personal sale(mods note) sony ericsson w950i 20 days used for 17.5k only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should return everything back to him.. get your refund since he promised a "20 day" old phone.. lookin at the pics.. it seemed the phone was roughly used ..

get ur refund any how.. u never know.. something cud b internally wrong with the phone too..

Cheers & all the best.. I hope things go your way!

Guys, Thank you all for posting here.
I am really not satisfied in the way he has posted here, even it made me upset to an extent. What kind of a person will talk ill about others profession without any proof?? I don't know with how many lawyers MR. Viking has dealt with and how many have duped him or cheated him.
I have reported to the moderator to remove that post, but moderators are keeping silent.
Mr. Viking is doing only business here, moderators should take note of it, he is not here to share his knowledge or to gain knowledge. Almost 90% of his posting are in Market section only(out of 518 posts, he has posted only 61 posts in other sections).

As regards the phone issue, I have already asked him to take back the phone and return my money. But no reply from him.
He has claimed that its only a 20 day old phone, but its not. He never told that original accessories are not available.
Even after calling me with all worst names, I am waiting for him atleast to send the headphone and stylus.
I am not cribbing for a penny worth of matter as stated by Mr. Viking, the original SE Stylus costs more than 1000 rs and the headphone costs more than 1500 rs (with remote control connector). The sellet has stripped everthying from the phone and has called the phone as good as new.

I called the seller, he says he has shipped the stylus and earphone on 2.5.2007 by Blue dart, the ref number given by him is 1134168976. But till date I have not received it. Bluedart website shows this number as incorrect. You guys can check here Blue Dart Express Limited

Waybill No : 11341689505
Pickup Date 24 April 2007
From Mumbai
To Chennai
Status SHIPMENT DELIVERED
Date of Delivery 25 April 2007
Time of Delivery 12:45
Recipient Manoharan
This is the phones courier delivery report from bluedart website. Its prompt, it reached me next day morning. But why now it didnt reach me even after three days???

Seller has claimed that the courier charge was 400 rs, you can check what is the actual charges charged by the bluedart here BLUEDART EXPRESS LTD: Price Finder

I have called the seller again to confirm the way bill number, this time he has provided me with correct way bill no. 11341689516. It seems that the seller has written a wrong address.

gmano said:
It seems that the seller has written a wrong address.
you may call Bluedart customer service at 044-28271160/6718, 28241234 to get more details about address/delivery. Customer care guys are very helpful.

Damn ..

gmano dude.. be patient .. we are all wid u .. jst dnt loose ur cool or any strand of ur hair .. Inshallah things wil go ur way ..

Jst be the mature self that u hv been ...

^^^ Thanks buddy.
@tracerbullet, thanks for writing to the mods.
I feel same as you feel. Atleast mods could have deleted that particular post. I am not particular about banning the member.
I have also dealt with few members here, they are very genuine, people here want to help others genuinely.
If I want to take action against Mr. Viking I can take as he has spoken ill about not just me, entire lawyers. If I give a complaint to the Lawyers Association, they take action (you guys know what kind of action it will be). But I am not for it. I respect TE and its members at the same time I don't want some people to take advantage of the respect TE has got. If members allowed to post in a language, which Mr. Viking has used, it will bring down the reputation of the TE. One more thing I would like to say, I hope, this Forum is created for the purpose of sharing knowledge, main object is not Trade, please you guys put some restrictions on the professional traders (its not ebay), also allow others to ask questions to the traders (moderators are just like that deleting the posts which contains inforamations of latest price, etc), the may buyer may not be aware of many things, let others also help him to know about the actual position of the products on sale. Its not a ebay, where buyer to has to be aware otherswise he will be duped, is it not the duty of every member to disclose all the details in their sale?? If the seller is not disclosing the real facts, what does it mean?? is it not duping?

^^just don't ask to delete any post in this thread till the problem is solved and you totally satisfied. Also don't delete any PM/sent SMS/mail etc., if you call Seller from any STD center keep the bill with you.

Check the phone - using some code - i didn't recall - it will show you how old the handset is.

Best option is Seller need to return full money (without any Shipping deduction) as the product is not as per Detail given by seller prior to sell.

^^ I have not deleted any PMs. I will keep it, till the problem is solved.
Can anyone tell how to find, how old is the handset?
The month/year of Manufacturing as per box September 2006, Import month/year October 2006. Most probably the mobile would have been purchased in the month of October 2006 or atleast November 2006, not later than that. So the Mobile is atleast six months old, not 20 days as claimed by the seller. When I asked for the bill (purchase bill), he has blamed me (you can see his earlier post). to prove the fact that the mobile is only 20 days old, why this guy is not showing the purchase bill??

I have found how to find the manufacturing date of Sony Ericsson W series phones

Remove the battery
Look for 2 numbers, then W, the 2 numbers again, ex. 05W20
Phone was made in the 20th week of 2005

Mine is 06w42, so its manufactured in the 42nd Week of 2006.

gmano said:
^^^ Thanks buddy.
@tracerbullet, thanks for writing to the mods.
I feel same as you feel. Atleast mods could have deleted that particular post.

i think i edited out his comment.. we are not deleting posts or taking action only because we are waiting for this to get resolved

I have called the Bluedart today, they have refused to take my address and deliver the courier, reason: the sender has to send a email requeting them to deliver at the correct and the sender only can provide with correct address. After much persuation, they accepted to get address from me and deliver.
(Mr. Viking has not even written the address, he has just mentioned the id given here as my name and some road, Madras 42.)

I received the courier today evening. One stylus and charger in it. No earphone.
I am really fedup, the way in which the seller does everything.
I will write a detailed facts and post here, now I am very tired for the day.
Meanwhile, guys tell me what to do now? can I just leave the issue and be satisfied with what I have got?? What about the sellers attitude?

gmano said:
(Mr. Viking has not even written the address, he has just mentioned the id given here as my name and some road, Madras 42.)

SHOCKING...

I would say if you arent completely satisfied by the sale return the goods and ask for a refund minus the shipping charges...

Surely we cant have such a guy trading around here. What if some noob does a trade without checking on the sellers reputation?

Even a senior can get swindled dude. Thats what i mentioned in previous post. He has so many number of posts for his name and He does these things. And just coz we are saying the right things, he says please mind your own business

almost all his posts are in Market section only. How can those posts be counted as senior member in a knowledge based forum??
The main object of this forum is to share knowledge not trading.

gmano

Its unfortunate that things have come to this. Though it might sound too optimistic but demand a full refund sans the courier charges. Regarding taking legal recourse - well you know best.

Good luck!
Dhiman

i think all money including the courier expenses should be refunded back, this is like not a good sign for new people on te who would want to trade. i request mods to delete the entire thread onces the whole issue is solved as this will surely not encourage the new people to trade here.

and i hope all the problems are solved soon. best of luck gmano.

requesting that people not involved refrain from posting here, let them sort things out and dont cause any confusion

edit: banning anyone at this point serves no purpose since this thread seems to be the only medium of commnunication for mano and viking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back