Pixel 7 thread

Just curious as to why Spigen is glorified in your view?
Yeah, the Spigen cases are not much better than the general purpose ones as per my experience over the years.

It started with the transparent cases that yellowed out in just a month and then the flip ones which start dangling within a few months. It is not as if you get better quality compared to generic ones.

Some of them might have a better design, but also come with a lot of heft. Not really worth the premium.

When it comes to Spigen, one has to stick to lineups that are known to be reliable and solid. Never really liked their ultra thin cases. The rugged ones are among the best.

You should see Caseology case that I am using on iphone 13. Looks very very good. Did try generic cases now and then. Got bored of spigen case as it is six months old and got a 100 rupee transparent case in nearby shop. If I compare both, the Caseology case looks so much better and has much better grip. Also, there are many generic cases that block magsafe charging. No such issue with current ultra thin generic case and the fat spigen case (meant for rugged safety).

ACS04028-00_1000x.jpg

Caselogy case spoiled my phone :( My pixel 4a has kind of plastic back and this case left a physical impressions in the back which cannot be removed :( I'm sending this phone to US for trade in, hope they accept without issues.

CASEOLOGY Back Cover For Google Pixel 4a ( TPU|Black ) https://amzn.eu/d/fdN5w7y

Have super cheap cases for iPhone 13, iPhone 13 pro and S21FE... All going well.

Now looking for similar ones for pixel 7 pro.

Caselogy case spoiled my phone :( My pixel 4a has kind of plastic back and this case left a physical impressions in the back which cannot be removed :( I'm sending this phone to US for trade in, hope they accept without issues.

CASEOLOGY Back Cover For Google Pixel 4a ( TPU|Black ) https://amzn.eu/d/fdN5w7y

Have super cheap cases for iPhone 13, iPhone 13 pro and S21FE... All going well.

Now looking for similar ones for pixel 7 pro.
Chipping as if the paint is coming of in small dots? Last I have seen this was with plastic or metal back (iPhone 6, Moto G 5th gen). I believe this is a common issue when you combine some materials. Apple replaced my iPhone 6 as I purchased the case (some brand that i do not remember) at Apple Store. Used Moto G 5th gen with some generic case. No issues with the 13 though (with Caseology and generic cases). With iPhone 13 though, I see micro scratches (few friends too noticed them) that you can see when light reflects off. Probably side effect of Victus which is prone to scratches.

Any decent transparent case for 14PM ? Spigen turned yellow in a month. Using ESR, and the sides are again turning yellow.
Don't wanna use Apple's official case as bottom of the phone is not covered properly.

Any decent transparent case for 14PM ? Spigen turned yellow in a month. Using ESR, and the sides are again turning yellow.
Don't wanna use Apple's official case as bottom of the phone is not covered properly.
Any soft transparent case will turn yellow (unless it is made of hard material). You will see that in few days for most generic cases. Better apply a dbrand skin and then apply case. Check cases from Spigen, Ringke etc.
Here it is,

View attachment 152175

In general glass based backs are fine. It's only plastic or metals has issues with cases.
Lol. You case gave new design to your phone.

Any soft transparent case will turn yellow (unless it is made of hard material). You will see that in few days for most generic cases. Better apply a dbrand skin and then apply case. Check cases from Spigen, Ringke etc.

Lol. You case gave new design to your phone.

I did try Spigen and ESR as mentioned in the previous post. The back stays transparent (as it's polycarbonate), but the sides are turn yellow (as they are TPU).
Apple's transparent case is totally PC, hence hard, but brittle + poor south side protection.

Any suggestions for pixel 7 pro case and screen protector? Looking for cheaper one, not those expensive glorified spigen likes.
Ended up getting, screen protector from amazon (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0BL14KPZC)
and case from dailyobjects (https://www.dailyobjects.com/dailyo...f=pid~BLK-FRSTD-CLR-GO-PIXEL7PRO&s=referer~lp)

Both seems to be good value for me, at least the case. Daily object had 1 + 1 offer, but they shipped only one case, raised support request for now. Had good experience with them earlier for apple watch straps.

How is reception on Pixel 7s? Is it comparable with iPhones? Pixels have the worst reception amongst flagships, presumably due to the low SAR. Please enlighten.

What are the possible SIM configurations available on the Pro?

I currently have 2 physical nano SIMs, primary Airtel as SIM 1 and secondary Jio as SIM 2.

Can I use both physical nano SIMs on the Pro?

If not, which will need to be converted to eSIM keeping in mind Airtel is primary and Jio secondary and I prefer to keep the Airtel one as physical?

BTW what is the process to convert to eSIM for both Airtel and Jio? Can I do it online for both or do I have to visit a store?

AFAIK, it's 1 physical and 1 esim. So as per your requirement, jio would need to be converted to esim.
Regarding process, I would go to the store if it's nearby just to ensure the concerned person is available should there be any hiccups later on.

So in the Pro either the physical slot or eSIM can be set as primary depending on whether I want my Airtel SIM to be primarily number and I want to convert my Jio number to eSIM and set it as secondary?

Or does it not make a difference (not required) which SIM is primary or secondary?

you can just use 2 esims too - convert online by sendind sms it takes 2 mins and youll get your esim in 5-10 mins over email

Back