Nvidia RTX 3XXX Series announced

Im referring to the 3060 5600H which after discounts comes to 89K, not the old one

Is the problem only with the Ryzen 5000 chip models?
Do keep in mind that it the 1650Ti is a 50W GPU, while my RTX 3060 is a 100W one. But I would still these are excellent temps because my Nitro 7 2019 would throttle on both cpu and GPU within 10mins of any game, forget stress tests.
Do you still have it? Have you tried changing the thermal paste? I don't think that's normal or is it?

Do you still have it? Have you tried changing the thermal paste? I don't think that's normal or is it?
Yep, have changed thermal paste but the only one I have access to rn is the Noctua NT-H1 which is not recommended for gaming laptops due to its squeezing out nature. After repaste it used to run pretty cool (70c on GPU, 80c on CPU playing Witcher 3 at high settings), but I suppose due to the noctua being suboptimal for laptops it went back to regular thermal throttling business.
Also the newer Nitro series have the same cooling design as Helios, whereas my Nitro has the old design where both the CPU and GPU share a common heatsinks and 2 fans, like HP's Pavilion series. So I think the newer Nitro series should anyway run cooler than a typical single heatsinks design.

I think I'll start a separate review thread for this laptop in a few days/week, but damn this thing is a champ - I managed to get an undervolt of 186mV on core and 87mV on cache, and now I can get 4Ghz under sustained all core loads. The 10870H now officially beats my overclocked 3600XT @ 4.43Ghz, scoring 4150 points in CBR20 compared to the Ryzen's ~4000.
For reference, stock all core turbo, without any undervolt, was 3.2Ghz all core.

Temps don't go beyond 80C on CPU now, and beyond 75C on CPU. On stock, both temps were 10C higher and had lower clockspeeds as well

Last edited:
Oh no... I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop...

Oh no... I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop I don't need a gaming laptop...
Old Alienwares usually go for pretty cheap if you can find them in decent condition. Will make for great Windows XP gaming machines :p

I indeed scream that internally, just a bit differently, like don't make this topic a lopatopa one..............
Yea sorry for spamming this thread, as mentioned in my last post I'll create a separate thread for this laptop soon :)

OK I know I said last post about laptop, but this is more to do with the RTX 3060 GPU so posting here. At stock settings, the RTX 3060 mobile got 6250 on Superposition 4k with turbo mode - which maxes out the fans making it a jet engine, and applies a 100mhz oc on core and 200mhz on memory. Without turbo mode the score was around 6000 points.

Now along with my CPU uv (-182mV on core, -87mV on cache) described earlier, I wanted to see how far I can push the GPU. But even after applying an undervolt via msi afterburner curve and using turbo mode, I never really broke 6300 points. So I flashed vbios from a Gigabyte G5 3060, and boy oh boy this thing smokes even my full fat Vega 64 LC, which scored 7150 points!

With turbo mode unlocking TGP to 105W, I now got a score of 7200 points for Superposition 4K, and 7050 with auto fans (and 95W TGP).
So with Turbo mode (and an oc of +135mhz on core and +333mhz on memory), my "laptop" RTX 3060 has the second highest Superposition 4K score for a 3060 in the world (you can check leaderboard here and filter for RTX 3060 results). It is beating out full fat 170W 3060 cards which have overclocks of +700mhz on memory even. My score is 7198, the highest till now is 7218.

I am no Nvidia fanboy, in fact quite the opposite, but I am mightily impressed by how well optimised this card is, and also impressed by Acer for their excellent thermal performance. Anyone considering a RTX 3000 series laptop, I reckon the RTX 3060 is the sweet spot in terms of price to performance, and if you can get a 130W TGP card around 1.2L, and your budget allows for it, nothing better than that!

Temps have increased by 5C on GPU and CPU each (82C on GPU and 80C on CPU both after 30min long RDR2 session), but very worth the performance gain. Avg FPS in RDR2 benchmark increased from 47fps to 57fps as well

Attachments

• IMG_20210526_182510.jpg
    IMG_20210526_182510.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Hope they don't exclude under lockdown areas
Did you check your PIN? Or sent them a query mail?
They didn't reply back anymore. They said they will fix the website's "technical glitches" and go ahead with the sale. No other info including shipping issues.

They didn't reply back anymore. They said they will fix the website's "technical glitches" and go ahead with the sale. No other info including shipping issues.
Bhai, they have the same email for me everytime.

They had emailed an hour back, didn't notice it. It's on for tomorrow.

*We are informing all the customers who have notified us for the requirement, 24 hrs in advance via email only. Billing will be done on first come first serve basis to successful orders through the above link only.

I don't know why they are so particular about that link. Any prior experience anyone? I think @xkcd0137 also brought it up last time

I don't know why they are so particular about that link. Any prior experience anyone? I think @xkcd0137 also brought it up last time
Haven't received the mail so can't confirm. Actually there were trackers in that link so I thought that it might be of some relevance. Not sure though.

Edit: Just visited their site. Its still a shithole.

Last edited:
I have checked it before, it did show serviceable. But now since we are in lockdown idk if they changed it or not. Not able to check it now, it just keeps spinning after I click pincode check, will try in the sale anyway.

Haven't received the mail so can't confirm. Actually there were trackers in that link so I thought that it might be of some relevance. Not sure though.

Edit: Just visited their site. Its still a shithole.
I think whatever service they are using for sending these bulk emails (vresp/VerticalResponse) is adding Safe Links and so Microsoft is blocking their own website!! If I understood this correctly. CMIIW

It returns a "Due to an internal error, this web page could not be loaded. We recommend that you close this page.
Microsoft Defender for Office 365 has encountered an error." that you experienced last time. It's ridiculous!

I have checked it before, it did show serviceable. But now since we are in lockdown idk if they changed it or not. Not able to check it now, it just keeps spinning after I click pincode check, will try in the sale anyway.
You are in Chennai right? Ecommerce deliveries are functioning. But even if Amazon is technically not allowed to run, in a complete lockdown, certain couriers are delivering so will probably not be an issue as long as they can ship it.

You are in Chennai right? Ecommerce deliveries are functioning. But even if Amazon is technically not allowed to run, in a complete lockdown, certain couriers are delivering so will probably not be an issue as long as they can ship it.
Hope you're right, now only need to be lucky enough to buy it.

Back