Budget 51-70k PC build for flight sim gaming

550w is enough. You can get Antec Earthwatts 650 gold rated PSU from Primeabgb.
DS3H is not a good one, better avoid and go with one of the suggested boards above.
Sunil suggested Intel 660p, which is a much better one.
Yes, it does support but not recommended.

So these would be better for MB and SSD?

So these would be better for MB and SSD?
SSD is fine.
For motherboard... Did you check my post I posted yesterday where I suggested about half a dozen boards?
Since you say budget is not an issue I am adding one more at the top.
MB - B450 chipset board may need Bios update. Check with the seller before buying. Because of availability issues and pricing, I am giving few choices here. Check them in this order and pick the one you find and like/afford.
Tuf Gaming X570 Plus
Asus Prime X570P​
Asrock B450 Pro4 / Fatal1ty Gaming​
Asus B450 Tuf M Pro Gaming​
MSI B450A Pro​

SSD is fine.
For motherboard... Did you check my post I posted yesterday where I suggested about half a dozen boards?
Since you say budget is not an issue I am adding one more at the top.

The X570 is 15K, while the Prime/Tuf B450 are about half? Main difference I see is a second m.2 slot. Otherwise worth paying twice?

The X570 is 15K, while the Prime/Tuf B450 are about half? Main difference I see is a second m.2 slot. Otherwise worth paying twice?
Yes, it's worth. As I said before, if you can't afford go for B450 chipset board.
Problem with B450 board is almost all of them are not readily available with major online sellers. You can buy from Amazon, but it's overpriced there. You can try to source locally if none of those online sellers have them in stock. I see gaming plus max is available with mdc, so adding that as well.
Tuf Gaming X570 Plus
Asus Prime X570P
Asrock B450 Pro4 / Fatal1ty Gaming
Asus B450 Tuf M Pro Gaming
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
MSI B450A Pro

OK, now with a bit of reading, I see that lots of websites say that Intel would probably be better for flight sim as flight sim software does not use multi core?

Then looking at the Intel i5 9600K, which would be a good MB? I presume the rest can remain the same?

OK, now with a bit of reading, I see that lots of websites say that Intel would probably be better for flight sim as flight sim software does not use multi core?

Then looking at the Intel i5 9600K, which would be a good MB? I presume the rest can remain the same?
I bet most of those posts are posted before Jul'19, right? Coz, all those are comparing Intel 9th vs Ryzen 2000 series. Even with Ryzen 2000, I guess the frames one would lose wouldn't be huge comparing with Intel 9th gen. Anyway, Ryzen 3000 changed everything.
Ryzen 3000 series is not only cheaper but performs better than Intel. To match Ryzen 3600, you have to get Intel i7 9700k which costs about 29k.
Choice and money is yours, if you still feel Intel is the way to go, you can get Gigabyte Z390 UD

Edit: Typo

Last edited:
I bet most of those posts are posted before Jul'19, right? Coz, all those are comparing Intel 9th vs Ryzen 2000 series. Even with Ryzen 2000, I guess the frames one would lose wouldn't be huge comparing with Intel 9th gen. Anyway, Ryzen 3000 changed everything.
Ryzen 3000 series is not only cheaper but performs better than Intel. To match Ryzen 3600, you have to get Intel i7 9700k which costs about 29k.
Choice any money is yours, if you still feel Intel is the way to go, you can get Gigabyte Z390 UD

The review I saw was with old gen ryzen, i5 and new gen ryzen. Old gen showed 35fps, new gen 50fps, and i5 55 fps. I think not worth that much increase in spend for 5fps. Will stick to AMD.

Thanks. I really am sorry for so many questions, but this will be done by tomorrow.

Is ADATA RAM good? 3200 at about 3500 per 8gb stick?

Screenshot_8.jpg

Thanks. I really am sorry for so many questions, but this will be done by tomorrow.
Is ADATA RAM good? 3200 at about 3500 per 8gb stick?
Yeah, it's good and that's about the price.
Post automatically merged:

Same model is available here as dual kit.

Last edited:
I'm not ordering online. I know zero about computers, as I have amply demonstrated over the last 24 hours, so I have an old friend who builds and looks after my hospital PCs. I have an AMC with his company for all the PCs at my hospital.

So, I tell him what I want and his guys build it for me. I'll probably pay about 3000 or so more than online lowest price, but I get it built and he helps me with issues, if any.

These are the reuslts. I think I should at least get the Ryzen 3600X?

Screenshot_51.jpg

Last edited:
3600X costs about 20-25% more for 5% higher clock speed. You sure about that?
Well, if your friend is gonna do this for you and he knows about this then you don't have to worry about. He will find the best parts for you. :)

yes but buy from vedant computers as they dont charge for payment gateway and very fast shipping.
I ordered 61k of PC parts from primeabgb but still I didnt get 3 parts which are SMPS, Keyboard and 120mm fan since 8 days.

surprisingly PrimeABGB become costlier than other online sellers, also most of time out of stock products that are recommend by you too.

I bought system from them in 2011 and at that time found them low cost compare to even local/online sellrs, but now it's changed.

I'm not ordering online. I know zero about computers, as I have amply demonstrated over the last 24 hours, so I have an old friend who builds and looks after my hospital PCs. I have an AMC with his company for all the PCs at my hospital.

So, I tell him what I want and his guys build it for me. I'll probably pay about 3000 or so more than online lowest price, but I get it built and he helps me with issues, if any.

These are the reuslts. I think I should at least get the Ryzen 3600X?

View attachment 82452

Yes, Rs.3000/- extra (approx 5% of total cost) for Reliable After Sales Service is always welcome. As you do not need to waste time & energy to arrange (send & collect if any H/W Fault Devloped within warranty period)

3600X costs about 20-25% more for 5% higher clock speed. You sure about that?
Well, if your friend is gonna do this for you and he knows about this then you don't have to worry about. He will find the best parts for you. :)

Well, on online sites the difference is 3500. I think thats OK. Better than paying MUCH more for an Intel i7 and its motherboard.

Also I think I decided on the Asrockas per your suggestion. Will finalise today.

So, the final order [unless you guys make me change something]

AMD Ryzen 3600X
Asrock B450 Pro4
Adata XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 3200MHz 8GB (1x8GB) Desktop U-DIMM Memory X 2
Crucial 1TB m.2 NVNe SSD
Zotac RTX 2070 Super AMP Extreme
Coolmaster case

Coolmaster PSU 650 watts

Last edited:
So, the final order [unless you guys make me change something
Adata XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 3200MHz 8GB (1x8GB) Desktop U-DIMM Memory X 2 - Hope you're getting the dual kit.
Crucial 1TB m.2 NVNe SSD - Intel 660p
Coolmaster PSU 650 watts - Corsair CX series or Antec Earthwatts Gold

Adata XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 3200MHz 8GB (1x8GB) Desktop U-DIMM Memory X 2 - Hope you're getting the dual kit.
Crucial 1TB m.2 NVNe SSD - Intel 660p
Coolmaster PSU 650 watts - Corsair CX series or Antec Earthwatts Gold

This Adata RAM is C16 or C19?

How many fans should a ystem like this have? The Antek P8 comes with 3. Should be enough?
Your major use is gonna be Flight Sim which doesn't use all the cores which means your system not gonna heat up much. So yeah, 3 would be good enough.

Seems like your finally build gonna cost lot more than what your initially planned. Why not consider X570 boards now? Good you're researching, what does it say about motherboard B450 vs X570 to pair with 3600x?

Your major use is gonna be Flight Sim which doesn't use all the cores which means your system not gonna heat up much. So yeah, 3 would be good enough.

Seems like your finally build gonna cost lot more than what your initially planned. Why not consider X570 boards now? Good you're researching, what does it say about motherboard B450 vs X570 to pair with 3600x?

LOL, yes, its gonna be about a lakh or so.

From what I read the X570 boards offer PCIe 4 as the only/main advantage? Not much value today? Is that right?

Also a couple of reviews said that that p8 cabinet does not have good cooling. Ordered the NZXT H510 instead.

So, final build. Seriously, FINAL [unless you guys change something again ;-) ]

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 21000
Asrock B450 Pro4 MB 7900
Adata 3200 8gb X 2 7500
Antec Eartwatts 750 Gold 8500
Intel p660 1TB 10200
NZXT H510 Case 6400
Gigabyte RTX 2070
Super Gaming OC 46000

Total: 107,500/- or thereabouts.

Last edited:
From what I read the X570 boards offer PCIe 4 as the only/main advantage? Not much value today? Is that right?
So, final build...
X570 offers more than that. Better VRM design/power stages, faster memory support, PBO is better with X570. But that doesn't mean you should get it. But when I see your finalized build/components, board looks the weakest of the lot esp. when case costs as much as your board :)

I guess those pricing are rough (just for reference), coz it's bit expensive (board, ram, ssd, psu)

X570 offers more than that. Better VRM design/power stages, faster memory support, PBO is better with X570. But that doesn't mean you should get it. But when I see your finalized build/components, board looks the weakest of the lot esp. when case costs as much as your board :)

I guess those pricing are rough (just for reference), coz it's bit expensive (board, ram, ssd, psu)

Like I said, I'm paying a bit more for the person to build it and handle any potential issues.

Yes, I did read about the faster memory support but likely will not use that. Only issue with the B450 is the maybe need for BIOS update.

Back