like they have to collect and store all those failed 4080 to bin them to 4070 so obviously that take time.

I guess what I am saying you still have 6-9 months confirmed maybe upto a year before 4070 will hit the market and before it will be available for a reasonable price.

So play with your 3080 ti and you'd still be able to flip it at a good price and recover the money for a upgrade 4080 and 4070 are a 2023 product so long ways off

Seeing the price drops and falling 2nd hand market prices - I guess 4 series announcement is coming soon
What? That makes no sense... If anything, it indicates Nvidia and Board partners still have a lot of stock at their hands that they need to get rid of. Unless that happens 4000 series won't even be announced.
Also another thing to note, nvidia never sells below MSRP. They'll sit on their stock forever but won't sell for deep discounts.

What? That makes no sense... If anything, it indicates Nvidia and Board partners still have a lot of stock at their hands that they need to get rid of. Unless that happens 4000 series won't even be announced.
Also another thing to note, nvidia never sells below MSRP. They'll sit on their stock forever but won't sell for deep discounts.
Well, that sucks.

I mean I'm not complaining about GPU at MSRPs after the drought we came from, I hope the inevitable hike of 4 series doesn't last long after launch

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 rumored to feature 23 Gbps 16GB GDDR6X memory and 340W total board power

1661354498310.png

NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 4060 Ti & RTX 4060 "Rumored" Specifications & Performance Revealed, Could Offer Faster Performance Than RTX 3080​

Personally, I would not take any of these rumours seriously until nVidia officially releases more info on these newer cards.

Yeah, Q1 2023 is way too far and 4060 is the card we are looking at but maybe things will change after ETH Merge so companies will have to rethink there strategy

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Graphics Card - October 2022 Launch
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Graphics Card - November 2022 Launch
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Graphics Card - December 2022 Launch
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Graphics Card - January CES 2023 Unveil

With ETH merge in couple of days and new launches, the price cut in second hand market would be interesting

Back