Please help me find a Hir-res speakers and sub

.. and upgrade it with a 12" sub later
This seems to be the consensus view.

How many have done that? Buy the speakers first and later the sub.

I'm of the view if you don't get the sub at the start you will never get it later. Because you will continuously convince yourself that what you have is good enough already

i have travelled a long way in Home theater
it all started with 2 speakers now i have a dedicated room with 7.1.4 atmos audio
i have stopped going to theater for the past 6 years :)

Attachments

• IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 49
it all started with 2 speakers now i have a dedicated room with 7.1.4 atmos audio
Damn, that is an aspirational man cave, if there was one. I have been dreaming about a multi speaker Atmos set-up for ages but don't think it will become a reality until retirement.

Damn, that is an aspirational man cave, if there was one. I have been dreaming about a multi speaker Atmos set-up for ages but don't think it will become a reality until retirement.
just start slow with u r investment u will definitely reach it my friend
1st i bought 2 speakers and kept adding

I've seen that first photo before. Some years ago maybe

Did you buy anything?
I am in the same situation (20k budget) yet to buy due to high prices everywhere.
Edifier R1855DB seems to be the best choice in powered speakers.
Think about buying passive speakers with amplifier.
Some people suggested to buy used bookshelf speakers and Aiyima or Fosi amp to go with it. That would be best for our budget.
I did not get any good local deals so I am still searching.

Subwoofer won't fit in your budget, get speakers first and save money & add sub in future. Do research on supported speakers/amp for subwoofer.

1st extend u r budget buy a pair of towers like these
Oh c'mon, what are you recommending? I think you have gone a bit over the top here, LOL. My brother recently bought a 5.1 Home theatre with Polk T-series setup + HTS12 + Denon amp. It costed him 1.5L and OP's entire budget is 15K, he would need at least 40K just for a pair of T50 towers + amp.

OP it seems you have 2 main requirements, Deep bass and hi-res audio. Basically you are asking for high quality for all frequencies low, mids & highs. Short answer is you can't get it for 15K (Unless it's a headphone then yes). While you can get decent mids, you'll have to compromise either with highs or lows (bass)

Good mids + lows: Go with Logitech Z623 (Obage. Sony, JBL - home theater or sounbars are pretty much the same)
Good mids + Highs: Go with a decent bookshelf speaker
OR
Good Low + Mids + Highs: Go with Edifier R1280DBs or Edifier R1700BTs and buy a T5 Sub later which comes about 30K total.

One exception I can think of is M-Audio BX8 D3. They are one of the few studio monitors with 8 inch driver at this price, so 2 8in driver may compensate for the Bass needs. Maybe someone can give feedback on these. JBL Professional Nano K8 is another one.

Last edited:
Back