Open Challenge : Who is best of India

Shripad

ex-Mod
Team Techenclave has issued open challenge to any team in India.

Its points challenge over the period of 1 month.

Starting Date : 23rd August 2007

Duration : 1 Month

Challenge type : Points

Winner gets : Well if any Indian team does accept this challenge and manages to beat us, they will get personal treat from me( for all their members who are in mumbai or ready to come to Mumbai ) in any good food joint :p

If we manage to beat some other team then same for our members :)

The most importantly, Winner gets PRIDE.

So do what you have to do in time leading upto this challenge and be ready. Get your machines up and running. :)

Link for this challenge : World Community Grid - Team Challenge Detail

If you know your friends who are part of any other team feel free to pass them this link. :)

Gentlemen ( and women ofcourse if any ) let the race begin.

To Join the Team please visit this thread : http://www.techenclave.com/forums/team-techenclave-at-wcg-90425.html

Yeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!! :jumpy:

:hap2: :clap: :muahaha:
so which teams coming? :gun2:

i wonder if there r any indian teams other than teamte on the grid? :p

^ there is THL and [E].. apart from the IBM teams..

@funky

you got quad core and MANY active crunchers! this is just not a fair competition :p

i am part of TE efforts with a humble cruncher of P4. :hap2:

atleast for a month to show rest that TE is the best i request all the internet connection holders to join the crunching.

Ank1t said:
^ there is THL and [E].. apart from the IBM teams..

@funky

you got quad core and MANY active crunchers! this is just not a fair competition :p

Lol. whos stopping any of you from getting quad. And being active is upto the members.
Here also all I can do is encourage them, make regular posts, keep it alive and kicking. Rest its upto them only. And Bulk of the scoring is done by very few members but yeah plenty of people are chipping in which is always great.

Get some of your team members off their lazy a**es and start crunching again. I know darky's silvy is down but what about others, guys with great systems are not crunching.

Maybe this will encourage them to be alive and kicking again :p
I know 1 thing. If there is will, there is way.

i'm already in!! theres no way i'm backing out of this!! :devil2:

how does the challenge work anyway? does it start only if some team accepts the challenge or does it start on the scheduled date, whether no team has joined or not?

Grat work funky!

Keep posting and bumping the WCG threads so that ppl will notice. Thats a sure way to keep ppl's intrest in WCG. Otherwise it will become just another whatpulse.

actually we already have few teams who have accepted it. Even though this challenge was intended for Indian teams some other teams have joined. No issues. There is 1 team from US who is averaging into 100,000 daily bracket. But let it be. it will be fun :p

We are at 70000 bracket as of now. We have potential to reach 100k daily to be honest :)

anyway, atleast i am not the person who is afraid of competing against bigger teams :D

Lets have some fun :)

There is the will, there is the way but there is no money to get a Quad Core CPU. :p

I'm a regular cruncher with my P4 HT setup. I'll do the best I can for Team TE. :)

Funky said:
Lol. whos stopping any of you from getting quad. And being active is upto the members.
Here also all I can do is encourage them, make regular posts, keep it alive and kicking. Rest its upto them only. And Bulk of the scoring is done by very few members but yeah plenty of people are chipping in which is always great.

Get some of your team members off their lazy a**es and start crunching again. I know darky's silvy is down but what about others, guys with great systems are not crunching.

Heh same reason as Apex said, no money sir! If i did have, don you think i'd have had Q by now :p If only..........

Yeah you'r right that many o my team members have great rigs (ANP wit the super wcooling, rio wit the x6800 etc etc) BUT they are very lazy indeed! and now that the forum is down (lazy darky n rio !), no way to get the message across to the whole team!

If we'r not in by then, then you guys have fun with the 'indian' teams :bleh:

Funky said:

This has gotten to your head man, you need a real life ;)

Ank1t said:
Yeah you'r right that many o my team members have great rigs (ANP wit the super wcooling, rio wit the x6800 etc etc) BUT they are very lazy indeed! and now that the forum is down (lazy darky n rio !), no way to get the message across to the whole team!
Hero: my life comes before my PC, THL or WCG :D

Funky said:
The most importantly, Winner gets PRIDE.

Nope, the winner gets a frickin' huge power bill from running his pc 24/7
Makes no difference to people who stay with their parents who pay the bill :) I live alone, have 11 aquariums with their assorted filters,heaters pumps etc and a download pc running 24/7 and already get a insane bill (which i have to pay from my own pocket)
so i dont crunch :)

apollyon said:
Nope, the winner gets a frickin' huge power bill from running his pc 24/7

Makes no difference to people who stay with their parents who pay the bill :) I live alone, have 11 aquariums with their assorted filters,heaters pumps etc and a download pc running 24/7 and already get a insane bill (which i have to pay from my own pocket)

so i dont crunch :)

individual preference u see....its ur wish to run assorted filters, heater pumps for your 11 aquarium, and then run pc 24/7 for download without crunching, we prefer giving the aquariums a thumb and do crunching instead....:hap2:

apollyon said:
a download pc running 24/7

that can crunch while downloading you know ;)

WCG can be run while doing anything on the pc too without any probs :)

WCG is pride for me at least :D

Damn you Funky- i should have taken your free 4300 - at least for this month.:rofl:

Someone would have lent me a mobo and ram for sure- i hope.:p

Rest i have- the remaining h/w, the will, and the money to pay the power bill.:eek:hyeah: (Daddy Zindabad)

RiO said:
This has gotten to your head man, you need a real life ;)

I have spent what I have, and I can manage my life and WCG both. I dont need to do anything here. Just install and run, what life gotta do with this?

When the time had came to stay away from PC and net and TE I have done that also in past.

TO all, I am not talking about the money here. Do your best. There are guys on this team who do not have powerful machines. But they give their time for this project. Hours and hours of it. I admire those people more. Those small small contributions are fetching team techenclave 20k points a day from users without powerful machines.

Its personal preference, I had a choice to make and I gave up my gaming for this. Sold 8800GTX and got 2nd cruncher ;)

And if you are not interested, then noone is forcing you do do anything. Why the sudden need of giving reasons for NOT CRUNCHING? ;)

I am not saying spend all the money you have.

I have given all I can to this, I pay my bills, why anyone else have to complain if I am spending my hard earned money into something that gains me nothing and does not harm you?

But yeah there are plenty of people who can crunch, but are lazy, dont care or are simply unaware. I am gonna do all I can to get those people to crunch :p

A long post wasn't necessary, you don't have to explain your self multiple times... and I don't have to explain my self at all ;) However, I meant "get a life" in the idiomatic sense, not literally... I don't see the connection between pride and crunching or having a great rig, but I do know that pride comes before a fall. Take it easy!

RiO said:
A long post wasn't necessary, you don't have to explain your self multiple times...

apparently some people do. it does not go in their head :p
its funny to see the replies here. I guess i just hit some nerves thats all. :p
Still cant understand why anyone needs to be offended or feel the sudden need of giving reasons for not crunching here :bleh:
btw thats only 9 line reply on my screen :bleh:

Back