Online Sites Delivering to India and Related Issues

+1 for mp4nation - I recd my headphones and amp... in 15 days flat... well packed and shipped with all formalities completed from their end.

Guys I have a doubt. In the Indian Customs site they say gifts from a person residing abroad upto a value of Rs.5000 excluding the freight & postal charges is exempted from customs duty.

So if i order a $10 item from DealExtreme, will I be charged customs duty ? I can do the shopping in my friend's name who is in USA.

Source - import of gifts

I ordered a cell phone from eBay US about a month ago. I received a letter from Customs a week back. I went to B'lore and presented the mentioned documents. The customs officer said duties will be applied and the package will be delivered to my address. Now waiting for the shipment to reach.

cyanide911 said:
All products are overpriced at 20North by 2-3k.

u might find some price difference ........
cozz all the item u ordered r comming from usa ......
try buying an item not available in india .....

i ordered 4 items .. from 20north nearly around 30K ...

great place for rare items .....

their service is great :hap2::hap2::hap2::hap2:

deltasquare4 said:
I ordered a cell phone from eBay US about a month ago. I received a letter from Customs a week back. I went to B'lore and presented the mentioned documents. The customs officer said duties will be applied and the package will be delivered to my address. Now waiting for the shipment to reach.

Can you give more information?
Whats the model, price of the phone?
How much you paid customs? What are requirements to be taken care before purchasing/meeting customs officer?
Thanks

I imported many items mostly bike parts and once it lands to India our customs guys inspects the item and if its eligible for duty they charge the same and deliver it to your nearest post office, after that you'll get notification from post office and you have to personally visit them pay the duty and take your stuff, now customs department is very efficient in Bangalore.
Earlier i use to pay bribe on cost of the stuff, minimum 500 bucks.

Guys I have an issue with DealExtreme.

I ordered 4 items from DealExtreme on the 16th of September. All those items are still listed "Waiting for supplier" as of today, the 12th of October.

Now I am in a slight fix, as I can easily get all those same items from ebay.com, at just about the same cost. So what should I do now?

Should I wait for the DE Gods to bestow their mercy on me, or should I go ahead and cancel the order?

If I do cancel the order, will they refund the money back into my Paypal account, or will they give me store credit (which obviously I don't want)? How long will the cancellation process take?

Anyone with any such experience, please help me out here!

Regards

Back