Owner's pride- the lian li a70f

Gannu said:
^And you're someone who goes by your neighbours' words? Apparently they called your Stacker 830 a cupboard (if I recall that right) and you dumped the enclosure the very next day and got a HAF932 so you could see their smiles again?

The Sorcerer said:
So why did you ditch the stacker 830 and grab HAF 932 :huh:

I was unhappy from day one (22nd May, 2007 for 15.2k) with the cm stacker 830 (ask my engineer or TE Member "PriyoBan") because of cooling deficiency (even made a 8 fans config for negative pressure)

Then one fine day TE Member "gaganjain" posted about the CM HAF 932 which made me instantly fall in Love with it thus I wanted it as you can understand by my post there so I ordered it on 1st September, 2008 & received it on 29th September, 2008 for 8.8k

Been happy ever since and happier after changing the 140mm & two 230mm fans with 8 ultra silent high pressure 120mm fans in September, 2009 as the cooling increased

It's true everyone hated the cm stacker 830 but I never changed it as I thought it was India's costliest cabinet so I thought cooling deficiency must be my imagination but boy was I wrong

Note to all: a costlier cabinet doesn't mean it's good/pretty in all cases

Hmm...

THe cable management is definitely doable here.

The main problem is stiff power cables. You can still slide in hdd properly in reverse direction. All you need to do is use the screws on first two HDD screw holes and not 1st and last one( there are 3 screw holes on each hdd on side. ).

With like of corsair HX series PSU, this is definitely doable as the PSU have flat modular cables unlike mesh covered round cables of TAGAN which hates to bend.

Also there is one more thing you can do. Its some work but its doable.

There is a top HDD rack in this cabinet right at the top. You can disassemble this and attach it where PSU is and move the PSU up ( yup possible to do this with help of just 4 screws which needs to be removed from under the cage.

Then you can route all cables from the back of the mobo tray and have 3 HDDs where PSU is and rest at the bottom front of the cabinet.

I plan to do this when I get time sometime in December.

yesterday I connected top 2 HDDS upside down and this gave me better airflow and cable management in the cabby than before. Problem is the SATA cables I have are all 18 inch ones. With bigger cables, you can take all of them to the backside and move them to the front / back in such a way that they are not visible like this.

Plan to buy lian li SATA cables when Phoenix gets em with this lot. As they are 33 inch, those will come real handy for cable management.

This is how it currently looks.

3304b111f5c0f195.jpg

basically everything in this case can be removed with help of just a screw driver.

Dont like horizontal rod running across? It can be removed.

Dont want top HDD bay there? It can be removed.

Dont want front HDD cage? It can be removed and you can use smaller one at the top by moving it at bottom.

All screw holes match each other making it easy to configure as you wish if you have time.

Also colour contrast plays an important role in perception of mess :p

With black cables, this same thing will look much nicer in pics.

With red yeallow bright colours, everything looks ugly.

But this is functional. Temps are great.

Its just the matter of time and patience. I dont have any at the moment with busy schedule. And honestly I never managed to get cable management done properly. But this time I do :p Will be done sometime in 2nd week of december.

I would still take this over current offerings available here.

I am not fond of CM cabbys as except ATCS, every cabby I have worked on turned out to be finger cutter in one way or other.

EDIT:
3304b112af05dd36.png

And these are the temps without aircon at the moment. Room temp is around 25C.

Nehalem running at 4.2Ghz. These are idle temps btw. Load CPU temps are as usualy around 75-78.

In the end, this is cabby without side panel :p Who except me is gonna know whats inside, my hardware does not mind hehe.

Shripad said:
basically everything in this case can be removed with help of just a screw driver.
Dont like horizontal rod running across? It can be removed.
Dont want top HDD bay there? It can be removed.

Dont want front HDD cage? It can be removed and you can use smaller one at the top by moving it at bottom.
All screw holes match each other making it easy to configure as you wish if you have time.

ohhk....then HDD cage can be reversed, as peeps here desire it to be?

A solution to this:
w1nD said:
^^ but what is point in keeping hdd the opposite way ??? i means shouldn't the cables be at back hidden from side view ????
Looking at that pics it seems its "ulta"
and its minus point for me
?

Side panels are one of the best I have seen on any cabinet till date. They are precise and easily slides in place and easily comes off as well. You dont have to fight with them like some cooler master chassis. They are not too thick and are very light weight ( the whole cabby is very light ) but there is no flex in them. 1.5mm aluminium sheet.

In terms of quality of craftsmanship, there is no compromise and thats first obvious thing you will notice about these. The only real issue is wire management which needs proper set of long wires due to sheer size of the cabinet and patience. Regular SATA cables that come with mobo are usually 12 or 18inch one, and they are simply not long enough for proper routing.

Sudarshan_SMD said:
ohhk....then HDD cage can be reversed, as peeps here desire it to be?

A solution to this:
?

I have posted about this in the big post above :p
The HDDs can be turned around. And there is work around to the hdd not sliding in properly as well.
But it all depends on which PSU you have and how stiff / flexible are the SATA power cables

Shripad said:
Side panels are one of the best I have seen on any cabinet till date. They are precise and easily slides in place and easily comes off as well. You dont have to fight with them like some cooler master chassis. They are not too thick and are very light weight ( the whole cabby is very light ) but there is no flex in them. 1.5mm aluminium sheet.

In terms of quality of craftsmanship, there is no compromise and thats first obvious thing you will notice about these. The only real issue is wire management which needs proper set of long wires due to sheer size of the cabinet and patience. Regular SATA cables that come with mobo are usually 12 or 18inch one, and they are simply not long enough for proper routing.

I have posted about this in the big post above :p
The HDDs can be turned around. And there is work around to the hdd not sliding in properly as well.
But it all depends on which PSU you have and how stiff / flexible are the SATA power cables

Thanks funky. Hmm 1.5mm is pretty thick. What about the frame? Is that well built? I'm mostly in for the A71F. BTW why'd u prefer the A70? Bling or something else?

^P off gannu ;) stop commenting faltu fund and help if u can bugger...

I hate the door on cabby, thats it. Every time I need access to dvd/br drive or power and reset button, I will need to open the damn door. And knowing me I might break it eventually :p

Acoustically A71 will be better as door will act as sound filter.

I wouldnt have bought Lian Li if I was remotely interested in bling :p

Back