Nvidia RTX 3XXX Series announced

Yes for people who can wait 3070ti and amd rdna 2 will be great..but for someone who doesn't have any gpu at the moment best bet is to buy on launch date or it will be sold out within a day or two

PicsArt_09-04-03.04.49.jpg

I dont get it. What do they have to gain by NOT selling the cards for the last couple months?

I am not sure but us or some country has a law that if an upgrade of the product is comming than they have to officially inform the consumer or if not and buyer has bought the product 30 days of prior to launch they have right to return the product or get rebates. So they wont take such expensive risks

I am not sure but us or some country has a law that if an upgrade of the product is comming than they have to officially inform the consumer or if not and buyer has bought the product 30 days of prior to launch they have right to return the product or get rebates. So they wont take such expensive risks

Wow, that some real dope consumer protection shit right there. But then again, even without such laws they can always return products pretty easy there. basically, if they're not 110% satisfied, they return. Here, if you have a defect even in warranty you still may get shafted. :-/

Some of us 10 series owners can finally get a card that is worth upgrading. Nvidia 20 series was really RTX Tech demo cards sold for premium price and as expected has terrible depreciation in value.

AMD fanbois aka morons were already hyping RDNA2 & destroying Nvidia 20 series, but after the nvidia announcement switched to their good old argument to "AMD produce VFM product & they stand against evil corp". Hilarious !! :p AMD didnt even had answers to1080Ti for a while let alone 2080Ti or the monsters 3080/3090. RIP AMD !! :playful::playful:

Competition is great, who cares which corporate comes at the top as long as we consumers get the best price. And dont forget kids, Brand loyalty is STUPID, AMD is not your friend !!

Some of us 10 series owners can finally get a card that is worth upgrading. Nvidia 20 series was really RTX Tech demo cards sold for premium price and as expected has terrible depreciation in value.

AMD fanbois aka morons were already hyping RDNA2 & destroying Nvidia 20 series, but after the nvidia announcement switched to their good old argument to "AMD produce VFM product & they stand against evil corp". Hilarious !! :p AMD didnt even had answers to1080Ti for a while let alone 2080Ti or the monsters 3080/3090. RIP AMD !! :playful::playful:

Competition is great, who cares which corporate comes at the top as long as we consumers get the best price. And dont forget kids, Brand loyalty is STUPID, AMD is not your friend !!
so you're hating on amd but at the same time dissing on fanbois? wow!
as far as actual ownership is concerned, i don't see how not answering to 1080ti,2080ti or 3090 matters while purchasing.
also i dont understand how the VFM argument is stupid, infact it is the most logical.

if my budget is 25k, i'll look at the options in that bracket, will i look at how 1080ti compares to my rx 580?
ps, also want to add i bought a 480(now bios flashed to 580 spec),
when 1060 was out in 2016, it was as fast if not faster than polaris. now after 4 years, every new game release shows the 580 significantly beating out 1060.
does it matter it's not a green team product then? why're you hating? you should buy what's best in the range you're spending.
Post automatically merged:

about the 3xxx series, my only concern year after year is how the 70 card is inching closer and closer to high end pricing with every new launch.
i miss the time when 60 was always a $2xx product and 70, a $3xx product.

im hopeful rdna will have good 60,70 product so that the high entry pricing comes down for ray tracing gpus

Last edited:
My opinion is that Nvidia did not push their Tech with 2080's and charged a lot. After going through this video from Hardware unboxed, they stated that Nvidia charged an un-necessary premium of over 70% over 1080Ti for a 2080Ti and only giving about 30% percent performance gains. However with the earlier generations the rise in cost would be 10 to 15 percent per generation.
One more point to add is that looking at PS5 and XBOX X, from the early videos, that RDNA2 looks promising. You would go out guns blazing only when you fear that the opponent might be tough, i am really banking on AMD and there will be a price war for sure.

This isn't new information, every single reviewer criticized the high pricing at launch which is why a lot of higher end Pascal owners skipped the entire gen itself.
Mr.Leather Jacket himself acknowledged it during the event.

This isn't new information, every single reviewer criticized the high pricing at launch which is why a lot of higher end Pascal owners skipped the entire gen itself.
Mr.Leather Jacket himself acknowledged it during the event.

Yeah brother, i saw that. He admitted it on the stage that they staged this performance jump. If i would have been a 2080Ti owner, would have been pissed off madly. I mean the resale value of a 2080Ti is not going to be more than 40k-45k if RTX 3070 matches it in performance. I mean even if comes closed to 5% of what a 2080Ti gives. This will unfold in October i guess.

so you're hating on amd but at the same time dissing on fanbois? wow!
as far as actual ownership is concerned, i don't see how not answering to 1080ti,2080ti or 3090 matters while purchasing.
also i dont understand how the VFM argument is stupid, infact it is the most logical.

if my budget is 25k, i'll look at the options in that bracket, will i look at how 1080ti compares to my rx 580?
ps, also want to add i bought a 480(now bios flashed to 580 spec),
when 1060 was out in 2016, it was as fast if not faster than polaris. now after 4 years, every new game release shows the 580 significantly beating out 1060.
does it matter it's not a green team product then? why're you hating? you should buy what's best in the range you're spending.
Post automatically merged:

about the 3xxx series, my only concern year after year is how the 70 card is inching closer and closer to high end pricing with every new launch.
i miss the time when 60 was always a $2xx product and 70, a $3xx product.

im hopeful rdna will have good 60,70 product so that the high entry pricing comes down for ray tracing gpus
Hey you misunderstood everything, I'm not hating on any company/product. I own 3700X (despite their fake boost clock fiasco) because it was under my budget and fit my requiirement perfectly. I was just trolling AMD fanbois coz these morons are everywhere circlejerk & spreading pure nonsense . And VFM argument is extremely subjective to ones requirement. AMD/Nvidia/Intel are here to make money and they all offer great products and equally shitty ones. Whoever offer better product consumers should buy that instead of favouring one companyover a deluded notion of good vs evil corporate.

Peace !

Yeah brother, i saw that. He admitted it on the stage that they staged this performance jump. If i would have been a 2080Ti owner, would have been pissed off madly. I mean the resale value of a 2080Ti is not going to be more than 40k-45k if RTX 3070 matches it in performance. I mean even if comes closed to 5% of what a 2080Ti gives. This will unfold in October i guess.

PC components shouldn't be viewed as an investment and the 2080Ti's were ridiculously priced to begin with so I guess they've learnt their lesson. The only case where gpu's appreciated in value were the 1070/1080/1080Ti's during the crypto boom else high end gpu's have always depreciated in value.
That being said, 2070/2070s/2080/2080s/2080Ti users shouldn't be panic selling at huge losses without waiting for actual reviews. Just because they don't have the shiniest new thing doesn't mean that their gpu's are completely worthless, they can still wait a couple of years before buying a new gpu depending on how raytracing is implemented in newer titles with significant visual upgrades unlike what we've seen until now.

PC components shouldn't be viewed as an investment and the 2080Ti's were ridiculously priced to begin with so I guess they've learnt their lesson. The only case where gpu's appreciated in value were the 1070/1080/1080Ti's during the crypto boom else high end gpu's have always depreciated in value.
That being said, 2070/2070s/2080/2080s/2080Ti users shouldn't be panic selling at huge losses without waiting for actual reviews. Just because they don't have the shiniest new thing doesn't mean that their gpu's are completely worthless, they can still wait a couple of years before buying a new gpu depending on how raytracing is implemented in newer titles with significant visual upgrades unlike what we've seen until now.
As a matter of fact, adding to what you said, i was checking the reviews for 1070 from Crypto perspective and it holds good ground even today. And same would be my suggestion too for RTX 20 series owners, if you are getting 60+ frames at whatever resolution you are gaming, hold on to them for as long as you can to extract that last bit of juice.

Back