Piracy : Hot or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluffmaster said:
As I said, you cannot expect me to feel guilty about using pirated software because if I was feeling guilty, I wouldn't have used it in the first place. So in a way I have justified piracy to myself, every pirate has.

Well buddy, in that case, you would (or rather could) have just simply stopped after saying that you pirate because you can. That's the way of the pirate.

There was no need to tie some high and mighty noble cause to it like "I pirate software because I can help the poor and the needy with the money I so heroically avoided from paying those filthy developers and I am so great because of it" or some other lame thing like that unless you are trying to justify the action to be a good one.

I do agree that you may be justifying it for your self, as everyone who has a reason to feel guilty does it in fact. Even a terrorist who kills innocent people justifies his actions to himself in some way or the other to overcome his guilt and clear his conscience.

But as you may have noticed, the thread was talking about reasons for piracy, not about personal justifications for it (though that's where it seems to have ended up). There simply is no need to put your personal justification before others (especially with a justification as dramatic as yours) as that is just going to get you ridiculed the same way people here like to ridicule when terrorists put forth their silly personal justifications for killing people.

Anyway mods, I think this thread is not serving any purpose other than being a spam fest and a flame bait and I think its high time to put it to rest.

There was no need to tie some high and mighty noble cause to it like "I pirate software because I can help the poor and the needy with the money I so heroically avoided from paying those filthy developers and I am so great because of it" or some other lame thing like that unless you are trying to justify the action to be a good one.

I never said that. Read my post again. I said that hypothetically speaking, instead of paying thousands to purchase a game, it is better to borrow it and donate the same money to some charity to keep yourself Guilt-free ( if you are feeling guilty i.e ) That way you would actually feel good about yourself and do something noble at the same time.

I will not even reply to your other point as you have lost track of the discussion in the heat of it all. Linking Piracy to terrorism? Are you kidding me?

Bluffmaster said:
I said that hypothetically speaking, instead of paying thousands to purchase a game, it is better to borrow it and donate the same money to some charity to keep yourself Guilt-free ( if you are feeling guilty i.e ) That way you would actually feel good about yourself and do something noble at the same time.

If you have the money to purchase a software, then why don't you simply purchase it rather than being hell bent on not paying the developers for their effort, encourage others not to pay and then donate money to charity to keep yourself guilt free (if you are feeling guilty) and then feel that you have done something noble at the same time, while the developer out there is magically minting money and becoming filthy rich even though every one is pirating and no one buying their software?

That doesn't make sense to me, if have the money and feel guilty about ripping off the developers, then just buy the damned software and you will not feel guilty. :p

So that just shows the fact that people pirate only if they cannot afford or do want want to buy software.

People who cannot afford software cannot do much even if they feel guilty and people who do not want to buy software even when they can simply shows that they do not have any guilt feelings.

Bluffmaster said:
I will not even reply to your other point as you have lost track of the discussion in the heat of it all. Linking Piracy to terrorism? Are you kidding me?

Right... !!, Stealing is lower on a morality/crime scale compared to murder. So stealing somehow lost its criminal nature and became a nobler act before a much more criminal murder (even though both are illegal), and therefore the two should not be compared on similar terms . :crazy:

LOL.. Its really funny to hear the Justifications people give to make piracy look like a perfectly logical and moral thing to do. :rofl:

Guess this is my last post :p lol

Just as an aside to Bluffmaster, piracy is mostly run by organised crime syndicates. You think a local pirate/ proponent like u has the resources to make a million copies of a software and distribute it all over the world while avoiding the law? Fat chance. And where does the money go? Maybe drugs, prostitution, terrorism, arms racketeering etc? How do we know/ check that the measly 50 bux we're paying for a pirated CD/DVD has not contributed directly/ indirectly to the local bomb wala?

After going through this thread, I tried to justify the piracy, but NO CHANCE. :hap5: I cannot.
:) PIRACY NO NO TAUBA TAUBA :)

But again what is the effect of piracy on the world. Now Answer 3 question in your view.(Only answer to the question don't start pointing REMEMBER WE ARE ALL HERE LEARNED FOOLS) here :tongue:

Will the Internet will be interesting without it?
Will the craze for the hardware will remain the same without it?
Finally
Do you feel will WINDOWS can hold the ground without it?
My view tomorrow let me think Yaar!!!!!:)

akiso said:
Will the Internet will be interesting without it? YES
Will the craze for the hardware will remain the same without it? NO this is a close one but it will slow it down
Finally
Do you feel will WINDOWS can hold the ground without it?HELL NO
. .

People here just love to spam don't they :bleh: lol(ofcourse including me)

@scare

read the post correct. my post was meaningful. NONE OF my 100s of s/w engineer frnds know abt KMD ok or any for all matter.its a different service.its not a means for anything reltd to this thread. I agree to your posts..i agree to most of em. what more you want?. :).

a counter argument will be made for a valid post, in my sense.

@ All..

This thread has been a success actually..ppl are torn coz it hurts ones morale..and one doesnt care abt that..so in a sense..it exists..

MODS Please..close the thread. this is my third request. be a dear. :)..

Jerin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back