Phone bought off olx locked after original owner did not pay the EMI

BMW/Merc already do this, they will lock the seat warmer unless you pay for monthly/yearly sunscription. Remember I baught the f&$in car, that's my hardware and they lock it behind paywall. I hope more of us take a stand against the bullshit spewed by big tech.
What subscription? Do you mean to tell me there are features in the car you have to subscribe for after you paid for the car :oops:

What subscription? Do you mean to tell me there are features in the car you have to subscribe for after you paid for the car :oops:
Yes they started this subscription thing last year but they’re yet to launch it here in India. Many more subs coming soon.

Locking seat warmer is still evil but lesser one. However, your car moving away from you cos you did not paid the emi. Damn another level evil.
The locking will happen in steps. The car will give warnings for days before doing anything. Seat warmers is the first step and driving away is the last. The financer has the right to take away the car if emi is not paid so nothing is new here.

I dont think so this will be implemented in India at least for small and mid size vehicles. But yes for bmw/audi/volvo etc. segment cars.
Indian govt. might oppose due to opposition from aam aadmi!
Govt. will first evaluate hows the current and past trends on car loans and banks here already seize houses and cars so not much of a worry factor.

I dont think so this will be implemented in India at least for small and mid size vehicles. But yes for bmw/audi/volvo etc. segment cars.
Indian govt. might oppose due to opposition from aam aadmi!
Govt. will first evaluate hows the current and past trends on car loans and banks here already seize houses and cars so not much of a worry factor.

This^ I don't think this will come in india (excluding imported and luxury cars) and that would not be because of govt, I think Indians have proved time and again that we might be poor and easy to herd around but we do recognize bullshit when we see it. Just to compare, US has just signed a bill to limit extra charges/fees by soul sucking organizations, Now almost 250 years of independence and they just realised this bullshit.

My point is government doing this in response to a backlash vs doing it because it's the right thing is the reason I don't trust these bastards.

As far I saw, if the phone already locked.. It does show on the lock screen by which finance service it has been locked with and phone is not usable..

If the emis are paid till the date before it was sold and there are emis remaining.. For samsung finance, there will be an app installed called samsung finance with administrative privilege which cant be uninstalled till the emis are cleared.. For tvs credit service you can check the tvs credit app in the device admin app ( attached image) .. For hdfc and hdb finance its mentioned in the original bill of the phone by which finance service it was financed with..

So key points to check before you buy from Olx is
1. If There are Any app installed with administrative privilege in Device admin app list (For Samsung Finance & TVS Credit Service - These 2 are Nasty..Cant unlock the phone in any way since the app doesn't let you Turn on USB DEBUGGING- My personal Experience)
2. For HDB & HDFC finance you need to check the Bill.. (I think For HDFC & BAJAJ , the buyer don't get affected if the Original buyer doesn't pay emis since there is no app to remote lock the phone) The Main Buyer will be solely responsible not for paying EMI
Hello sir, can you please tell which app is installed in case of idfc finance. Because I am going to buy a OnePlus pad(tablet) with pending emi ok idfc card.(Purchased in reliance digital store.)

Back