Open Challenge : Who is best of India

RiO said:
Right, I'm jealous when I could have bought a QX6700 8 months ago instead of an X6800 heh

Funky, you need a beer man... you take this stuff way too serious :cheers:

No alcohol, cappuccino will do :bleh:

how about an irish coffee?

and competiting out of your way in this thing is like one of those mass recruiting web-based games you see where you get more powerful depending on how many people followed your referral id

Darthcoder said:
The thing that I dont understand is, is there any rocket science involved in crunching or anything??If it was like gaming or anything, then making teams and challenging each other makes sense IMO, but making teams and challenging each other for crunching??:O

I can be an 00ber cruncher, if someone could supply an yearful's supply of snacks like that gamerchamp Arun is getting, I'd CRUNCH more than anyone in the WORLD you know :D.
Points system, challenges is the only way to get some ppl to contribute- like those who get h/w just to boast of better super-pi or 3Dmks.:cool2:
Else those who are aware of WCG and crunch coz they feel for the cause are doing so already- regardless of points or not.:cool2:

Some donate to charity for goodwill, some for show off, some for kickbacks, ... .:p
Each to his own- but in the end it helps the cause anyways and that's all that matters to me.:cool2:

Hey, is it me or does the title of the thread looks wrong?

It sounds like a personal challenge to me. Should it be changed to "WCG Challenge : Whose is the best team of India"

The honest answer is someone else got something: that provoked me to get something. that caused some other people to follow the path

Disagree with this too. We all don't necessarily buy stuff because others (including you!) do. Its also not about having money. Strangely enough some of us have a lot of money, (pots of it dude), but still prefer to leave our homes and businesses and work outside for a living and eke (Google) it out on our own.

For me upgrading is something I do whenever I feel my PC isn't handling something properly. The whole chain reaction thing you've spoken of is mostly restricted to nuclear reactors in its occurence.

Look crunch if you must, or don't if you don't want to. The biggest example is me - I disagree with your facts, and your justifications (excuse me but they're crap) but I quietly crunch in office - the reason, because someone we all know personally might (just might) benefit. Its a 1.8 GHz pentium 4, 512 MB memory but still I do it, even if it slows my Quake 3 and warcraft 3 which I play after office (no rig @ home currently proccy and monitor remain :p )

Do anything to benefit mankind, even sweep streets...do it for the right reasons.

do it for the right reasons and feel good about contributing to cancer and aids research, don't do it because some monkey challenges or provokes you.

Totally agree :p

It was intended to be for a cause wasn't it?....and it still is i guess but in the midst of all the competition, the cause has been brushed aside....and its down to more computing power and points :lol:

I ride a bicycle, i don't litter the streets and i try to save as much as electricity and water as possible....thats my idea of doing good for mankind :p

Kumar said:
Hey, is it me or does the title of the thread looks wrong?

It sounds like a personal challenge to me. Should it be changed to "WCG Challenge : Whose is the best team of India"

It should be Who is the best team in India. grammar goes to hell here I guess :p

right shrey. We all do our bit in small ways...

First of all there is no personal challenges on WCG. Only challenges allowed are the team challenges. So there is no question of anything looking or feeling like personal challenge.

The challenge word is what WCG uses. If you guys feel it offensive then complain it to WCG :p

Heh.. Funky, RiO, Vandal, Vij, Bikey and everyone else involved in discussing about the WCG challenge-ing thing topic, just let it go! Look at it this way, there is something called a 'challenge' for other people/teams to participate in it if they wish to and they may do so , again, if they wish to. Now why argue over the 'challenge' system or the crunching system.

This topic, its main idea, is just to inform people about the 'challenge' and if the other teams wish to take part in such an activity, they man. If they dont, then well and good as well. Let just stay with the original topic instead of debating about folding or the concept of challenges etc..

Its just each to his own.. This is an open ended argument as everyone will have their opinion/stand on things. So let it go and continue with what this topic is originally about!

My 2 paise :) ..

lol thats what I am telling these guys.

Certain people are telling others over msn and other IM systems to come and post here just to create nuisance. They forget that some of those are also on my msn list and copy pasting their messages to me. :rofl:

The 1st post is very clear. READ THE FREAKIN FIRST LINE OF THE FREAKIN FIRST POST :p

Vandal said:
The honest answer is someone else got something: that provoked me to get something. that caused some other people to follow the path

Disagree with this too. We all don't necessarily buy stuff because others (including you!) do. Its also not about having money. Strangely enough some of us have a lot of money, (pots of it dude), but still prefer to leave our homes and businesses and work outside for a living and eke (Google) it out on our own.

For me upgrading is something I do whenever I feel my PC isn't handling something properly. The whole chain reaction thing you've spoken of is mostly restricted to nuclear reactors in its occurence.

Look crunch if you must, or don't if you don't want to. The biggest example is me - I disagree with your facts, and your justifications (excuse me but they're crap) but I quietly crunch in office - the reason, because someone we all know personally might (just might) benefit. Its a 1.8 GHz pentium 4, 512 MB memory but still I do it, even if it slows my Quake 3 and warcraft 3 which I play after office (no rig @ home currently proccy and monitor remain :p )

Do anything to benefit mankind, even sweep streets...do it for the right reasons.

errr....so what exactly was your earlier computer not able to do for which you are buying a new proccy....man stop crapping the thread and start accepting the facts....what funky said is true for almost 90% of us. Its easy to say big words than accepting the truth.

I dont know people who do not crunch what are they complaining about?????We do and we like to compete as well, if you have a problem with that please ignore this thread.:bleh:

Vandal said:

(excuse me but they're crap) but I quietly crunch in office - the reason, because someone we all know personally might (just might) benefit. Its a 1.8 GHz pentium 4, 512 MB memory but still I do it, even if it slows my Quake 3 and warcraft 3 which I play after office (no rig @ home currently proccy and monitor remain :p )

You seriously are one hell of a sacrificer...see you sacrifice your gaming experience for crunching on the computer for which you dont pay the bills, but have problem when some1 spends money to crunch for the benefit of mankind(thats the ultimate result)

thebanik said:
errr....so what exactly was your earlier computer not able to do for which you are buying a new proccy....man stop crapping the thread and start accepting the facts....what funky said is true for almost 90% of us. Its easy to say big words than accepting the truth.

I dont know people who do not crunch what are they complaining about?????We do and we like to compete as well, if you have a problem with that please ignore this thread.:bleh:

You idiot it wasn't someone else that got me to buy something new, but my own desire for something that would run newer games. In case you're new here f00l I have a 7900gtx which my hometown rig still has, and gave an x1800xt to a friend, so its not like I've never had good PC's or stuff. Also owned a list of PC stuff probably worth half the value of the car you own (unless its a merc or beemer) Just that i'm in between an upgrade right now...

I suggest you improve your comprehension skills in english before you draw conclusions, and its an honest request to mods not to delete this as this guy has totally misinterpreted what I posted earlier.

Crunch fine. Don't crunch fine. Don't talk about how people like me are supposed to emulate guys like funky in buying costly stuff :rofl: joke of the year...

OT:
For a joke read this - "Team Techenclave has issues (with) open challenge to any team in India." His own words...

Now how does that read? Just added a with

keep the idiotic posts flowing. atleast its getting good traffic to usually not so eventful section. We have a new member as well.

Well done fellas :D

Vandal said:
You idiot it wasn't someone else that got me to buy something new, but my own desire for something that would run newer games. In case you're new here f00l I have a 7900gtx which my hometown rig still has, and gave an x1800xt to a friend, so its not like I've never had good PC's or stuff. Also owned a list of PC stuff probably worth half the value of the car you own (unless its a merc or beemer) Just that i'm in between an upgrade right now...

I suggest you improve your comprehension skills in english before you draw conclusions, and its an honest request to mods not to delete this as this guy has totally misinterpreted what I posted earlier.

Crunch fine. Don't crunch fine. Don't talk about how people like me are supposed to emulate guys like funky in buying costly stuff :rofl: joke of the year...

OT:
For a joke read this - "Team Techenclave has issues (with) open challenge to any team in India." His own words...

Now how does that read? Just added a with

:huh: :huh: ...now there there u abused me....:no: :no: now see it was your desire to own something which will play your games better...from where did that desire arise?....u read a review, u saw some1 owning it and then thought of buying it, man thats the chain funky is talking about....and i know u owned a good rig, thats why my comment that what exactly your computer was not able to run????(now who needs better comprehension skills????)....and now i didnt pass any judgemental statement but u did, what made u think that just because i am new to this forum wud mean i didnt own high end computer stuff??? My present rig might be a downer but thats because its with my own hard earned money, but have owned computers since P1(that is almost 10 years in computers) when even a decent computer used to cost a lakh(and whether you believe it or not, i have a whole room which has old computer accessories and parts including a P4). And if i were to pass a judgemental statement then i cud have said the same thing.

Funky said:
keep the idiotic posts flowing. atleast its getting good traffic to usually not so eventful section. We have a new member as well.
Well done fellas :D

:huh: ...u were onto these idiotic posts the whole day...i thought u might need some rest, hence took the mantle upon myself....:bleh: :bleh: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

thebanik said:
:huh: :huh: ...now there there u abused me....:no: :no: now see it was your desire to own something which will play your games better...from where did that desire arise?....u read a review, u saw some1 owning it and then thought of buying it, man thats the chain funky is talking about....and i know u owned a good rig, thats why my comment that what exactly your computer was not able to run????(now who needs better comprehension skills????)....and now i didnt pass any judgemental statement but u did, what made u think that just because i am new to this forum wud mean i didnt own high end computer stuff??? My present rig might be a downer but thats because its with my own hard earned money, but have owned computers since P1(that is almost 10 years in computers) when even a decent computer used to cost a lakh(and whether you believe it or not, i have a whole room which has old computer accessories and parts including a P4). And if i were to pass a judgemental statement then i cud have said the same thing.

Nope dood I write my own game reviews...Many of them on gamespot, digit, and a couple of other places...even TE.

^^I don't have a PC ready right now, so I don't crunch.

^^I am not a sacrificer...unless it means sacrificing others :p

^^Sheesh so much yap-yap just to let everyone know you have a little money...you seriously need to get a life, and some money!!

@ crunching on office electricity bills - why the hell not? For a good cause f00l, not cause I have a quad core or an 8800GTX :p Not cause I'm getting pizza or burgers. Not cause I want my name to be exalted as captain of a team. Not cause I want to win, but so that possibly someone may get cured of something fatal and I may get a few more blessings from the almighty above.

I make a difference everyday in the work I do. My family donates a lot to charity, orphanages etc etc...Just because we (me, RiO etc) like to party and let our hair down as a bigger priority than say posting screenies of WCG points doesn't mean we can't if we wanted to waste time indoors. Its just that life is short...so well get one while you can!!! :p

Seriously vandal where does the point of wasting time indoor and wcg comes into picture?

You dont wanna crunch, noone is forcing you. Dont go bashing on peoples who do.

I am not at home for 7-8 hours usually, i am not needed in home to crunch.

Vandal you dont wanna be part of this? fine. noone is forcing you to be. Just get the hell out of this section if you dont have anthing productive to say.

You guys ( guys because you said we ) can go out, party and do whatever the hell you want to do. Do not even thing about crapping any more threads here.

I know very well this is not a single person's mind speaking here. Do not crap te WCG section ever again. Its clear for everyone to see that all you guys are doing is intentionally piss here. Just to cause nuisance where something productive is done or achieved. Why do you have problem with me being a captain. Did you ever though of taking initiative? No, then stay the hell away from here. I am doing what I am suppose to do to promote TE and WCG in this section and as a captain of this team I consider it my voluntary job to do so.

The aim of this is plain and simple. If anyone of you dont see it, then buzz off. Even though this is providing good entertainment and juicy reading for many members and increasing traffic here. That was not the aim of this thread.

Keep it clean or I will be forced use my moderating hammer in this section.

And this goes to everyone.

@banik

Did you try selling the 7900GTX on ebay for an insane sum...the one u bought for 9750 from Darknight here on TE ...Also quoting its new price as 30k or something...I may be wrong, but was it you...

Do good to man....lets talk abt mankind later :p

But yes, Iam happy that you crunch... I hope makes a real difference...

Seriously I have decided to crunch too now...though not gng to be obsessed with it competing in a rat race...but will do now and then....

If this is a good cause do it well...just try not to get obsessed with it...

Again peer pressure is not all, but does contribute to our purchases in a small way...

having said that Im still stuck with Opty 170 @ 2.45 :p

Back