Pc vs workstation cost for animation and video rendering

kippu said:
rendering time 20% faster is highly desirable and that 50% money will be recouped in one animation where that 20% faster time comes into action
20% performance boost for 50% more money is not worth IMO...

Hades. said:
20% performance boost for 50% more money is not worth IMO...
In case you didn't notice, the performance boost was not being evaluated as a function of how much faster a video game would run. It was being evaluated in terms of an ACTUAL Return on Investment, given that the OPs target application is commercial usage.

stalker said:
In case you didn't notice, the performance boost was not being evaluated as a function of how much faster a video game would run. It was being evaluated in terms of an ACTUAL Return on Investment, given that the OPs target application is commercial usage.
I am not stopping OP from buying a processor with HT... i am just expressing my opinion... And if OP wanna buy an Intel Processor with HT then he shud happily buy it coz at the end of the day its his money... And

@sumeet

If u r looking to build two rigs one for gaming and one for rendering then i wud suggest u to buy intel i5 760/i5 2500K processor for gaming and for rendering rig Phenom II 1090T/i7 2600K

Alpha

I have no choice - none of these can get me the graphic card.

Gave a call to Nvidia - Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai depts.

Got the price for the card Rs 49,000 fx 4000 quadro. He will let me know the dealer in Kol by tomorrow.

Also got the Kolkata number after calling Delhi and Chennai for Gigabytes motherboard, will contact the person tomorrow.

I am not finding the cabinet though, can you name a substitute?

Got the computer today.

Waiting for the graphic card. Cannot plug in the dual monitor till I get the graphic card now.

Can any one tell me the price of Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate?

Heres the config

i7 950 3.03 Ghz quad core

Gigabyte X58 AUD7

Your one was not available and I couldn't wait any longer, already too late with my game work.

It has an inbuilt liquid cooler, 2 USB3 SLOTS AND 6 NORMAL USB.

cabinet - cooler master

The cabinet is double of my old cabinet, It has a big fan on the top, as well.

though I will need to clean it every 2 weeks, because its almost open from all sides.

GRAPHIC card nVIDIA Quadro fx 4000 - getting shipped from Delhi.

Asus DVD 24 x

2 Monitor - got HD LED LCD Lg 20 inch 2040t

PSU Cooler master 750 M

Just going to buy Windows 7 ultimate and looking for Wacom Intuos 4 graphic tablet.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Bought the Windows 7 Ultimate.

This is hilarious that a heavy duty Motherboard has no monitor connector slot.

Does it require some other kind of USB or similar connector?

coz X58 Chipset doesnt have IGP... So thats y the board that u bought doesn't have Video out ports...(DVI-D, VGA & HDMI)...

Good config. .

You've invested alot in graphics card and if your primary work is Graphics/Colors then I would suggest you to go for Apple's IPS display(excellent color gamut , highest PPI, HD Resolution) though its cost is significantly high (27" - 59700/-) but it worth every single paisa.

I use iMac 21.5 and Dell U2410 both have IPS panel, but one can easily figure out the difference between. TN monitor for Graphics work is old story. Rendering time can be compensated between coffees but make sure it is done with perfect color saturation. . .

Good luck..

Sumeet a.k.a NEO said:
Guys after a long wait the dealer in delhi has the graphic card.

Now he is giving me leadtek nvidia quadro graphic card, is this the same as the quadro graphic card on nvidia site?

Please let me know this soon as possible, links for both are here

Quadro 4000

Leadtek - We make dreams a reality

Leadtek - We make dreams a reality

K the new ones look the same but I just want to be sure before I spend 50 K

I need to make payment today.

Card looks fine but bargin a bit on price.

paul_p said:
Good config. .

You've invested alot in graphics card and if your primary work is Graphics/Colors then I would suggest you to go for Apple's IPS display(excellent color gamut , highest PPI, HD Resolution) though its cost is significantly high (27" - 59700/-) but it worth every single paisa.

I use iMac 21.5 and Dell U2410 both have IPS panel, but one can easily figure out the difference between. TN monitor for Graphics work is old story. Rendering time can be compensated between coffees but make sure it is done with perfect color saturation. . .

Good luck..
Yes Paul

If I find it in Kolkata, had a huge problem finding even these config part here.

Will get it for my second computer which I will buy 6 months - 1 yr down the line. Then interchange with my present display.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gaurish said:
Card looks fine but bargin a bit on price.
Man they giving me for less, the Bombay person was charging me 49,000 plus tax.

These are charging me 47,000 + tax.

Sumeet a.k.a NEO said:
Man they giving me for less, the Bombay person was charging me 49,000 plus tax.

These are charging me 47,000 + tax.
Well, in US card retails for 779 U.S. dollars = 35 480.051 Indian rupees. I am not saying that you will get it that cheap in India. But retailer sure does have fat margin, so haggle hard:p

Back