PlayStation 4 - News, Rumors & Speculations

Saw the Watch Dogs and Killzone Shadow fall footage and fell in love with it instantly, can't wait for the PS4. Lets see what Microsoft does to the next gen Xbox. Waiting eagerly for both of them

Battlefield 4 confirmed for next-gen release

Battlefield 4 has been billed as one of EA’s big next-gen launches, according to EA Labels President Frank Gibeau.

Last week, EA announced lay-offs at its Los Angeles and Montreal sites, prompting a statement from Gibeau on the matter.

In a blog post entitled “Transition is our Friend”, Gibeau had this to say about Battlefield 4:
“For EA’s creative teams, this transition comes as no surprise. We’ve been investing and innovating on new technology for months. Console partners who have seen our early work agree, EA’s next-gen software is nothing short of astonishing.
“At a GameStop company meeting earlier this week, we gave 500 store managers a sneak peak at Battlefield 4. The game received a huge ovation and thousands of fans reacted to a single enthusiastic Tweet by GameStop’s CEO.”

Gibeau’s statement confirms that Battlefield 4 is heading to next-gen, a move that should come as little surprise, given EA’s clear statement that a new Battlefield game would launch in 2014.

Source: Battlefield 4 confirmed for next-gen release | VG247

There were live tweets from the media present there that it was a person playing but nothing specific to Watch dogs. Any links?

Given that music has generalised into most of a streaming sort of platform it hardly matters. Its good that they are removing whatever is of needless excess and hope that they pass the benifit to the consumers.

Sniper Elite 3 announced for current, next-gen

Sniper Elite 3 is headed to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and next-generation platforms in 2014. Publisher 505 Games doesn’t have much to say about the title yet, but IGN reports it claimed 1.1 million sales of Sniper Elite V2, which launched in April 2012. Developer Rebellion holds the property rights, so it’s reasonably likely to self-publish a PC version, as it did with the previous game.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/13/sniper-elite-3-announced-for-current-next-gen/

how does that matter?do you actually think ps4 cannot run watchdogs?buddy by the end of this generation ps4 exclusives would probably be on par with avatar level cgi.
you quote my post after 3 mths just to say this? well buddy, did I say it cannot run? Just that they show it running on pc on their console launch is .........well, disappointing (in case you need to look up Bummer)

I doubt Avatar like Quality ... even with Sega's working title. When PS2 first came out ... there were brags of it delivering Toy story like Quality .. which is still absent today, even with all the advancements today ( uber PC rig to PS4 or Xbox infinity ) ... But only time will tell, one thing which can prove me wrong .....could be the next gen's memory advancement. 8GB @DDR5 speeds could render Hi-Def Textures to bone crunching Visuals , even with current PS4's GPU.

( The best part was when Nintendo said its N64 could meet upto Jurrasic park & Terminator 2 Qualities :p )

PS4 consoles priced at $399.

Existing PS+ membership carries over to PS4. Instant Game Collection to remain as it is.

Multiplayer will reqire PS+ subscription but comes with tons of free games so cant compare to the XBLA service.

I just can't believe the pricing! 400USD?! :dead:

The next Uncharted title is exclusive to the PS4 woot! And used titles work as usual. Pure win!

Looks like Sony ate MS for breakfast, lunch and dinner! :hilarious:

I just can't believe the pricing! 400USD?! :dead:

The next Uncharted title is exclusive to the PS4 woot! And used titles work as usual. Pure win!

Looks like Sony ate MS for breakfast, lunch and dinner! :hilarious:
Darn, the pricing is very good. Hope that it comes down further after a year or so.

Back