Online Sites Delivering to India and Related Issues

Want to order an item worth $30 $40 from amazon shipped to India.
Guide please!

Go to your desired product page > Add to cart > View Cart > Checkout > Select/create shipping address > Select/set up payment method > Choose desired shipping method > Place order.

Go to your desired product page > Add to cart > View Cart > Checkout > Select/create shipping address > Select/set up payment method > Choose desired shipping method > Place order.
I thought that we have to use 3rd party shipping orgs. thats why I got a bit confused.
err? How do i enter my mobile no.? Tried with +91 but still dont work. The damn thing works with "0" and not "+91" which is usually used internationally.
Any one with any promo/discount coupon code?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Ishop came up with 50% off on International Shipping, - BUT stupid ABCDXYXZ will kill you in handling, customs etc. I made a quote for a 85$ HDD,
Item cost : 5700
Shipping: 350
Customs. clearance, etc: 1750

total : 7800

@Mr India
I recieved this mail from PPOBOX

Herein please find important updates to the PPO service and official compliance requirements. Certain requirements are made for customs clearance & security and KYC compliance.

It is really important that these processes are followed for the timely delivery of your shipments.
We thank you for your cooperation in advance and wish you a wonderful New Year 2014!

Photo ID Proof

62b828aee6e042e2a576f83c4df99423.jpg?d=1388421962917&logical=id_cards_front.jpg

For official purposes all customers are required to provide PPOBOX.com with their identity proof. This can be in the form of driver's licence, PAN card, passport, etc.

Please send a photo copy or scan of your id to kyc@ppobox.com

Account holders not sending their ID proof will be discontinued.

****The ID proof is required immediately for all customs clearance. For those customers with packages currently in transit we require your photo id in the next 24 hours for timely clearance of your shipments.

Original Invoice Copy

85420dbb3a6a48e58b1e62b06f7b0999.jpg?d=1388422722282&logical=profittrain-invoice.jpg

Henceforth all packages are required to have the original invoice in the package for customs clearance and value verification. Since some shippers / sellers may not include the invoice in the package, please email a copy of your purchase invoice to invoices@ppobox.com
Please include the package id in the subject line. The invoice copy must be received by us as soon as possible to avoid clearance delays.

***Customers who currently have packages in transit must submit their invoice copies within the next 24 hrs for timely clearance of shipments.

Once again, thanks in advance for your cooperation and
Happy New Year 2014!

PPOBOX facebook page says that they no longer accept mobile phones for shipment.

What about the package which are already in-transit?

Looks like comgateway/hopshopgo are best alternatives. Haven't tried SnS.

PPOBOX ki ...... see this guys. i saw it on some other forum

Hi,

This is to let you know that your shipment has been detained by customs and it needs to be cleared by any CHA agent. If you have your own CHA agent then please let us know and we will submit all the relevant documents to your agent. If you do not have then we will provide you with a CHA agent and you can speak with him in getting item cleared. After it is cleared we will ship it to you. You only need to pay us the shipping charges and all charges related to custom you need to directly deal and pay to CHA agent. PPObox will not be involved.

So kindly sent us a mail with content below.

I hereby authorize M/S ICC World Wide to hand over my shipment to CHA agent Sanjay who will do the clearance on my behalf.

Your sincerely

Name :
PPO account :

Regards,
PPOBOX

This is sent for a phone bought for $220 ~ Rs. 14196, in customs since a fortnight. Spoke to Sanjay who calculated some Rs. 12000 (5000 as fine and 7000 as import duty) for clearance. Invoice, bank statement and identity was provided to them.

PPOBOX ki ...... see this guys. i saw it on some other forum

Hi,

This is to let you know that your shipment has been detained by customs and it needs to be cleared by any CHA agent. If you have your own CHA agent then please let us know and we will submit all the relevant documents to your agent. If you do not have then we will provide you with a CHA agent and you can speak with him in getting item cleared. After it is cleared we will ship it to you. You only need to pay us the shipping charges and all charges related to custom you need to directly deal and pay to CHA agent. PPObox will not be involved.

So kindly sent us a mail with content below.

I hereby authorize M/S ICC World Wide to hand over my shipment to CHA agent Sanjay who will do the clearance on my behalf.

Your sincerely

Name :
PPO account :

Regards,
PPOBOX

This is sent for a phone bought for $220 ~ Rs. 14196, in customs since a fortnight. Spoke to Sanjay who calculated some Rs. 12000 (5000 as fine and 7000 as import duty) for clearance. Invoice, bank statement and identity was provided to them.

When did this happen. 2 of my packages got cleared this week itself with normal duty being charged.

When did this happen. 2 of my packages got cleared this week itself with normal duty being charged.

I guess today, looks like some importers under valuing their imports is harming many of us.
Or a cartel of importers trying to squeeze out smaller importers

I received the same mail that my package has been detained and needs a CHA to get cleared.
This package along with 2 others had been sitting with them since 27th December. The other 2 were cleared, so I have asked them via email the reason behind this package being detained. Looks like time to jump ship to SNS if they don't resolve this matter for me.

Anyone who can buy and bring a book for me from Amazon?
The seller is not shipping it to India. Told my brother to buy it from Chile but same. No shipping even there.
Book is worth 2 USD and shipping 3.99 USD

Guys ..... anyidea how much actual customs duty on HDD ? I got an HDD for 5800/- customs charged was 950/- or 17% !!!!! wasnt Int HDD customs lower ???

Guys ..... anyidea how much actual customs duty on HDD ? I got an HDD for 5800/- customs charged was 950/- or 17% !!!!! wasnt Int HDD customs lower ???

It is right.Customs is 16.8% for computer parts. Sometimes it makes me wonder how Amazon get charged so less.

Amazon.com .9K each. Planning to sell them off actually - they are just sitting there in sealed boxes. Damn impulse black friday buying.:arghh:

Back