Online Sites Delivering to India and Related Issues

Today I have received my battery.... It took only 9 days to deliver it...
No custom hassle and all... It was through registered china post.

The battery quality is very good... Looks like a genuine one.... :D
Also the seller sent me a nice keyring(Official Mascots of the Beijing 2008 Olympics) in the parcel. :hap2:

On ebay.in I was gettin a replacement(duplicate) battery for INR 1200/=, Genuine for INR 1800/= while It was INR 378/= (Shipped) :clap:
yasirimteyaz said:
did anyone make a purchase on ebay.com(not global easy buy) with international shipping??..
I placed a bid for GENUINE OLYMPUS LI-42B BATTERY ORIGINAL for IR-700 - eBay (item 180458940169 end time Jan-26-10 20:25:55 PST)....
...and now I am confused about the custom duties and shipping!!...

does anyone have any idea??....

Is it really getting late to receive your orders from Abroad. I am waiting for 3 of my orders 1 from china,1 from ebay US,1 from focalprice almost from a month.

Is something wrong with my order? Can some one please provide some info?

hey guys try USA Address & Mail Forwarding. its gives an address to ship to in the US and various shipping options from US to here including USPS, Fedex. it can ship ram for as low as 10 dollars to india.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sumit.sol said:
anyone knows how much this will cost to ship in India-http://www.nextwarehouse.com/item/?641633_p3g

shipping will cost around 42 dollars minimum excluding customs

For Mini-itx needs, there is Panache.

I had ordered D945GCLF2 from them last May and was delivered in good packaging and on time.

However recently I ordered storage box which is a Morex 6600 cabinet. It's a month late and no one replies to my mails. Not so recommended unless you stay in Mumbai. (It's located somewhere in Ghatkopar area)

BTW, I was wondering if anyone knows someone in their Sales dept.

Guys try Aliexpress for laptop parts and accessories. They accept paypal. Have already ordered 2 laptop batteries and got them. Now ordered 2 more.

Just bumping this thread to share my positive experience with 20North.com!

1. Ordered this product on 12/5/2011, for 2.75K (great deal considering the MRP).

2. Received an invoice with add. details and info. about the 20North Guarantee via email.

3. Received regular updates via SMS & E-Mail about the order status! The website is pretty informative too.

4. Received the case earlier today (via ARAMEX). Perfect packaging and the case is just sweet! :D

After the order was received, it took only 10 days to ship the product from the US supplier to me, while keeping me well informed about the order status. There was absolutely no reason for concern or the need to contact CS. There is a slight premium involved, but that's a trade off for the pleasant experience and the convenience of getting things from the US. In this case, I had no other option but to import the product, after a failed attempt through this site.

Will definitely make use of their services again.

Cheers,
T.T.M

Hello, everyone,

How would I tell if something I ordered has been stuck at customs? Will I be contacted or do I have to check with them somewhere? I have no problem paying whatever duty they think up. It's just that I can't tell where my package is. The thing is that I've bought loads of cheap stuff from ebay and it comes through quickly, but this time when I tried to buy myself one of those 808 mini-cameras (to stick on my bicycle), it hasn't showed up despite all efforts between me and the seller. Any advice?

Regards,

Roshan

arjie said:
Hello, everyone,

How would I tell if something I ordered has been stuck at customs? Will I be contacted or do I have to check with them somewhere? I have no problem paying whatever duty they think up. It's just that I can't tell where my package is. The thing is that I've bought loads of cheap stuff from ebay and it comes through quickly, but this time when I tried to buy myself one of those 808 mini-cameras (to stick on my bicycle), it hasn't showed up despite all efforts between me and the seller. Any advice?

Regards,

Roshan
Err...through which logistics company has he shipped the product to you? Did you not receive a tracking number for the shipment?

Both these details are sufficient to look up the exact status of the shipment on the company's website and if necessary, probe further for details.

I used DealExtreme to get Photofast 5400 Adapter & they didn't gave me tracking no. citing the order was less than $15. Even after contacting them they told me that if I do not receive it in 8 weeks then only contact customer care...

HailStonE said:
I used DealExtreme to get Photofast 5400 Adapter & they didn't gave me tracking no. citing the order was less than $15. Even after contacting them they told me that if I do not receive it in 8 weeks then only contact customer care...
Well, that's clearly mentioned on their website. If you need tracking , you got to choose registered airmail. This is a default option for products over 20$. All you can do now is wait. :-(

thetoxicmind said:
Well, that's clearly mentioned on their website. If you need tracking , you got to choose registered airmail. This is a default option for products over 20$. All you can do now is wait. :-(
They have changed it... There was no other option. Now its automatic... they provide tracking if the value is +$15 & EMS for min order of $30... I just hope it reaches me otherwise its 150 bucks gone... :(

I had ordered a m11x from the US via ebay.in which was suppose to come via FexEx it got stuck in customs and after repeated calls and even a visit, they are at last sending it back to the return address off course they are taking some shipping charge from me but its ok i will get my refund when it reached the seller.

The shipping will be done via Indian postal services... no other choice :(

HailStonE said:
They have changed it... There was no other option. Now its automatic... they provide tracking if the value is +$15 & EMS for min order of $30... I just hope it reaches me otherwise its 150 bucks gone... :(
How long have you had to wait, once the Status changed to Shipped? If it's in transit, you might want to check with your local post office regularly.

Secondly, like I mentioned earlier, you do have the option of receiving a tracking number for orders below $15, by paying an additional $1.70 for it. However, this is only good till it reaches India, after which you can't track sh1t using the India Post website.

thetoxicmind said:
How long have you had to wait, once the Status changed to Shipped? If it's in transit, you might want to check with your local post office regularly.

Secondly, like I mentioned earlier, you do have the option of receiving a tracking number for orders below $15, by paying an additional $1.70 for it. However, this is only good till it reaches India, after which you can't track sh1t using the India Post website.
I checked before ordering & there was no option for that additional charge hence I went through with it... its shipped on 14th May 2011.. What should be done at the local post office.. I presume it will be in an envelope & not a box.

Back