Online Sites Delivering to India and Related Issues

Hi Guys,

One of my friend is coming from US next month. I want him to bring brand new Galaxy Nexus phone with him.

How can he bring phone without paying custom ?

Also if he ship same phone with any international courier, do custom will be charged ?

On which price & how much ??

Thanks in advance !!
simple put box in bag and mobile in pocket volla but if he send it through courier then custom might be charged if it caught

how do i tackle this situation ?
I asked shopabroad to purchase an item on 20th July, which I paid promptly as soon as I got the invoice. But the seller shipped the wrong item and it was sent back. Till date i havent got my item nor my refund.

Payment Received for: Order 800192xxxx
Dear Chetan Shah,

Your payment of Rs. 6,419 has been received for order request number:

how do i tackle this situation ?
I asked shopabroad to purchase an item on 20th July, which I paid promptly as soon as I got the invoice. But the seller shipped the wrong item and it was sent back. Till date i havent got my item nor my refund.

Payment Received for: Order 800192xxxx
Dear Chetan Shah,

Your payment of Rs. 6,419 has been received for order request number:

Getting a refund from them for an item they couldn't purchase is itself a nightmare (took them 30 days to refund mine) I wonder how it will be for your case. Keep pestering them, send mails, call them.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but this might serve as a good reference:

pebPF4B.jpg

When ordering from Amazon is there a way to know the exact custom duty that was charged?
I want to cross check if it was really equal to the Import Deposit.

When ordering from Amazon is there a way to know the exact custom duty that was charged?
I want to cross check if it was really equal to the Import Deposit.

The exact duty amount can only be found after the order has been delivered, not at the time of the order. You will have to call the courier company and ask them to provide the receipt of duty paid or the Customs Bill of Entry which will show the amount of duty paid for your shipment.

The exact duty amount can only be found after the order has been delivered, not at the time of the order. You will have to call the courier company and ask them to provide the receipt of duty paid or the Customs Bill of Entry which will show the amount of duty paid for your shipment.
I was trying to get the exact import duty charged for a product already delivered, Amazon support just quoted the exact same amount which was charged as Import Duty Fee in the order.
So looks like contacting the courier company the only way to verify it.

I was trying to get the exact import duty charged for a product already delivered, Amazon support just quoted the exact same amount which was charged as Import Duty Fee in the order.
So looks like contacting the courier company the only way to verify it.

Sometimes that is right, I got a $500 package through DHL and the duty amount charged at the time of order was exactly the same as the amount in the Bill of Entry.

Ask specifically for the bill of entry as it will have all the details.

I'm ordering a couple of products from a Chinese site. Shipping is through registered China mail with tracking (EMS option is more expensive than product itself). Site itself is reliable but I want to know what are risks associated with China mail. Is there a high chance of parcel being lost or stolen once it enters India? Is there a way to track once it reaches India? Also, if there are any custom I understand it'll be collected by postman along with delivery. Lastly, is it safer to give an address in metro instead of smaller city or it doesn't make that much of a difference.

Thanks

Guys, can anyone help me to find an online store selling accessories like belts, wallets of Luxury brands Hugo Boss, Armani, Tommy etc?

Story is that Google has now delivered the Nexus5 so late at the friend's US address in Columbia, SC.
Where to check that hopshopgo is there or they can pickup the package ?
I want to go by no-hiccup route, let me know !!

I have a few items lying at a relatives place in us. All stuff purchased from ebay.
1 WD ext case -no HDD. , 1 WD red HDD. One seagate nas no HDD. 1 WD media player. So whats the best option to bring them down here and duty implications ?

Back