Pixel 9 Pro XL vs Samsung S24 Ultra | Super confused

Based on OPs requirements, I will suggest to go with:

• Pixel 9 Pro XL

• Samsung S24 Ultra

• Others

Results are only viewable after voting.
EVERYTIME when a new pixel launches they say all of the issues have been sorted. And then a few months later when the non fanboys have had enough time with the phone.. all these issues come out.

NEVER TRUST PIXEL REVIEWS.

in the end @honest1 listen to what your heart wants, it looks like you are fixated on Pixel 9 Pro, then just grab it, will you kinda regret it a couple months down the line? yeah but for those first months you'll love it, it was the same with me too, my mind said NP 1 for the increased storage/support but the heart said Edge 30 fusion (I fell in love with its looks), and while I kinda regret the decision now running into storage issues and the curved display bullshit, I still enjoy the looks more than I'd like to admit it.

For a phone that expensive, either it'll last you for ages or it'll shit the bed in a couple of months with just a small bump, either ways service center wont be of much help and you'll anyways need to cough up major money for repairs be it Samsung or Google, and personally I've never phones get back to 100% even after being repaired by Service centers, there's always some little niggles.

Only thing, I would suggest is to hold on a couple months, both for prices to fall and proper reviews to come out.

What I dont love in Pixel series:
- High prices (but there is an option to get it from US, sacrificing the warranty :( )
- hard to get it repaired
If you live in the US then a pixel is worth considering. There are usually other bundled deals that make pixel attractive but are partially to entirely missing outside the US.

Pixel should not even be in your list

Impeccable camera (I know, whatever I will shoot, the photos will turn out to be good only)
They used to say this about iphones too. Teach yourself how to use a camera. You're supposed to be the one with a brain. The phone is just a dumb tool.

in the end @honest1 listen to what your heart wants, it looks like you are fixated on Pixel 9 Pro, then just grab it, will you kinda regret it a couple months down the line? yeah but for those first months you'll love it, it was the same with me too, my mind said NP 1 for the increased storage/support but the heart said Edge 30 fusion (I fell in love with its looks), and while I kinda regret the decision now running into storage issues and the curved display bullshit, I still enjoy the looks more than I'd like to admit it.

For a phone that expensive, either it'll last you for ages or it'll shit the bed in a couple of months with just a small bump, either ways service center wont be of much help and you'll anyways need to cough up major money for repairs be it Samsung or Google, and personally I've never phones get back to 100% even after being repaired by Service centers, there's always some little niggles.

Only thing, I would suggest is to hold on a couple months, both for prices to fall and proper reviews to come out.
You kind of nailed it and to be very honest, my heart is for Pixel but mind says S24U :)
Will definitely wait atleast for BBD to decide and might take an old generation like P8pro or S23U as I believe in value.
Many thanks !
They used to say this about iphones too. Teach yourself how to use a camera. You're supposed to be the one with a brain. The phone is just a dumb tool.

I guess after unsolicited advise, unsolicited preaching is "in" these days !
But to answer your question, Yes, I have teached myself how to use camera and I also know that they are dumb !

With all due respect, here is what it is.
Camera phones should be the one, which should definitely have the capability to shoot within seconds and thats why they are there !
The phones are the ones which are mostly used for spontaneous photograhpy and for anything else, there could be another gear as well. (including the camera phones as well since now they can handle complex photography as well).

Anyways, just look at this picture, this was taken couple of years back with Pixel 6, our car was travelling at 60 kmph and mostly the other car is also travelling at the same speed.
Colours, brightness, etc all can be adjusted but the important point is there is no blurr, which is very difficult to rectify in post processing.

This is just an example, in real life, there are so many instances, where the picture to be taken within seconds and all the gyaan about photography doesnt matter!

1.jpg

Last edited:
You kind of nailed it and to be very honest, my heart is for Pixel but mind says S24U :)
Will definitely wait atleast for BBD to decide and might take an old generation like P8pro or S23U as I believe in value.
Many thanks !

But to answer your question, Yes, I have teached myself how to use camera and I also know that they are dumb !

Camera phones should be the one, which should definitely have the capability to shoot within seconds and thats why they are there !
The phones are the ones which are mostly used for spontaneous photograhpy and for anything else, there could be another gear as well. (including the camera phones as well since now they can handle complex photography as well).

Anyways, just look at this picture, this was taken couple of years back with Pixel 6, our car was travelling at 60 kmph and mostly the other car is also travelling at the same speed.
Colours, brightness, etc all can be adjusted but the important point is there is no blurr, which is very difficult to rectify in post processing.

This is just an example, in real life, there are so many instances, where the picture to be taken within seconds and all the gyaan about photography doesnt matter!
might wanna remove the photo, you are doxxing yourself with the number plate

S23 Ultra creates oversaturated images. Samsung softened it with S24 Ultra. Pixel 8 Pro on the other hand has the famous modem and battery drain issue (not for all though). Better stick to S24 Ultra or Pixel 9 Pro XL models.

S23 Ultra creates oversaturated images. Samsung softened it with S24 Ultra. Pixel 8 Pro on the other hand has the famous modem and battery drain issue (not for all though). Better stick to S24 Ultra or Pixel 9 Pro XL models.
Thats true, this modem was not that good. Just to give perpective, I have used Pixel 7 earlier and although it was not that bad, but still it was an issue.

I'm used to it from xda where i was brutal with those morons.
Ok but there is still a gap in your knowledge
Where does this assumption come from because it sure as hell does not exist in the camera world where components and equipment are way more capable.

Its always come down to who was behind the camera and not what camera. If you know what kind of shot you prepare.

But smartphone community seems to think they can redefine things. In ten years I'm still seeing people worried about camera which stopped being an issue at least five years ago.
And why is that you think?

With manual settings this was doable circa 2016 when such capability was user selectable. Even without there were tricks you could use. Which would be way better than relying on auto.

View attachment 207591
Always matters. And there is nothing unique in this photo. You have enough time to set things up. Where people usually complain is with children. The pixel will help there with auto but these days even a midranger has settings you can tweak to get the shot.

All to say you don't have to be fixated on a phone because of its camera.

I'm used to it from xda where i was brutal with those morons.

Ok but there is still a gap in your knowledge

Where does this assumption come from because it sure as hell does not exist in the camera world where components and equipment are way more capable.

Its always come down to who was behind the camera and not what camera. If you know what kind of shot you prepare.

But smartphone community seems to think they can redefine things. In ten years I'm still seeing people worried about camera which stopped being an issue at least five years ago.

And why is that you think?

With manual settings this was doable circa 2016 when such capability was user selectable. Even without there were tricks you could use. Which would be way better than relying on auto.

Always matters. And there is nothing unique in this photo. You have enough time to set things up. Where people usually complain is with children. The pixel will help there with auto but these days even a midranger has settings you can tweak to get the shot.

All to say you don't have to be fixated on a phone because of its camera.
Right, I consider myself on the learning path and the gap of knowledge is always useful for me to gain more. I am happy that you have reached the stage where you can call yourself fully knowledgeable. :blush:

Equipments do matter a lot and its all about situation. If there is enough time, good photos can be taken from a bad camera and vice versa. However, as I mentioned, camera phones should be first treated as instant photograpy equipments and they should be able to handle that quick situation properly.

For the image, I really wonder whether you have read my comment or not, since you mentioned that I had enough time to set things up !
I believe you read that I was in car, which was running and also the other car, which was equally running in the opposite direction and then, there was the bridge behind it and also the sunset!
If you think that 2 seconds are enough for setting things up, I consider myself slow then !
And as I again written, this image was just as example and there are other situations including the one with kids, which you have mentioned.

Also, I am yet to come across any mid-rangers who can take these photos without any blurr.

Anyways, lets not spoil each other day and rest this discussion here about knowledge of photography and I am fine to be considered as dump here.

However, as I mentioned, camera phones should be first treated as instant photograpy equipments and they should be able to handle that quick situation properly.
If sensors on top cameras can be tricked in non ideal conditions what makes you think a phone camera can do better. This is not a realistic expectation. Impromptu shots are always a gamble.
For the image, I really wonder whether you have read my comment or not, since you mentioned that I had enough time to set things up !
I believe you read that I was in car, which was running and also the other car, which was equally running in the opposite direction and then, there was the bridge behind it and also the sunset!
I don't know what your intent is with that photo. Artistic? in which case what i said applies.

Or emergency? where you have little time, need that license plate to be clear and you have only one hand with which to do it. You cant fiddle with settings in that case. This is an exception though. Your odds are 50-50 it will be clear. Still better than most others.
Also, I am yet to come across any mid-rangers who can take these photos without any blurr.
Not with auto. Even the S24 won't manage it. But in manual yes the midranger will get it or any other. My k zoom from 2014 could do it.

You still haven't figured out how have you.

Hint. What setting should I change to get it without blur?

Any idea guys how much discsount should be expected in the BBD/Amazon sale on all the phones below?

Samsung S24U : CMP: 1.06L
Pixel 9 XL Pro: 1.25 L
Pixel 8 Pro: 1.06L

All 256 GB variant

As a former pixel user, let me just warn you: never buy that phone ! as you said, support sucks :) Samsung UI is improving and yes S25 is definitely going to be a good option

So , similar question, since pixel 7 is available on Flipkart for around 30k and 1 year old 2nd hand around 20k , is it worth it to get new or old? Or look for something else when budget is 30k?

Back