Order cancelled but product delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those who are keen to know the product & price, its a Samy Galaxy S Duos for ~15k.

For 20 days my money was stuck with no response from the seller, fake AWB no.

I'll probably ask the seller to arrange a reverse pick-up. BUT I don't want it to be that easy for him, otherwise he will not learn & keep taking buyers for a ride. How should I go about it ?

For all those who are keen to know the product & price, its a Samy Galaxy S Duos for ~15k.

For 20 days my money was stuck with no response from the seller, fake AWB no.
I'll probably ask the seller to arrange a reverse pick-up. BUT I don't want it to be that easy for him, otherwise he will not learn & keep taking buyers for a ride. How should I go about it ?

Just sleep on it till he contacts you. That is IF he does. You got to decide how much time would u wait. (or u can always send the money later if u want to use the phone immediately)

He did supplied a fake AWB, but it could be a mix up.. can happen with dealers. One bad ctrl c / ctrl v and you have bad AWB. So dont simply put the blame on him cuz in a way you want to. Give the situation a fair assessment.

Think of it as that delivery-in-20min or free pizza thingy.

Yea, as if it works and applies to everything just like that. :|

Imagine if you were on the other side.

Fake AWB can be mistake ? Did you contact you about the same ? If he did not reply then you can keep it :p

You can easily know whether it was fake AWB or not, just check pick up date from AWB status & see if its matches the date when he gave you.

I think, best would be wait till he contacts you. If he doesn't, then enjoy the phone :) If he does, return it after 20-30 days, that'd teach him a good lesson :p

Just sleep on it till he contacts you. That is IF he does. You got to decide how much time would u wait. (or u can always send the money later if u want to use the phone immediately)

He did supplied a fake AWB, but it could be a mix up.. can happen with dealers. One bad ctrl c / ctrl v and you have bad AWB. So dont simply put the blame on him cuz in a way you want to. Give the situation a fair assessment.

Here's the chronology of events:

1) I placed the order
2) Seller was to ship the product till a fixed date(within 7 days of placing the order)
3) On the last day i.e. 7th day I receive the AWB no.
4) I constantly try to track the shipment but no record on Courier website.
5) Constantly tried to contact seller for correct tracking info. but no reply from seller.
6) Waited till last stipulated time for shipment to arrive
7) Nothing arrives.
8) I have 4 days from the last date of shipment to arrive to file a dispute.
9) On the last day I file a case.
10) 2 days later the shipment arrives.
11) 4 days later the refund

Now a thing to note is that the AWB no. 1st given to me was of last date for shipment to be sent. While the Courier which finally delivered to me was different from what the seller updated in the 1st place. The arrived shipment was shipped after the due date for shipment to be sent. So the seller was wrong on 2 counts here:

1) Providing wrong shipment details
2) Lied about the shipping on the last day for shipment. Otherwise I would have got a refund right then.

To be more clear, the last date for shipping the product was 10th. On 10th evening the seller updates the Shipping info with Aramex courier. The AWB is not trackable. I receive the shipment by DTDC & the shipping date is 11th. Had the seller not updated false shipping info. I would have got a refund then itself.

Only thing the seller did right was send the product, rest all was a lie, shipping dates, couriers, tracking info, etc...Moreover no contacts or updates all the while.

^^ Instead of writing all that, i think it is easy to decide that you are atleast 1% interested in providing the refund. That is easily discernible cuz u made this thread.

Such situations do let a lot of things to come out in the open regarding the approach/mentality of a person or masses. We gen have witnessed trends like: 'Okay, his fault is my gain' attitude cuz its either the moral fabric or a tendency.
I surely would like to believe its the latter (wrt to us Indians) and hence the fair assessment thing i mentioned. Even i should have said that you should return the money despite the delay cuz u finally did got the product.. but i have seen sellers and courier companies doing this fake awb/nobody at home hence no delivery thing a lot, and hence i am all for the mental agony meted out to the seller. :)

Only thing the seller did right was send the product, rest all was a lie, shipping dates, couriers, tracking info, etc...Moreover no contacts or updates all the while.

That doesnt mean you can steal a product, mind you seller still has your address.

That doesnt mean you can steal a product, mind you seller still has your address.

Stealing was never my intention, I paid for the product in the 1st place!

Yes he does have my address, so ?

I could have silently kept the product with me but I thought it was good to invite suggestions on how should I go about..

- - - Updated - - -

^^ Instead of writing all that, i think it is easy to decide that you are atleast 1% interested in providing the refund. That is easily discernible cuz u made this thread

No the reason was having this thread was that I was surprised because this has happened to me for the 1st time. I was actually wondering how could I return a product that I've opened up & used or how do I pay for it now ? At the same time want to set right the seller.

Stealing was never my intention, I paid for the product in the 1st place!

Yes he does have my address, so ?

I could have silently kept the product with me but I thought it was good to invite suggestions on how should I go about.

I am not saying it was your intention but just that you got a chance you are doing it. What are the chances that he will not bang on your door in the next 1 week?

If i were you i will call the delear and ask him to pick it back or xfer the money. With all due respect, just bcos the seller was a @$$ doesn't mean you have to be one.

No the reason was having this thread was that I was surprised because this has happened to me for the 1st time. I was actually wondering how could I return a product that I've opened up & used or how do I pay for it now ? At the same time want to set right the seller.

Then wait for 20 + 10 days and return the money. Tell him over the phone that you are returning his stuff with interest.. agony ie :p

Besides, he very well might find out about something being amiss and might initiate some kinda proceeding.

Inform the seller that you have the phone and you would like to refund.

But, refund only after 20-30 days. Let him contact you many times as you did.

Keeping moral issues aside, sellers like these need to be taught a lesson. And for them, money is the most important of all. That is where it hurts, and that is where one should strike.

Just reading the thread and my friend called me to say the same.
But for his case its - Flipkart.
he ordered a Tab 2 + cover for some ~20K. The very next day he cancelled the order.
He now he got refund twice.
he asked what shall he do?

Lucky b***ards !!

Put the money in a short term FD of 1 month. Take the interest for yourself. Pay the money to the seller after that. You get reimbursed for the agony. Seller gets paid. Win-win

contact the seller, say that you have returned the item and give a fake AWB no...
let him learn how it hurts!!!
after he chases fior a while.. send the product.
hows that revenge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back