Budget 51-70k PC more than good enough for most use cases like editing, moderate gaming, programing

lilboy

Adept
Questions
What is your budget?
60K to 1lac if required
What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Got 2 pcs 1 with it 4th gen or so and i3 2nd gen, have to check ram (4gb max) mobo etc
Monitor - Dell s2240L
PSU - got 1 Corsair hx620 unused but not sure if it's working, it is from around pre 2010 era :)
Gfx- GeForce 710 or 730
Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Maybe monitor for the time being to cut the cost down. If there's 1 in the started budget, would like to know the model.

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
No idea
Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Might prefer to buy one and use it for next 4-5yrs
Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Kerala.Open to online purchase
What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming- fps like cs, racing, football
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Watching HD movies
Would like to learn Photoshop, premiere pro etc. Got free time so planning to make use of it.

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Should be reliable. No need to be fancy looking. Compact if possible.
If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Fps( kb mouse suitable for counter strike), football
Racing. Never ever felt like playing other games.
What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
No clue. what ever is better for eyes. 27 inch
Are you looking to overclock?
No
Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 11

Last edited:
Something which is closer to 1L - R5 7600 + 7700XT + 32GB RAM + 1TB Gen4 SSD + mATX cabinet:

For cabinet, also check Lian Li A3 DAN (reviewed by Gamers Nexus), Asus AP201 (reviewed by Hardware Canucks) & Antec Box C Air for something even smaller than CM 301 in volume. Pay close attention to CPU cooler & GPU clearance.

Something cheaper near 80k but performs as well as above rig in most games - i5 12400 + 7700XT + 32GB RAM + 1TB Gen4 SSD + mATX cabinet:

Acer XV272U V3 27" 1440p 180Hz monitor is on sale for under 15k with card offers, grab it ASAP for a monitor upgrade.

If the games you play are light games, then downgrade 7700XT to 3060 12GB in the i5 rig & save about 15k.

Thanks. I play limited games as mentioned in opening post. So gaming not a big priority so 3060 might be enough.

Cpu cooler doesn't come with cpu these days?

Last edited:
Thanks. I play limited games as mentioned in opening post. So gaming not a big priority so 3060 might be enough
Yup, save that 15k then, better to get a new monitor, at least a 24" 1080p gaming monitor.

Also, 5600X & i5 12400 perform similarly but latter has an iGPU. The i5 12400F lacks an iGPU like 5600X, so won't run without a dedicated GPU.

I can see it 12400f on sale and a good pricing too. I bought i3 for around this price years back.

Do I need to go for a better processor for editing purposes. At what price we get a good performing processor after which the incremental performances hardly make any differences.

I could adjust with inbuilt gfx if it allows me to play counter strike, football and racing games in moderately high settings. Preference to be given for editing for which im setting up this system. I read cpu to be given more importance in that case.

I can see it 12400f on sale and a good pricing too. I bought i3 for around this price years back.

Do I need to go for a better processor for editing purposes. At what price we get a good performing processor after which the incremental performances hardly make any differences.

I could adjust with inbuilt gfx if it allows me to play counter strike, football and racing games in moderately high settings. Preference to be given for editing for which im setting up this system. I read cpu to be given more importance in that case.
Yes, CPU is more important for editing, but a GPU like 3060 helps as well. The iGPU is kind of weak for say FH5, EA FC25, CoD, etc.

Since Intel has issues, there's a big gap above R5 7600. Earlier i5 13500 was a good choice for productivity around 22k as it is more powerful than R7 7700.

1L productivity rig with R9 7900.

Since you are a beginner, you can get away with i5 12400 honestly speaking.

At what price we get a good performing processor after which the incremental performances hardly make any differences.
At which point you want to stop is up to you and your budget. 12400f is great pick at 8499/- on amazon and this is without any bank offer applied so you snag it for way less. This comes with a downside though, 12th gen intel is now 2 generations behind and 12400f only has 6 physical cores, not something I would buy if productivity was my main usage. You want a 8 core processor preferably.
I could adjust with inbuilt gfx if it allows me to play counter strike, football and racing games in moderately high settings.
Some might disagree but I still believe iGPUs have not yet reached a point where they surpass older lower-mid range dedicated GPUs. Which are now going for really cheap second handed as there is a flood of GPUs now. Though you may test it by yourself after using a processor with iGPU and checking out it runs against online benchmarks with any dGPUs.

I'd recommend going with an AMD processor over Intel simply because Intels 13th and 14th gen processor are having problems and 12th gen is old now. Also you can cheap out on cabinet by going with Ant-esports something like this as it comes with 4 pre-installed fans and honestly speaking once you have everything installed you don't really touch your case much so I don't see a point spending too much on them as long as they are not a crap-tier hotbox.

Looking at build shared by @OMEGA44-XT it looks great but you can skip a bit on motherboard and get a B650M one if you don't need the extra PCIe slot. MSI B650M Gaming WIFI @ 10,249/- looks great or you can go with Gigabyte B650M Gaming Wifi @ 10,325/- as well, saving you about 5k.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Surely looking into it.
Is it a good idea to go with ryzen 7 5800x. I understand it's older architecture. I'm not going to upgrade for next 4-5 years. Since I'm not looking to spent any more money on this system. Does it really matter if it is a new platform. Unless new architectures are energy efficient and saves me on electricity bill.

Thanks a lot buddy. That should help a lot
Ignore previous build as I put ATX mobo with mATX case

Thanks. Surely looking into it.
Is it a good idea to go with ryzen 7 5800x. I understand it's older architecture. I'm not going to upgrade for next 4-5 years. Since I'm not looking to spent any more money on this system. Does it really matter if it is a new platform. Unless new architectures are energy efficient and saves me on electricity bill.
5700X can be considered with MSI B550M Pro VDH WiFi mobo & 32GB RAM

7900 is just about better in everything and that includes energy efficiency. But to reap that benefit of maybe 50W max difference it will take years after all 50W isn't much. Watch this video and decide yourself.
Ignore previous build as I put ATX mobo with mATX case
Good second look. I didn't even notice, surely OP missed this as well lol.

Intel Core i5-12400F, AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, Ryzen 9 5900X, ryzen 9 7900

these seems to be the processor options where the best value for money is i5, 5700 a middle ground for productivity apps which is power efficient than 5800, 5900 and 7900 is similar in high performance with later being power efficient and newer architecture(am5 with ddr5).

so which of these will come with stock coolers and are good to go with that. Got to find how the mobo + ram rate going to affect the pricing
32 gb ram (16*2) and a decent mobo

tilting to 5700x. are there anything in that range in newer models with ddr5 that i'm missing out

so which of these will come with stock coolers and are good to go with that.
You do not want to go with stock coolers if productivity is your goal. Stock coolers are absolutely trash with exception being for low TDP processors that are 45W or below. They work fine for gaming but as soon as your processor hit 100% load it will thermal throttle and the money you would have saved by skimping on aftermarket air cooler will bite you back.
Got to find how the mobo + ram rate going to affect the pricing
16x2 DDR4 will cost 5k and 16x2 DRR5 will cost 8k.
Motherboards have a wide range. What exactly do you consider a "decent" mobo? Because If I were to buy a mobo with budget restraints I will even consider a cheap mid-tier mATX board with a single 16x PCIe slot from any known brand "decent". There is very little performance difference between motherboards. Where they do matter is when you are using a high end processor like a 14900k because those require motherboards to have good VRM capability, something low tier mobos don't have.

I assume with wifi, usb c and all it starts at 10k. Are these even considered premium features any more. 2 ram slots were considered restrictive before and it seems to be the norm in some of the boards I checked. Last time while assembling only sata ports were there. But now it's nvme ssd. Im out of touch on these aspects. Need to brush up.

Also are there any i5 13th, 14 gen that don't have any issues to be considered in place of 5700 and above

I forgot about those until you mentioned them. Most have usb type-c and wifi now. There used to be two versions of the same mobo released with one having wifi and one not, maybe they still exist but If I'm to guess the WIFI module component price wise don't cost them much so they usually just include it. Also sounds nice to have it on the packaging and could be make or break for some casual buyers.

You will find two ram slots config in mini-ITX mostly, or in really cheap mobos. Two ram slots config is also the most optimal one vs something like four ram slots. Even if your mobo has 4 slots you will want to only use 2 of them in dual channel mode, doesn't mean you can't use all 4 though. Just google it as its easier to understand that way. As for why mobos go with two ram slots in case of mini-ITX size it has to be due to less space to physically put the socket (and traces) and in case of cheap mobo they just like to save production costs wherever they can.

The whole industry shifted to NVMe SSDs like they did when SSDs replaced HDD as primary drive. You will want NVMe as your primary.
Also are there any i5 13th, 14 gen that don't have any issues to be considered in place of 5700 and above
No clue, probably not. Maybe someone else can shed a light. I just knew Intel messed up their 13th and 14th lineup and assumed its all of them.

Intel Core i5-12400F, AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, Ryzen 9 5900X, ryzen 9 7900

these seems to be the processor options where the best value for money is i5, 5700 a middle ground for productivity apps which is power efficient than 5800, 5900 and 7900 is similar in high performance with later being power efficient and newer architecture(am5 with ddr5).

so which of these will come with stock coolers and are good to go with that. Got to find how the mobo + ram rate going to affect the pricing

tilting to 5700x. are there anything in that range in newer models with ddr5 that i'm missing out
Do not look for stock cooler CPUs, both Intel & AMD don't provide good stock coolers. Deepcool AG400 will cool i5 12400 & R7 5700X easily. CM 620S at 3k can be considered for R9 7900.

R9 7900 build will cost 1L, can be 95k with cheaper mobo.

An i5 12400 build will cost 65k, 61-62k for i5 12400F.

5700X build will cost around 75k, 5900X build will be bit above 80k or so roughly.

R5 7600 performs similar to 5700X. With R5 7600 at 15k on amazon, R5 7600 + 32GB DDR5 RAM rig can also be 75-80k. With this you also you future CPU upgrabaility, say you get serious about productivity, you can swap CPU to 7950X in a year when it will be cheaper than what it is currently (under 50k now).

So decide how much you want to spend. As I mentioned earlier, you are a beginner, so i5 12400 is plenty powerful. It will take more time to render if you are editing videos, that's all. Only you can take a call on how much serious you are about learning PS & Premier Pro.

Edit - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08WRF18SC
3060 12GB at 18.5k with SBI CC

Last edited:
Back