Oneplus 9 pro. Would you pay more for Hasselblad branding?

icysmoke

Disciple
Oneplus 9 Pro is launched at what is essentially an IPhone/S series price.
They will ofcourse ultimately get the users to pay for the 150m that they forked out to Hasselblad.

Would have mattered far less had the cameras actually been as good as the iphone. But from many reviews it is clear that it is not. Most are a bit muted in their criticism so that they keep getting review units. But at least everyone simply says it's nothing special. Essentially you are paying for that branding rather than great camera quality.

Was eagerly waiting for this phone. But there is no way I am spending 60k for a phone whose update support after 1 year matches a Samsung 15k m series phone. Especially when the cameras are just average too.

Was waiting to see the OP9 launch as I plan to replace my XS due to battery concerns. I think I will spend 25k odd on the A52 instead. Will get monthly update support for the next 2-3 years. Camera and screen are decent too. Spending around 35k more should give us the same level of support and extraordinary cameras. Otherwise can buy a 55 inch TV in that 35k price these days.

Nope, not any more. They are going into Samsung S series territory and I would rather have S series phone that has superior components (though a painful Exynos chip), better camera quality and samsung after sale support is solid. Also, do note that OneUI is as good as OxygenOS (probably better in some areas).

Note: I am using Oneplus 8 as my primary phone.

7tpro is going to be my last Oneplus phone. The sentiment is kind of negative across the board.
Their support system is ****ed up. Updates are mostly delayed. Phones are getting overpriced with every release. They have deviated from what they originally marketed for.

At such a price, they are eyeing a different market segment which unfortunately for them, is already captured by Samsung and Apple.
They are no longer what they were and trying to be what they can't become....

7tpro is going to be my last Oneplus phone. The sentiment is kind of negative across the board.
Their support system is ****ed up. Updates are mostly delayed. Phones are getting overpriced with every release. They have deviated from what they originally marketed for.

At such a price, they are eyeing a different market segment which unfortunately for them, is already captured by Samsung and Apple.
They are no longer what they were and trying to be what they can't become....
Exactly. Samsung and apple do far more than oneplus to justify the high price.
Nope, not any more. They are going into Samsung S series territory and I would rather have S series phone that has superior components (though a painful Exynos chip), better camera quality and samsung after sale support is solid. Also, do note that OneUI is as good as OxygenOS (probably better in some areas).

Note: I am using Oneplus 8 as my primary phone.
I think the same. Would prefer one ui over oxygen os that I used in OP3 till 2018. Samsung at least talks about its commitment to updates. Oneplus preferred to talk about 'color science'.

What exactly did they get from Hassleblad? The sensor seems to be the Sony IMX.. so what then? Image processing algo?
Accordingly up GSMA review it's the optics which is of Hasselblad.

Read the review only for the sake of them camera samples but the daylight photos are just average and behind competition, however, the night time shots were pretty solid. No comments on price or anything as the asking price considering a chingchong company phone is hilarious.

IMO OnePlus does not have a brand value to command such prices. If I have to spend that much it will definitely be a Samsung or an Apple.

Most of the phones these days are same. I'd just get the cheapest Snapdragon 888 phone whenever my Poco F1 dies.

Accordingly up GSMA review it's the optics which is of Hasselblad.

Read the review only for the sake of them camera samples but the daylight photos are just average and behind competition, however, the night time shots were pretty solid. No comments on price or anything as the asking price considering a chingchong company phone is hilarious.
Only color grading, and AFAIK, that too from Hasselblad ambassadors, not Hasselblad directly.
Looked up some reviews - it's basically a branding due to monetory exchange. Nothing exceptional. But fanbois will lap it up.

@icysmoke rather than buying a new phone why dont you spend 2.5k and get your battery replaced you will save a lot of moolah :)
Haha..yes thought about that. But that would work only if the new battery would last enough. But this phone's full capacity battery hasn't been good enough either and offices are open to open. So i need to travel. Btw battery I will anyway get replaced under the applecare protection plan.

sad part is every one loves their oxygen os but it will be replaced by colour os which is used by oppo.I been using oneplus from one to 8 pro and i have all phones with me what i love most is the alert slider which is unique and oxygen os but after hearing this message i got so sad every company will do the same only money matters.since BBK ELECTRONIS IS PARENT COMPANY FOR OPPO,VIVO,ONEPLUS :(:(:(
Like others have pointed out above. What they got from Hasselblad - They call it "color science". Honestly speaking it is more like they got the Hasselblad name on the back panel.
No professional photographer or Videogropher will use mobile phone to record their project its just marketing and i found my 8 PRO is very good in photography and video i wont upgrade and waste my hard earned money

Back