Only Acer Laptop required!!

okay ill do that.. I'll give them a visit tomorrow and let you know my thoughts on the models available.. Cheers!

RS4 said:
you can go for acer 5745 at 32k and also have a look at acer timelinex 4820 series when you go to acer store.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

okay so i got the acer 5745 without paying anything extra.. core i5 460m, 2gb, 500gb but NOW! even in this laptop there is an issue.. the right speaker does not work!! beat that!

So can anyone tell me how gateway is? I'll be going for yet another replacement tomorrow..

I'm looking at this particular model - Gateway NV59C-512MB..

The specs are-

Processor: Intel Coreâ„¢ i3-350M Processor1

(2.26GHz, 3MB L3 cache, 35W), supporting Intel 64 architecture, Intel Smart Cache

Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit2

Display: 15.6" HD Ultrabright TFT LCD supporting simultaneous multiwindow viewing

1366 x 768 resolution; high brightness (220 nits); 16:9 aspect ratio; 8ms response time3

Chipset: Mobile Intel HM55 Express

Memory: 3GB DDR34

Expandable to 8GB using 2 soDIMM modules

Hard Drive: 320GB 5400rpm SATA5

Color: Black, blue, red, silver

Optical Drive: 8x DVD-SuperMulti double-layer (DL) drive

Read max: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-ROM DL, 6X DVD-R DL, 6X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 6X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM

Write max: 8x DVD±R, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+RW, 2x DVD-R DL, 2.4x DVD+R DL, 5x DVD-RAM, 24x CD-R and 16x CD-RW

Media Reader: Multi-in-1 card reader, supporting:

Secure Digitalâ„¢ (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stickâ„¢ (MS, MS Pro), xD-Picture Cardâ„¢ (xD)6

Video: ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5470 with up to 3579MB of HyperMemoryâ„¢ (512MB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM, up to 3067MB of shared system memory)4

Audio: High-definition audio support

Two built-in stereo speakers

MS Sound compatible

Built-in microphone

Network: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready

802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Certifiedâ„¢

Bluetooth® 3.0 + HS7

Pointing Device: Multigesture touchpad supporting two-finger:

- Scroll

- Pinch

- Rotate

- Flip

Webcam: Integrated hi-def with 1280 x 1024 resolution

Ports/Other: 3 USB 2.0

1 HDMIâ„¢ with HDCP support

1 VGA (external display)

1 RJ-45 LAN (Ethernet)

1 headphone/speaker/line-out jack

1 microphone-in jack

1 DC-in jack for AC adapter

Dimensions: 31/34.14mm H x 381mm W x 253mm D (1.22"/1.34" x 15" x 9.96")

Weight: 2.6kg (5.72lbs.) (system unit only)

Battery: 6-cell lithium ion

Warranty: 1-year international traveller's limited warranty

What do you people say?

^^ The specs look good and also the gateway laptops have much better looks than an acer BUT acer owns gateway and acer will provide the warranty and service for gateway laptops in india :p However you can try this gateway model as you seem to have bad luck with acer laptops,so may be this gateway laptop will work for you as it has decent specs,better build quality and looks.Check out a review of the Gateway NV59C:

Gateway NV59C Review < Mainstream Laptops Review, Price, Features, Specs, User Opinions < PC World India Reviews< PCWorld.in

Do you think it is wise if i ask them for 5745g or 4820tg or perhaps the gateway 59c (nvidia m320gt 1gb) model?
I am being exploited by them you know :p

2kool2btrue said:
Do you think it is wise if i ask them for 5745g or 4820tg or perhaps the gateway 59c (nvidia m320gt 1gb) model?

I am being exploited by them you know :p
Try to get any of the above mentioned laptops, i think they may consider your case as you are on your third or fourth laptop in two months!

well.. They didn't.. They asked fr an additional 10k if i needed 5745g.. Somehow, i didn't want to argue anymore so i got the same model again.. 5745 - i5 460, 2gb, 500gb.. 1yr xtended warranty costs 999rs and 2yrs costs 3000.. Is it advisable to go fr it? And how much is tata photon + available in the market for? They are offering it fr 750 rs.
And yes, thank you for all your help.. :)

2kool2btrue said:
well.. They didn't.. They asked fr an additional 10k if i needed 5745g.. Somehow, i didn't want to argue anymore so i got the same model again.. 5745 - i5 460, 2gb, 500gb.. 1yr xtended warranty costs 999rs and 2yrs costs 3000.. Is it advisable to go fr it? And how much is tata photon + available in the market for? They are offering it fr 750 rs.
And yes, thank you for all your help.. :)
Let it be you have a laptop with decent specs. Definitely go for a 2yrs extended warranty as you have already replaced 2 or 3 laptops in just 2 months:p
And also out of warranty repairs for any major part will easily cross rs 3000 mark.
Tata photon plus doesnt have unlimited download option and even the limited data usage options are very expensive,check out the tarrifs:

TATA Photon+ Usb Modem

Yes,with extended warranty that cheap (3k is pretty good for 2 years extension)it is a good buy.Hope you are lucky this time.

yeah! 3 days and its working nicely now!

btw I want to sell this off since an uncle can get me a dell from overseas.. where should i post this info?

^^^ Not on this forum atleast :p

Put it on ebay and dont mention about your horror story there and also use a different handle on ebay 2kool2btrue is 2uncommon2notbetrackeddown2TE :p

2kool2btrue said:
yeah! 3 days and its working nicely now!

btw I want to sell this off since an uncle can get me a dell from overseas.. where should i post this info?
If you didnt want this laptop then you could have asked them for a refund when you went there last time, i dont think anyone will pay more than 30k for this laptop now as its out of box now and your bill date must be of 2months back of the original laptop.

well no! the billing date is 25 september 2010! the replacement was done after a good 11 months!! i did ask for a refund but it was not meant to be.. The warrantyt starts from the 25th.. I got a new bill..
RS4 said:
If you didnt want this laptop then you could have asked them for a refund when you went there last time, i dont think anyone will pay more than 30k for this laptop now as its out of box now and your bill date must be of 2months back of the original laptop.

^^Thats good, you can easily find buyers now but dont expect anyone to pay the same price as a new one as its out of box now.

Dont take my suggestion in a wrong way, just advising so that it sells fast.

Back