OLX deal screwed up!

Not Being Harsh, These Idiots sell the stuff which their dad's send from Gulf Countries.
When I was looking out for 2nd hand iphone for my friend. All were from Saudi/some Gulf country.

I would say, compose a smarter mail then direct threat, give him a way to get out of it cleanly, if he thinks about it. If you threaten him directly and make him guilty, he probably will act more like a criminal then he would if he had the chance to get out cleanly..

Something like this..

Hey!

Your number was not reachable, so I found out, you stay at _________ and you work at __________ , if you are too busy, I can send my uncle, who is a Police Superintendent at your place to pick it up. I know life gets crazy at times and you might have other important things to attend to, or you just lost your phone or something? Anyways, let me know, if you can ship it by tomorrow, give me a call from a std or anywhere else, here is my number again ________ . In case, I do not hear from your tomorrow, I will have to ask my uncle to pick things up from your office or work place, but I am hoping we can avoid all that.

Cheers!
_______

I would say, compose a smarter mail then direct threat, give him a way to get out of it cleanly, if he thinks about it, if you threaten him directly and make him guilty, he probably will act more like a criminal then he would if he had the chance to get out cleanly..

Something like this..
Awesome bro ur the maaan :)

I want something more added too saying I got address will be sending the fir and case filed by my lawyer and stuff I want him to tremble

Awesome bro ur the maaan :)

I want something more added too saying I got address will be sending the fir and case filed by my lawyer and stuff I want him to tremble

Add something like this,

Hey!

Your number was not reachable, so I found out, you stay at _________ and you work at __________ , if you are too busy, I can send my uncle, who is a Police Superintendent at your place to pick it up. I know life gets crazy at times and you might have other important things to attend to, or you just lost your phone or something? Anyways, let me know, if you can ship it by tomorrow, give me a call from a std or anywhere else, here is my number again ________ . In case, I do not hear from your tomorrow, I will have to ask my uncle to pick things up from your office or work place, he is a pretty angry guy, and he will surely follow up with FIR's , Legal Stuff n all but I am hoping we can avoid all that.

Cheers!

Add something like this,

Hey!

Your number was not reachable, so I found out, you stay at _________ and you work at __________ , if you are too busy, I can send my uncle, who is a Police Superintendent at your place to pick it up. I know life gets crazy at times and you might have other important things to attend to, or you just lost your phone or something? Anyways, let me know, if you can ship it by tomorrow, give me a call from a std or anywhere else, here is my number again ________ . In case, I do not hear from your tomorrow, I will have to ask my uncle to pick things up from your office or work place, he is a pretty angry guy, and he will surely follow up with FIR's , Legal Stuff n all but I am hoping we can avoid all that.

Cheers!

Good bro but still feel that scary effect is missing I will add masala to it thanks bro

what if he is not the guy? There are many people with same names and finding people on the internet by only name and location is bound to give you multiple hits. Send him the mail only if you are absolutely certain about his identity.
Once you file a police complaint the bank will give you the necessary information, you can proceed from there. There is no need to hurry the matter and make another mistake, the seller is not going anywhere.

what if he is not the guy? There are many people with same names and finding people on the internet by only name and location is bound to give you multiple hits. Send him the mail only if you are absolutely certain about his identity.
Once you file a police complaint the bank will give you the necessary information, you can proceed from there. There is no need to hurry the matter and make another mistake, the seller is not going anywhere.

true u got a point lekin i am not sure too that he is the guy . from the info i have and search results this was the only results i got from fb and linked in no one else was there with the same name.. Should i send him the mail or not still waiting for the lawyers reply

It goes without saying that all deals on OLX should be done in-person, there is no way you can trust people on OLX, so just deal with the person in the same city as you and it should be good.
What about buying with COD via the courier ?

Hardly any courier companies accept packages on cod, i have tried, websites say charges are 2% of item cost or a fixed amount whichever is higher, but no one takes cod parcels.

Even if they do, it's still not recommended to buy a product on OLX without seeing it first. Unless you like getting into arguments and fights later if things turn sour.

Proof is required on stamp paper, that's a contract, forum/email messages don't count.

But as I said, you can try.

Emails are very much admissible as proof of communication in courts. Not all transaction are sealed by using a stamp paper. When you buy something from a store like Flipkart and pay in advance, do they send you a receipt on e-stamp paper?

The OP should approach the police and file an FIR of fraud against the other person only if he can provide written proof of the deal. Just stating that you struck a deal on the phone and sent the money to his account would only get you laughed at and nothing else. If the OP does not have any written proof of the deal, write-off the amount as a paid lesson in how not be stupid and move on. No offense intended.

The seller seems like a seasoned fraudster and he obviously has done this kind of thing before. Unless you have good connections, there is very little you can do.

Back