Online Sites Delivering to India and Related Issues

adityamunshi said:
Dealextreme (paypal) wont accept my HDFC credit card. What should i do ?

While paying thru paypal, check the option (BILL IN SELLER's CURRENCY)
your transaction will be approved immediately.

That is because paypal is not a verified by visa site and for paying in Indian currency, the site should be a verified by visa compatible website.
its a regulation by Govt. of India from 1st Aug 09 i guess.

It worked, thanks. :D

spawnfreak said:
While paying thru paypal, check the option (BILL IN SELLER's CURRENCY)
your transaction will be approved immediately.

That is because paypal is not a verified by visa site and for paying in Indian currency, the site should be a verified by visa compatible website.
its a regulation by Govt. of India from 1st Aug 09 i guess.

adityamunshi said:
It worked, thanks. :D

another option to pay in indian currency is to generate the netsafe card for equivalent value using your hdfc debit card. Netsafe or any other VCC are also exempted from RBI regulation of verified by visa.

I have ordered a watch from Dealextreme on 26th Nov 2009 under free shipping & I am still waiting for the watch. Is this delivery time normal....??

irfanlai said:
I have ordered a watch from Dealextreme on 26th Nov 2009 under free shipping & I am still waiting for the watch. Is this delivery time normal....??

Yeah, it takes lot of time. about 3-6weeks to reach you, if you are worried then you should contact your local FPO(Foreign post office).

kekada said:
another option to pay in indian currency is to generate the netsafe card for equivalent value using your hdfc debit card. Netsafe or any other VCC are also exempted from RBI regulation of verified by visa.
could you please explain this a bit? thank you in advance

some more
www.suntekstore.com :)

copy pasted from net , alternatives to DX :)

1. FocalPrice
http://www.focalprice.com

FocalPrice.com offers consumer electronics, computer accessories, video games, iPod & iPhone accessories, flashlight and communications products. They are usually in stock, often cheaper and ships faster than DX. Only con is their selection of goods is somewhat limited compared to DX.
Editors' Choice

In terms of speed, prices, stock and reputation FocalPrice is the best alternative to DealExtreme.
2. KaiDomain
http://www.kaidomain.com/

They used to be part of the same company until they separated and formed DX and KaiDomain. They obviously have the same suppliers, hence the similarity in products. Web interface is very similar to Amazon.com. Prices and service quality is very well.
3. DinoDirect
DinoDirect.com - Online Huge Store For Your Needs With Free Shipping

Really good web site. Claims to be cheaper than DX and has a nice varitery of goods. They regularly post videos of the products and have a live support system. One thing I noticed is that some comments on the product pages seems a bit, uhm... let's say.. home-made. But that is solely my opinion.
4. TomTop
Electronics Wholesaler - China Wholesale - Game Accessories

Follows the same design principles as DX ;) Impressive selection of goods. Reasonable price. Ships fast.
5. Quality China Goods
Flashlights, Batteries and more - Quality China Goods

Their web design takes me back to 90's. Terrible navigation. Other than that, variety of products and prices are very well. Accepts PayPal. Ships in reasonable time.
6. LED Shoppe
http://www.ledshoppe.com

Horrific web design, makes my retina ache. Mostly LED and DIY electronics stuff. Really nice selection of goods. Excellent prices.
7. Gadget Asia
Home*-*Gadget Asia

Mostly Games, iPhone stuff, Memory and Media Players. Nice Website with very good support and navigation. Accepts PayPal.

Just thought I would provide a update to all the folks here about my experience with Borderlinx, a site that allows you to buy what you want from the USA and have it shipped to your home, duty paid and customs cleared.

Borderlinx

The transaction with Borderlinx went off very well. The prices and duty were extremely close to the projections on their website calculator, the multiple items got shipped together as one by DHL when I asked them to and it arrived in one piece on the 4th day. I in fact ordered a camera lens and did not have much hope, but it arrived in flawless condition.

Few tips, make sure you budle items together for shipment. The shiiping charges and the duty comes down significantly as more items are added. I paid about $37 in shipping and duty for items worth $80 (Heavily discounted purchases, actual value before clearance was over $200).

So highly recommended, just need a Citibank credit card to proceed !

Hello folks!
I'm having a small doubt. I wanted to buy an Alarm Clock/Radio and so I started an IC here

I bought one for my brother and it's working fine till now. But now, I came across the Fiio S5, which seems to be a good alternative for this. So, I thought of purchasing it online and found this on DealExtreme.

Is it a reliable one? How many days will it take to deliver to India?

Please pour in your suggestions. :)

Thanks a lot.

prasanna29 said:
Hello folks!
I'm having a small doubt. I wanted to buy an Alarm Clock/Radio and so I started an IC here

I bought one for my brother and it's working fine till now. But now, I came across the Fiio S5, which seems to be a good alternative for this. So, I thought of purchasing it online and found this on DealExtreme.

Is it a reliable one? How many days will it take to deliver to India?

Please pour in your suggestions. :)

Thanks a lot.

I've seen the S5 in one of Amarbir's thread. Now, you know what to do:p

Back