Budget 51-70k PC more than good enough for most use cases like editing, moderate gaming, programing

Huh...cmd saying it's OEM dm channel. is that bad. can they revoke access anytime?

Attachments

• 20241007_202833.jpg
    20241007_202833.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Huh...cmd saying it's OEM dm channel. is that bad. can they revoke access anytime?
Yeah this is not a retail key like they promised. I don't think they can/will revoke but if you change anything on your PC hardware wise (like processor, mobo etc) it will get deactivated. The three main channels are: Retail, Volume License and OEM. Ask the customer support for a real retail key as you did not get what was promised.

I'm kinda disappointed by them now. I thought they would offer you retail version as its written on the title and I also saw reviews clearly showing it being retail.

So if I change any part of pc it won't even boot up?
For this price im ok with this limitation as long as i can boot to the system and enter another windows key, whenever a change of major component happens so data/apps/settings are not lost

Yeah this is not a retail key like they promised. I don't think they can/will revoke but if you change anything on your PC hardware wise (like processor, mobo etc) it will get deactivated. The three main channels are: Retail, Volume License and OEM. Ask the customer support for a real retail key as you did not get what was promised.

I'm kinda disappointed by them now. I thought they would offer you retail version as its written on the title and I also saw reviews clearly showing it being retail.
Even if the key is oem, once it is linked to a MS account it likely becomes retail. If @lilboy reinstall windows & it is auto activated after connected to internet most likely this time the command will show channel as "retail".

So if I change any part of pc it won't even boot up?
For this price im ok with this limitation as long as i can boot to the system and enter another windows key, whenever a change of major component happens so data/apps/settings are not lost
Only if you change processor or motherboard the oem key will not work & by that it means windows will start in forever trial mode in which you can do almost everything as before except using personalization features like change windows theme/wallpapers etc. I would suggest to format the drive & reinstall windows to test the above guess of mine as it will take just 10-15mins & will make clear the future status of the key. Before that, link that key to your MS acc which should have happened by now if you were logged into windows using MS acc when it was activated.

Even if the key is oem, once it is linked to a MS account it likely becomes retail. If @lilboy reinstall windows & it is auto activated after connected to internet most likely this time the command will show channel as "retail".
This is the area I'm not sure about because if you see @lilboy screenshots, one says its activated and linked to his MS account and the other says OEM.
However I did google and found this page which basically says even though its linked to your account OEM key will still only work on the first PC hardware it was installed on (aka not permanent). page here

@lilboy You may try the reinstalling method but I don't see OEM channel suddenly turning in to a retail one. If you do try this then remember all you have to do is login to your MS account for windows to get activated again. No need to put product key again since its still linked to your MS account. Also you should still ask them for a retail key, just in case you try this too late and they don't provide you support by then.

I don't have a account with them. I messaged on the Web page chat box about this. But no-one attended to it. Will try again in the day time.

I don't have a account with them. I messaged on the Web page chat box about this. But no-one attended to it. Will try again in the day time.
Do the windows format & reinstall, if the key works & channel says retail now then no worries else tell the seller to give you a key which shows channel as "retail" in that command.

Contacted them on WhatsApp. They are confusing. Attaching screen shot.

Straight after trying to contact them on phone. I got a call saying, due to irregular usage your service will be suspended. Press 1 to....blah...blah. not exact words. I cut the call.

Attachments

• 20241008_151923.jpg
    20241008_151923.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20241008_151932.jpg
    20241008_151932.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Contacted them on WhatsApp. They are confusing. Attaching screen shot.

My old ups which worked (provided back up) a couple of times didn't hold up when there was power cut or voltage change in my apartment. It made a continuous loud noise and also pc turned off. I turned off the ups. After some time turned on and computer is working fine.
Straight after trying to contact them on phone. I got a call saying, due to irregular usage your service will be suspended. Press 1 to....blah...blah. not exact words. I cut the call.
I think what he's referring to is this. I didn't know you could re-apply OEM key by selecting "I recently changed my hardware" option. Apparently this only works 3 times. Found out from here. Still not a retail key but better than nothing for the price it costs.

Also what does he mean when he said "Retail doesnt work if hardware is changed" lol

My old ups which was working fine till now didn't hold up when there was power cut or voltage change in my apartment. It made a continuous loud noise and pc turned off. I then turned off the ups. After some time turned on and computer is working fine. Is this a ups problem or it can't handle the heavy load of new pc?

My old ups which was working fine till now didn't hold up when there was power cut or voltage change in my apartment. It made a continuous loud noise and pc turned off. I then turned off the ups. After some time turned on and computer is working fine. Is this a ups problem or it can't handle the heavy load of new pc?
Most likely can't handle the load of new pc during intensive usage or ups switchover time simply deteriorated too much for a safe switchover.

So do I need to change the whole thing or battery only. It wasn't under heavy load when it happened. Currently I think its 600va or so

So do I need to change the whole thing or battery only. It wasn't under heavy load when it happened. Currently I think its 600va or so
600va is 360w (a typical ups power output is 60% of its va rating). If ups can power a pc from completely turn off to on but fails during a power cut when power switchover takes place then it usually means ups has higher switchover time than the holdup time of psu in the pc so ups itself need to be changed else changing battery is enough. If ups only fails when pc is under intensive load (gaming for example) then it means ups cannot provide enough power & need a higher va rating ups to run the pc during intensive load scenarios.

600VA will take PC's load in normal usage like web browsing but will turn off while gaming. Battery might also be old. Better look for a new UPS, I use APC BX1100, not sure if there's something better around 6k. Or go all in on inverter, but need at least 1600VA or ideally 2000VA+ (latter needs 2 batteries apparently)

First see if the problem is with the UPS. While it sounds like a dying battery, you can run a couple of checks to be sure.
Turn on your PC, enter the BIOs and then turn off the UPS plug. If it turns off immediately, then your battery's probably dead, and you can change it for about Rs.1000.
If it runs, then see how long the battery lasts.

While 600va will probably not be enough for your entire system when you're gaming, it should be enough in most other cases. But you can and should test if your current UPS can handle your system under load before you buy a new one.
If you're upgrading, a 1kva system will be more than enough to power your system till the generator kicks in. An Indian brand UPS from the likes of Powersafe/Luminous will set you back about Rs.5000. Their batteries will be cheaper to replace compared to the official APC ones. I've got a 1 KVA, dual battery Powersafe UPS that's 15 years old, and it's been problem free. It used to have really loud cooling fans, but I disconnected them after the warranty period was over, and it's still doing fine.

Here's a link to a random 1 KVA UPS.

Thank you.

On turning off the plug after getting into bios, system started giving short continuous beep after 5 mins. And then turned off suddenly without any warning after that 2-3 mins of short continuous beeps. Not very alarming.

Whereas on that day it was continuous loud alarm before turning off in under 30 seconds perhaps.

Monitor got black spots and its not fun. I feel like upgrading monitor. Productivity apps like Photoshop, browsing first preference then counter strike 2 occasionally.

Acer Nitro Xv272U V3 which I see @OMEGA44-XT and others

recommending is not available to my pincode from Amazon. Any models to watch out for sale during diwali.

if the discount is not good i prefer buying offline or reputed online vendors.

Attachments

• 20241009_222155.jpg
    20241009_222155.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back