Playstation Plus - Discussion Thread

@kauzy - Thanks. I did check with the error code and it seemed that the problem occurs when installing at 14% for various games and most of them have mentioned an ISP error, settings in router or settiing uPnP as disabled in PS3... The list goes on.

I tried them nothing worked. I also found out that at times server have corrupt files or due to an improper continue this might occur.

For the first issue I asked you for the Url. Since your download works and I will use the same url the new download should work for me.
The second issue is unavoidable because every time we set the url in Proxy server and do Pause/Resume it starts from 0 the moment it clicks. The number of attempts is unknown at any point.

May be something went wrong while I was downloading it, never had problems before.

@kauzy - No issues mate. On my way back today. I have asked a friend to download it on my behalf. He too is a psn+ member so it should benefit us both. Will collect it from him when I see him next.

Finally I can play Grid 2, downloaded it will transfer and install tomorrow (errr... today). I was not sure whether I wanted to buy it but won't shy away from it when it's handed out free (not exactly free but for a minute fee).

For those who use the Proxy method and are tired of Pause and Resume and entering new IP address till one clicks.

The Url that we get appears like this - http://ares.dl.playstation.net/cdn/...9&serverIpAddr=122.169.123.95&downloadType=bg

The only value that varies is the server Ip address - 122.169.123.95 and the only part that changes is the last bit. The range is generally a random value between 75-99.

Steps to reduce the headache -
  • Simply delete the config file or rename the file before you start. This way you don't have any paths configured in 'Replace Files' tab.
  • After the first pause and resume copy the url you get in logs.
  • Do not add this directly and map a file to it. Break the url into 3 parts -
  • Open Excel and copy the 3 parts in cell A1, B1 and C1 respectively. Concat the values of A1, B1 and C1 in the adjacent cell or cell E1 to distinguish it.
  • Drag the values till 95. Mind you even though the values start from 75 and go all the way to 99 most values are between the 80 and 95.
  • Copy all the values between 80 and 95, map files to them and try pause and resume.
  • The download should start from your PC. If not one or two attempts might be required but you need map any other address.
Enjoy!!!

Does anyone have any idea why PSN+ IGC games have been delayed this month?

Is 'Monster Hunter Freedom Unite' for EU region?

I paid, PAID for this game when it came out 2 years back. Hardly played 2 hours. Along with RE6. Preordered both. Never ever again. :)

Back