PlayStation 4 - News, Rumors & Speculations

With easy share buttons you could have a lot of techenclave gameplay videos next year w/o the editing.

I just hope it stops recording when I enter account details or type Ina password. :)

LOL at all the n00bs thinking no console was announced because they didn't display it. They have put forth all the technical specifications and showed the new controller too. How the console looks is moot at this point except for what its design on the outside would look like, it's just a plastic box after all.

You wot m8?

They didn't specify which cpu it was gonna use, no mention of the gpu either, nothing about the price either. All they showed were a bunch of pre-rendered cutscenes and some vague indications about its features while spouting buzzwords like there was no tomorrow. Only an idiot would in any way feel hyped about the non-event that it friggin was.

You wot m8?

They didn't specify which cpu it was gonna use, no mention of the gpu either, nothing about the price either. All they showed were a bunch of pre-rendered cutscenes and some vague indications about its features while spouting buzzwords like there was no tomorrow. Only an idiot would in any way feel hyped about the non-event that it friggin was.

What should matter to you is that they have gone back to PC architecture and that you can expect all multi-platform games on PS3.

How does it matter if it is a modified/enhanced version of 6670 or whatever, maybe to a PC "Builder", but not to majority of console people out there.
Same babble of baboons who keep ranting on about Specs and what not.

I think anybody who was expecting a H/W reveal or Pricing info was expecting too much. Keep Up.

The feature that was most interesting to me is the suspend/resume feature. If it works even close to what my 3DS/Vita have, it will hugely increase my console gaming time.

As of this time, no single exclusive they showed looks interesting to me. The same with Wii U (I was going to buy that for Rayman Origins, but now I can wait for the release on other consoles/PC). Lets see what new IPs MS has in store.

Shuhei Yoshida,President of Sony's Worldwide Studios for Sony Computer Entertainment Inc has just confirmed that, like for PS3 games, PSN titles won't be transferrable to the PlayStation 4.

PSN purchases will not carry over to PlayStation 4 - Destructoid

One can play ps3 games on the PS4, but via streaming only.

And we all know the speeds of connections we got.

Oh lovely move Sony..
Abs in sync with no BC for ps4.

Pricing -> GBP 400/-
http://www.shopto.net/video games/ps4/PS4HW00-playstation-4-console

A hilarious take of a summary :lol: :-

You wot m8?

PS4 is based on a "supercharged PC architecture," with a X86 processor, and a PC type GPU with 8GB of GDDR5 unified high-speed memory. What more do you need sir? The baselines are all covered, the exact specifications will be revealed at a later date, but this doesn't mean that the console was not announced or anything significant was left out. The controller which was revamped was revealed too, and apart from that a few games which will be available on launch.

If the PS4 is based on x86, then that's good news for the PC community because porting will be a lot simpler and developers wouldn't make such a hash out of it.

Yes did especially mentioned that code base for ps4 games would be closer to pc so porting would be easier

You wot m8?

What more specs do you need?

ps4-specs.png

Attachments

• ps4-specs.jpg
    ps4-specs.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 153
Lol not only hilarious.Thats the reality.:lol:

And hence i mentioned Summary ;)
I was watching the live show and the people were yakkin so much, it was clear they either didnt had too much to show or were inspired by apple inc's show sans the keywords.

Also, try not to quote images/vids unnecessarily. :)

Again there is no clarity as to what they are planning. I thought it was instant play while the game downloads. Now they say it won't download? Hmmm. ISPs must be laughing a dastardly laugh.
Microsoft's always Internet-on Xbox looks like a possibility now.

They prolly meant purchase afresh from the new psn store and then that will be instant play ?

Ideally, they should have either allowed heavy discounts to people with ps3 versions of the game.. be it while purchasing the new iteration or old one remastered for ps4.
OR
They should allow selling of psn accounts.

MS really has a good opportunity to score some brownie pts..

As stated on Wednesday, the APU will consist of eight x64 AMD "Jaguar" cores and a next-generation Radeon GPU comprised of 18 "compute units" capable of cranking out 1.84 teraflops. This chip will be backed by 8 GB of unified GDDR5 RAM (17 GB/sec of bandwidth), a built-in HDD, USB 3.0, a Blu-ray optical drive, Gigabit Ethernet, Wireless N and more. Note that a Radeon HD 7970 is rated at 3.5 teraflops.

AMD Elaborates on PS4's Custom ''Jaguar'' APU

I highly doubt Microsoft capability to match any of those features, but yes they will market the hell out of their product. My Xbox lies dormant.

You wot m8?

On show late night with jimmy fallon, they played n showed ps4 killzone. So it was not pre-rendered cutscenes.

Back