PiHole should be a must

Using latest version fo PiHole which is 5.2.1, Web Interface 5.2.1 and FTL 5.3.2 - After this update it lost the front page graphics.

How To get back 24 Hour Graphs - Please let me know.

Depv5Me.png
Maybe the update deleted all the history and logs.
I didn’t have any such issue with the update.
Give it a few hours to fill up.

Last edited:
Solved the 24 Hour Graph Problem - Required the restart for Pi-Hole interface.

So far issue faced and didn't able to rectify by looking at Log entry of the Pi-Hole because there is none.

(1) In the Office dot com for MS office 365 - When I'm inside the Account Area If there is Login Needed Pi-Hole will not allow the display the Password Page, Only Solution is to disable for a specific time.

(2) Pi-Hole will not allow opening yahoo mail login page no matter what - As usual no Log entry / Nothing. The solution is the same disable for 30 sec will work.

Solved the 24 Hour Graph Problem - Required the restart for Pi-Hole interface.

So far issue faced and didn't able to rectify by looking at Log entry of the Pi-Hole because there is none.

(1) In the Office dot com for MS office 365 - When I'm inside the Account Area If there is Login Needed Pi-Hole will not allow the display the Password Page, Only Solution is to disable for a specific time.

(2) Pi-Hole will not allow opening yahoo mail login page no matter what - As usual no Log entry / Nothing. The solution is the same disable for 30 sec will work.
Try adding these domains to whitelist.
I have yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com added to my whitelist.
For office I have office365.com officeclient.microsoft.com outlook.office365.com in my whitelist.

Try adding these domains to whitelist.
I have yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com added to my whitelist.
For office I have office365.com officeclient.microsoft.com outlook.office365.com in my whitelist.

Thanks for the reply,

Yahoo dot com and yahoo mail opening without any problem as my existing PI-Hole, In the yahoo mail login page I can type the ID and then the password and click 'Next" and then it says 'The site can't be reached' and the URL says something like below and lots of numbers and alphabet like authentication stuff.

https://guce.yahoo.com/consent?gcrumb=

On the other hand OutLook dot com worked fine....I can login to my MS Email account without any problem, can go to Office 365 but when I'm in the user area if I need to Log In again for any authentication then only it display 'the site can't be reached'

Try checking blocked queries from Query Log (http://<IP>/admin/queries.php and see if any domain relating to this gets blocked through Group list/Regex

Today it is blocking the Hotstar from every device - Web Browser, Andriod App, Fire TV Stick - All source.

Added 'bifrost-api.hotstar.com' and 'fireoscaptiveportal.com' in the whitelist but it is not working - The only solution to disable the PiHole to watch hot star.

Tried to add Hotstar dot com at the white list and it say there is no such site exists.

------------------

As per problem with previous post-Yahoo Mail somehow working now but when coming to Internal authentication of MS Office Website, there is no way and there is no entry in the log file also....similarly Sound Cloud & Hype Edit authentication (not Log IN) also not work...never.

Last edited:
Today it is blocking the Hotstar from every device - Web Browser, Andriod App, Fire TV Stick - All source.

Added 'bifrost-api.hotstar.com' and 'fireoscaptiveportal.com' in the whitelist but it is not working - The only solution to disable the PiHole to watch hot star.

Tried to add Hotstar dot com at the white list and it say there is no such site exists.

------------------

As per problem with previous post-Yahoo Mail somehow working now but when coming to Internal authentication of MS Office Website, there is no way and there is no entry in the log file also....similarly Sound Cloud & Hype Edit authentication (not Log IN) also not work...never.
Not on mine

------------------

Open the logs on pc and refresh it as soon as you launch hotstar on a mobile and see which queries are blocked, whitelist them one by one and see which one fixes the issue.
Thats what i do when I find myself in similar situation.
Please mind as soon as you ll try to launch hotstar you need to refresh the queries log page as well to know which domains were blocked in that instance.

May be a bit tedious but will take just a couple of mi utes to figure out and way better than switching off or disabling the pihole

I have set up Pi-hole as the DNS at a device level instead of directly at the router. That offers me a higher degree of control when issues like these happen. So there is no ad blocking on my two firesticks, htpc and my parents mobiles. But for the rest of the devices its active. At least this way I don't have to hear others complain :). When these issues do pop up, I tend to investigate as JMak mentioned above and whitelist.

Open the logs on pc and refresh it as soon as you launch hotstar on a mobile and see which queries are blocked, whitelist them one by one and see which one fixes the issue.
Thats what i do when I find myself in similar situation.
Please mind as soon as you ll try to launch hotstar you need to refresh the queries log page as well to know which domains were blocked in that instance.

May be a bit tedious but will take just a couple of mi utes to figure out and way better than switching off or disabling the pihole

Thank you for the response - Your trick worked, Now I'm able to play at least in my laptop, hope it will add other devices too.

whitelisted

securemedia.hotstar.com
api.hotstar.com

Thank you for the response - Your trick worked, Now I'm able to play at least in my laptop, hope it will add other devices too.

whitelisted

securemedia.hotstar.com
api.hotstar.com
See for greater relief from those adverts and stuff we have to devote some time in sorting these smaller things.
Believe me its totally worth
LOL i dont have pi or any other adblocking thing at router level at my clinic and it amazes me the amount of ads in every app.

Though i have a rooted android phone but I haven't installed magisk on it otherwise would have used those adblocking apps.

But pihole is indeed useful..
Whenever i ll be in the mood i ll try and install a personal mail server and samba nd may be kodi on my raspberry pi 4

Neat idea. Do you keep it on 24x7 ? How is the power consumption compared to the Pi ?
The Pi 4 consumed close to 10W in most cases. The tablet with Core M uses around 12-15W with the screen on, so overall it is quite efficient.

I keep it on for most of the day but have set up the scheduler to shut down the device at 2 am since it is of no use after that. Then, I usually switch it on first thing in the morning.

I just setup the Pihole, so far so good. Still testing and till now nothing broken. I am testing it on my laptop and Mobile by adding dns manually. Once I am comfortable I will enable on entire network.

Back