Online Sites Delivering to India and Related Issues

does anyone have shopping experience om saholic.com ? I want to know as they have a good deal on SE Xperia Arc S
<

_

does anyone have shopping experience om saholic.com ? I want to know as they have a good deal on SE Xperia Arc S
<

Any reviews for saholic.com? Have seen many ad banners on TE itself.

Some members have received phones from saholic in the past and apart from that there are many hidden saholic employees on TE, just post some thread in mobile section with saholic etc.. as heading and they will jump out
<

Some members have received phones from saholic in the past and apart from that there are many hidden saholic employees on TE, just post some thread in mobile section with saholic etc.. as heading and they will jump out
<

Thats good to know, or rather beware of...
<

I recently bought a laptop off eBay.com and shipped it to Mumbai via USPS Express.

The parcel was sent to Customs Office next to Santacruz Domestic Airport. I went there and had a meeting with the Deputy Commissioner of Customs. A very nice person and impressive personality. He explained to me the current Customs rules on imports via post.

Anything above Rs.2,000/- (item + shipping) is considered high value. Individuals are not permitted to import high value items by post. So when such a parcel arrives, it is detained and show-cause notice is sent to the individual. A flat duty of ~41% is levied on item value + shipping cost + 2% of both. This can be reduced to a minimum of ~14% (depending on category of item) by writing a application seeking a lenient view on duty being levied as the item is for personal use.

However, the worst part is that since an individual has violated Customs Rules by importing a high value item by post, a compulsory penalty has to be paid. This penalty has two components, viz. Customs and Personal. Customs penalty is at the descrition of DC, but has to be minimum of Rs.5,000/-, no matter what the value of the item be. Personal penalty is Rs.2,000/-.

So, no matter what the case be, you end-up paying minimum Rs.7,000/- as penalty + 14% duty!

However, if you have an import lisence, then the penalty and flat 41% duty does not apply.

So as per rules, personal imports are a NO-GO unless under Rs.2,000/-, in which case NO DUTY/PENALTY is levied.

I have bought a pair of Meelectronics M6 for 1.7k via USPS priority shipping on Feb2012 and have still not recieved them even after asking to resent the item.

So I would say better buy locally and avoid buying from Outside India especially via simple post as chances are most of the time you will be screwed for your hard earned money....

p>S:I know people have had better experiences and got lucky but I wanted to inform that their is a high chance that one might not see the product even after paying the money

I recently bought a laptop off eBay.com and shipped it to Mumbai via USPS Express.

The parcel was sent to Customs Office next to Santacruz Domestic Airport. I went there and had a meeting with the Deputy Commissioner of Customs. A very nice person and impressive personality. He explained to me the current Customs rules on imports via post.

Anything above Rs.2,000/- (item + shipping) is considered high value. Individuals are not permitted to import high value items by post. So when such a parcel arrives, it is detained and show-cause notice is sent to the individual. A flat duty of ~41% is levied on item value + shipping cost + 2% of both. This can be reduced to a minimum of ~14% (depending on category of item) by writing a application seeking a lenient view on duty being levied as the item is for personal use.

However, the worst part is that since an individual has violated Customs Rules by importing a high value item by post, a compulsory penalty has to be paid. This penalty has two components, viz. Customs and Personal. Customs penalty is at the descrition of DC, but has to be minimum of Rs.5,000/-, no matter what the value of the item be. Personal penalty is Rs.2,000/-.

So, no matter what the case be, you end-up paying minimum Rs.7,000/- as penalty + 14% duty!

However, if you have an import lisence, then the penalty and flat 41% duty does not apply.

So as per rules, personal imports are a NO-GO unless under Rs.2,000/-, in which case NO DUTY/PENALTY is levied.

Looks like bad Deputy Commissioner , SNS informed us that he is not allowing to clear the customs with the invoice value , he has passed order that it should get cleared according to New Indian market price . We are getting ended up with high custom duty
<

thanks for the information mate, that was really helpful
<

^ when you get an item through SNS, what is the duty structure that gets applied?

is the item improted on your personal name? our is it on the name of SNS (in which case duty should be much lesser)?

^ The rate at actuals is applied.

The rules when sending it through express courier like SnS seems different from sending it by post.

^ when you get an item through SNS, what is the duty structure that gets applied?

is the item improted on your personal name? our is it on the name of SNS (in which case duty should be much lesser)?

yes it is imported and cleared in our names only , SNS is nothing but agent .....................

^ but what is the duty structure which gets applied? the penalty stuff or actualy duty?

as far as i remember, the DC was specifically mentioning post...... and he never said courier..... so there might be a good chance of getting stuff by courier.

can some knowledgeable member clarify on this?

Ordering From Amazon.com!

I am planning to get a Mechanical keyboard and Graphic Card from Amazon. I have searched alot but cant seem to find any site which ships Filco keyboards internationally so i have opted for Das and apparently it is listed on Amazon. The Das keyboard costs 132$ which is Rs 7283 and the Graphic Card being $ 440 that is 24277. I want to know how much would the customs duty be for these items? I have listed the links below. Any information regarding this would be really helpful. Thank you!

http://www.amazon.com/Das-Keyboard-...866&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=mechaniacl+keyboard

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Rade...3?ie=UTF8&qid=1342715598&sr=8-3&keywords=7970

Hi Guys,

One of my friend is coming from US next month. I want him to bring brand new Galaxy Nexus phone with him.

How can he bring phone without paying custom ?

Also if he ship same phone with any international courier, do custom will be charged ?

On which price & how much ??

Thanks in advance !!

Back