Online Sites Delivering to India and Related Issues

soggy316 said:
I recently ordered 2x1 GB DDR2 patriot sticks from MemoryC.com, i opted for registered post (cmon' 10 euros shipping proved to be too tempting for me)

I has been 2 weeks since i ordered.

Don't worry... It takes 4-6 weeks for the package to be delivered... :eek:hyeah:

Mine arrived nearly a month after I ordered (same 10 Euros shipping)

Hi Mates,

If This Thread Means List Of Websites Selling Online In India ,Please Add My Website ,Just started It Last Sunday .Updated Everyday From 9pm to 12 pm

Computer Shop Name :Lynx-The Electronic Superstore

URL : Lynx-The Electronic Superstore

We Sell Other Stuff Then Computers Too

Gaurish said:
Anyone Please Throw some light on how get your items cleared by any means & with least Duties

I have 5 years of experience with customs people from 2002-2007, I imported from US, UK and some other countries through ebay.com, my ebay id is srini1973. Most of the times 80-90% I use only speedpost, I am basically from chennai, so when importing through speedpost we can track online and estimate time of shipping from US to India to reach customs is around 7 days time, after that you will receive 2 letters asking to provide the necessary documents like invoice, IEC code and etc.
The procedure of shipment upto receipt will be like this, first it will reach speedpost in local branch, then it will goes to foreign post, they will detain the parcel and assign a local 6 digit number and send it to customs for duty assignment, after clearance produced by us, customs officer will put duty around 36% and it will goes back to foreign post, speed post, local post office, all these normally takes around 1 month time, if you regularly wait.
Normally what I will do is once its around 7 days shipped, I will call speedpost and ask them a parcel is coming from US, was it came to India providing tracking number they can chase it, if yes then I will call foreign post asking the same, if number assigned then I will ask them for local number, they will provide it, then I will prepare the documents and directly go to customs officer and produce the documents, with this process it will take 10 days for receiving the product after the item is shipped(pay 500Rs. to customs officer).
But for courier its nothing to be done, it will cleared by overnight when it arrives in mumbai or delhi and within 2 days of arriving in India you can get the parcel with duty assigned, in some cases they will detain and ask for documents(possibility of 10%).
Sorry for the long post.

very informative .. exactly what i was searching for when i reached TC actually ...

btw can anyone give any information about how much duty will apply on used computer parts ... ie if a freind is seniding u some comp parts that have been opened and used for some time in the:hap2: us before being shipped into india by USPS....thank u.

Hmmm im not sure if this is going to help or not but this is what i do. Any parcel that i order online, i ask them to quote the price to be below 100 usd and request them to mark it as a gift. And secondly i dont use "box" containers to deliver, an envelope is what i request for aswell.

And thats it. I have been recieving all my orders without any issues. There was this one time that my order got held up at customs, and that was when i learned my lesson and started to get indepth with this. For items which are over 100 usd ask the person sending it over to mark it as a "sample" or something like that. That should get it cleared. (im not sure about the actual name or the value allowed).

Going through the bluedart website it states that gift itms can be imported which has a value less than 10K INR ; but customs website states that it is 100USD so im not sure but i play it safe ~ ~

Powderburn said:
very informative .. exactly what i was searching for when i reached TC actually ...

btw can anyone give any information about how much duty will apply on used computer parts ... ie if a freind is seniding u some comp parts that have been opened and used for some time in the:hap2: us before being shipped into india by USPS....thank u.

36% that is inclusive of landing duty, import duty, landing charges, insurance.

I had bought quite a few stuff from DealExtreme.com and they are very cool.
it took around 4-5 weeks for the shipment, but they ship all items for free.

^^^
If it is taking so much time that may be due to indian postal service:bleh:

dealextreme rocks

I got three of my shipments in 13 days flat.:D

And their rma policy is also superb got a replacement for 2 items without sending the original item in 8 days flat.:D

There is another site if you guys are interested. They have quite a few good products.

Brando

I picked this up-

Aircraft mouse

Takes a standard $3 shipping charge for anywhere in the world. The rodent cost me $20 shipped. And please don't give me better options, I had spare $20 in my paypal :p

can some one throw light on getting used electronic items form Ebay.com(USA)....

in connection with how they(power sellers) describe the product and pics about the products??(means is the received product as described on the listing)

is it safe in getting used items..??:)

has anyone got any used item form Ebay.com???

Back