OLX deal screwed up!

File a Fir, head to cyber-cell, mail copy of it to Admin of Olx, get his ip-logs, mail copy of FIR to ISP and ask them to pull-up the ip-traces , and hope you might be able to get him.

Also, get a lawyer, and take advise from him on what all charges could be used

Is there a correct way to do a deal on OLX ? nobody gives anything until the money is transferred over first.

Trust ratings ? are they worth anything.

Meeting in person is best but not possible if people are from different cities.

Is there a correct way to do a deal on OLX ? nobody gives anything until the money is transferred over first.

Only way to deal with someone from other city is by sending clear pics and once the deal is in place, use COD service provided by couriers.
I enquired once and my courier guy told me that it only costs 2% and also counts as insurance.

I would think million times before dealing with someone from another city and moreover when contacted over such shady websites like olx and quikr. These are the craigslist of India and like there where people mostly meet and buy /sell stuff, that's what one needs to do here.
Try if the item is available from a local seller, meet up at a public place, do the transaction.

OLX and Quickr are wonderful platforms but one needs to be very careful. Never ever buy something from someone on OLX or Quickr without meeting the seller in person. This means you should never deal with people in other cities. I know this does not help OP, but just wanted to advice people to NEVER EVER buy anything on OLX/Quickr from someone in a different city.

Sorry to hear about your loss Bro. But I agree with PrateekS that "these sites should be used to deal locally only."
Although I would really like your issue to be sorted out and that you may get the product you purchased or your money back, but also let this serve as an example for not jumping onto deals which sound too good to be true on such sites, without proper prior information about seller. Such greedy behavior of fake Sellers does nothing but stain the trust needed for online transactions through websites such as OLX etc. Wish you Best of Luck Mate.

File a Fir, head to cyber-cell, mail copy of it to Admin of Olx, get his ip-logs, mail copy of FIR to ISP and ask them to pull-up the ip-traces , and hope you might be able to get him.

Also, get a lawyer, and take advise from him on what all charges could be used
. Have a friends uncle who is a lawyer mailed him will speak with him in the evening on how to proceed and file a for main mistake I did was I believed he has a thread on olx but he deleted or its not there now

Main mistake I did was transfer the money I should have transfered half and tel him yo ship but still half of money would have gone :-(

Main mistake I did was transfer the money I should have transfered half and tel him yo ship but still half of money would have gone :-(

Only way to deal with someone from other city is by sending clear pics and once the deal is in place, use COD service provided by couriers.
I enquired once and my courier guy told me that it only costs 2% and also counts as insurance.

He sent me pics and said he is packing two controllers in a separate Sony box and shipping morning :-(

Back