Nvidia RTX 3XXX Series announced

Cool news, now its on the Price and the availability.
Post automatically merged:

1598991171267.png

Last edited:
To some who are telling RIP AMD are idiots ,AMD are providing chips to Upcoming XBOX & PS5 who have confirmed RTX support

TSMC fabricates chips for AMD processors few intels ,APPLE ,your snapdragons ,huawei and anything which is 7 nm out there .AMD is their largest customer in terms of volume and all their FAB were booked . Due to this Nvidia didnt have chance to go 7 nm they got a little window when huawei were forced to pullout very less amount of chips could have been fabed. So they were forced to go with samsung on 8 nm.

I am unsure about 3090 is it truely 8k 60 fps .If yes than it could be 7nm tsmc based as no clear detail is provided in today's announcement.

AMD might have a top card for 2020 , But for 2021 TSMC will have fab open for nvidia than nvidia might come all guns blazing ti`s supers and what not with higher vram.

Good thing is that nvidia launched early and pricing is exciting ,What to buy will be decided by XBOX,PS5 and what AMD brings to the table

Now AMD has to either bring a better card at lower cost or bring cards which match current 2XXX series at cheap.In the end end user will benefit.

But than don`t be the first one to buy RTX 3xxx ,wait for temps chip failure rate etc

At the end good time in PC gaming is due to AMD

Theoretically, RTX 3070 has 43% more compute power than the RTX 2080 Ti, for both the CUDA cores and Tensor cores. It also has 18% more ray tracing performance. And it does that while using 12% less power, at less than half the cost. I am so anxiously waiting for the reviews. Hope they are not toast with all this hype.

If the claim of RTX3070=RTX2080ti is true (and that is a BIG if), AMD will need to pull a rabbit out of its hat. Rumours so far were Big Navi slightly faster than a 2080ti. Hope they deliver something a lot better than that. Otherwise taking the driver hassles of AMD will not be worthwhile

699 usd looks wholesome for 3080 but the Indian price 71k.. does not do justice..

Eventually partner card pricing settled lower than FE pricing for the 20 series. Hope the same happens with the new cards

AMD cards mostly suck on driver part elading to no. of issues. Their potential is thus limited.
as someone who's been using RX480 8G for the past 4 years. I can say driver part issues is a boatload of BS. And there have been plenty of Nvidia driver issues in the last 3 years. This driver stability BS needs to stop.

as someone who's been using RX480 8G for the past 4 years. I can say driver part issues is a boatload of BS. And there have been plenty of Nvidia driver issues in the last 3 years. This driver stability BS needs to stop.

I have an RX580 and a 5700XT. There are virtually no issues with Polaris but still a bucketload of issues with NAVi in Windows. I was seeing black screens quite frequently.

Finally rolled back that PC to the old 1070 and put the 5700 XT in my linux box where it replaced the 580. It now runs linux open source drivers and I've seen absolutely zero issues with it.

The NAVI windows driver stack is far from perfect. If you want to run NAVI right now, a better option is to install linux. If you wish to play games, use the Proton library integrated in Steam.

In nvidia at least ypu can roll back to a stable one and nvidia are pretty pro & quick resolving driver issues while amd are still noobisih since the days of good Ati. Its as simple as they got a ferrari with 300kmph but somehow their faulty fuel limits the speeds only up to 200. Yet they aren't able to figure out the exact core cause of the issue.

In nvidia at least ypu can roll back to a stable one and nvidia are pretty pro & quick resolving driver issues while amd are still noobisih since the days of good Ati. Its as simple as they got a ferrari with 300kmph but somehow their faulty fuel limits the speeds only up to 200. Yet they aren't able to figure out the exact core cause of the issue.
I don't think you've ever used an AMD GPU to comment on one. Anyway how's the 980, 1060 shaping up after all these years vs ATI noobish cards?
Pretty pointless to talk to a biased guy like yourself that can't come up with even a logical ref. Can't roll back drivers? Must be high!

I have an RX580 and a 5700XT. There are virtually no issues with Polaris but still a bucketload of issues with NAVi in Windows. I was seeing black screens quite frequently.

Finally rolled back that PC to the old 1070 and put the 5700 XT in my linux box where it replaced the 580. It now runs linux open source drivers and I've seen absolutely zero issues with it.

The NAVI windows driver stack is far from perfect. If you want to run NAVI right now, a better option is to install linux. If you wish to play games, use the Proton library integrated in Steam.
Friend has 5700. No issues he says. Suggest you RMA the card instead.

I don't think you've ever used an AMD GPU to comment on one. Anyway how's the 980, 1060 shaping up after all these years vs ATI noobish cards?
Pretty pointless to talk to a biased guy like yourself that can't come up with even a logical ref. Can't roll back drivers? Must be high!
Biased? Well have used amd cum intel nvidia cum ati and anything more you can think about. 1060 got sold like hot cakes. Only ati drivers which work good are the ones which came bundled with the card. Rest most of the updates have screwed it. Google if you require..
FYI..

Only ati drivers which work good are the ones which came bundled with the card.

That is nonsense and I say that as someone who has owned several AMD gpu's, heck I had zero issues with the RX470 I had for years and no one I know has ever installed drivers that came on the CD so no idea what you're talking about
The 9xx and 1xxx series didn't age well in comparison and the lower tiered 570/580 outperform their equivalent Nvidia gpu's by significant margins in some titles which is why Polaris gpu's are still popular in the budget segment..
Yes they botched up with 5700 gpu's but those have since been rectified, you know who else botched up with shitty gpu's at launch ? Nvidia with their space invaders special editions. Recently the German retailer Mindfactory posted their GPU RMA stats and percentage wise the 2080Ti won hands down.

Only problem with AMD is that they haven't put out a compelling product since the 1080Ti came out and hence their market share has shrunk in the mainstream and high end, I haven't come across a streamer who uses AMD since ages.
And you shouldn't be posting WCCFshat articles to make your point, that site and its community are trash.

Last edited:
That is nonsense and I say that as someone who has owned several AMD gpu's, heck I had zero issues with the RX470 I had for years and no one I know has ever installed drivers that came on the CD so no idea what you're talking about
Did I say every user faced issue?
See the posted links above..

Point is both AMD and Nvidia have had problems but AMD driver issues have been exaggerated by Nvidia fanboys who've never bought or used an AMD gpu.

Friend has 5700. No issues he says. Suggest you RMA the card instead.
Why should I RMA the card when it is working perfectly in Linux?

These issues seem to depend on the system configuration and some folks see it while others don't. Has got nothing to do with the GPU hardware.

What website is that?
Anandtech has different core counts
Each 'cuda core' has two floating point units instead of one before. So for marketing, the core count doubles.

Last edited:
Back