Olympics Paris 2024

But why the previous match result won't be taken into account? She won that fair and square right? Her weight was within the rules for that match correct?

Last edited:
This is pure incompetence of the management. Not the player's fault.
Once it is decided in which category the player has to play, the dietician has the responsibility that she stays within the limit.
From what I've read sticking to the weight category is the responsibility of the athlete concered with penalties can be levied by the sports association for failing to do so.

From what I've read sticking to the weight category is the responsibility of the athlete concered with penalties can be levied by the sports association for failing to do so.
So what are those dieticians for? Player should go alone to the Olympics instead of wasting taxpayer's money on the team.

They got her to the final and then something went wrong. Its not an exact science as this isn't the first time she's failed a weight test

They got her to the final and then something went wrong. Its not an exact science as this isn't the first time she's failed a weight test
It's not about failing weight test normally before the event.
She was 49.9 kgs a day before and suddenly gaining weight. This is incompetence from the team.
She gained more than 2 kgs in a day. Even after whole night workout, drewing out blood, she failed by 100 gms.
What was the team doing in the meanwhile?

She was 49.9 kgs a day before and suddenly gaining weight. This is incompetence from the team.
She gained more than 2 kgs in a day. Even after whole night workout, drewing out blood, she failed by 100 gms.
What was the team doing in the meanwhile?
Her weight class in this competition is 50kg.

If she was 49.9 the day before and over by a 100gms it means she gained 200 gms. Not 2kg

Seems she got another chance to qualify

She qualified for Rio. In the QF she sustained a serious knee injury.

For the people of this country she's a finalist. Her three previous wins were all legal. They can't take those away from her.
Absolutely. Saw some people say she had an unfair advantage during the previous matches because of her weight.
But she was perfectly legal in the matches she was allowed to play.

This is run of the mill stuff for contact sports. In UFC/MMA/Boxing, weight cutting is pretty common and athletes will put themselves through insane levels of dehydration to reduce water weight and just barely meet the maximum for their weight class. People have died attempting it. I don't think dieticians can help you with this -- it's more of an extreme tactic done to gain any silver of an advantage. They do this because every kilogram of mass you have on your opponent is a significant advantage.

I'm sure her competitors were doing the same. It's such a tragedy she missed it by that small of a margin though.

Not sure if everything is 100% correct but seems like a decent place for some answers
Sounds about level. Common sense answers but with some people that is not credible. If you dress it up as a CT then it will be and go viral.
This is run of the mill stuff for contact sports. In UFC/MMA/Boxing, weight cutting is pretty common and athletes will put themselves through insane levels of dehydration to reduce water weight and just barely meet the maximum for their weight class. People have died attempting it. I don't think dieticians can help you with this -- it's more of an extreme tactic done to gain any silver of an advantage. They do this because every kilogram of mass you have on your opponent is a significant advantage.

I'm sure her competitors were doing the same. It's such a tragedy she missed it by that small of a margin though.
Body building as well
Absolutely. Saw some people say she had an unfair advantage during the previous matches because of her weight.
But she was perfectly legal in the matches she was allowed to play.
I've never paid much attention to this sport but because there was a lot of hype i watched the earlier bouts. Its full on grappling and extremely quick.

I understood why the women who lost to her looked so stunned. Your dreams can be over in a blink of an eye. Because of a wrong split second decision that the opponent seized on and then you're pinned down. Just like that

Last edited:
Sounds about level. Common sense answers but with some people that is not credible. If you dress it up as a CT then it will be and go viral.

Body building as well
Really great answers to most of my questions.
Very unfortunate. I just hope she recovers well. The rules are there. Can't do nothing about it.

What's your source for this claim
A member of her team told Sportstar, "Her normal weight is 57 kg, and she did everything to drop down to 50 kg. She was 49.9 kg yesterday (Tuesday) morning, but as soon as she had even a small meal, her weight bounced back to at least 53 kg. She needed to reach this weight to have the strength to compete in three bouts." These extreme measures left Vinesh weak, fragile, and dehydrated. She was taken to a medical center inside the Olympic village after feeling dizzy and briefly losing consciousness.

Source1

Source2

Multiple sources are there for this. You can check various articles.

Back