Budget 51-70k Please suggest best combination for High Config PC

A waste of money.... Unless you start off with Quadro2000 at least (which costs upwards of 27K)!

Quadro's [and Tesla's] are usually meant for 24x7 rendering jobs and work best with the Xeon/X79 architecture. If OP has no commercial interests from building this RIG then there is no point in going for the quadro.

The suggested Asus 650Ti is total VFM.

[dunno but does newegg deliver to Jeddah ?]

Cheers
Terry

just FYI from newegg site;
Newegg.com does not ship internationally. We ship within the United States and to Puerto Rico and APO/FPO addresses only.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Alpha17...

Lil over the budget i can manage...
I trying for make a RIG... which should be stable for next atleast 2-3 years...
by this Wednesday I have to finalize atleast the main compo... coz in the weekend (THU-FRI) I am planning to purchase...
Motherboard i am confused..... please suggest which can handle my need and simple OC.

Lil over the budget i can manage.
I trying for make a RIG. Stable for next atleast 2-3 years.
Motherboard i am confused. Please suggest which can handle my need and simple OC.

Have you ever tried over-clocking earlier?

The stock Core i5 / i7 models will easily last you ~3 years but seriously expecting a RIG that feels exactly the same (in raw performance) when compared DAY 1 --> DAY x is holding on for too much.

So again I ask you how much 'extra' is okay for you? Because over-clocking means extra money for a -k marked processor, a decent Z77 based motherboard and finally extra cash on a third-party cooler, the cabinet must be top-notch in the airflow department else things will get hot under the collar.

No.. I haven't done OC..ever...
I just want keep that option for... as and when need arises.
another 10-20k... i think i can manage... due to limited options available here... i am trying to buy compo... with best compatibility...
right now i want complete the main system....monitor i'll buy later..... my current monitor is just 1 yr old.. and has good resolution..

Have you ever tried over-clocking earlier?

The stock Core i5 / i7 models will easily last you ~3 years but seriously expecting a RIG that feels exactly the same (in raw performance) when compared DAY 1 --> DAY x is holding on for too much.

So again I ask you how much 'extra' is okay for you? Because over-clocking means extra money for a -k marked processor, a decent Z77 based motherboard and finally extra cash on a third-party cooler, the cabinet must be top-notch in the airflow department else things will get hot under the collar.

another 10-20k... i think i can manage... due to limited options available here... i am trying to buy compo... with best compatibility...
right now i want complete the main system....monitor i'll buy later..... my current monitor is just 1 yr old.. and has good resolution..

Okay go for the following --

Intel Core i5 3570k + Cooler Master Hyper T4 / 212 EVO
GIGABYTE-Z77X-D3H
nVidia GTX650Ti
[rest components same as earlier]

I don't know how many times i have recommended people to not buy the latest from intel.. sure they perform 20% more on benchmarks and heat up lesser, but for someone who is on a budget.. the AMD FX-8350 should do the job, why?

8350 is as good as the i5 3570k and cheaper, has more physical cores and a high end motherboard for a AMD processor is cheaper compared to a high end Intel motherboard.

And u might say i'm a AMD fanboy, no i'm not! i have never owned a AMD graphics card or a processor.. I have an i7 2600k and a 560ti, the 2600k does the job but it doesnt do anything a fx 8350 wont do.

Also you dont need overclocking with AMD, its already clocked at 4.0ghz default.. so that saves you additional cooling heatsink costs. 12k

Mobo? the ASUS Crosshair Formulae V - the best out there it has Supreme FX sound chipset which is as good as a very low sound budget card and it can tri-sli.. name one board in 15k budget that can tri-sli, even if it can.. i'm not sure its not anywhere close to this one, Value for money ii would say. 15.5k

Cabinet? from what i read you want a fancy looking computer and i agree its pretty flattering when your friends come and they see this full tower cabinet just sitting there on your dusk! i have a NZXT Phantom <- totally not worth the money, doesnt support water cooling which i was planning to do and i failed on the research! :p i was blinded by the looks of it haha.. but i would recommend the Corsair 650D its about 8.5k, it looks sexy and has water cooling support and that side window is just the most perfect window you can have on a side panel, even the HAF X has a shitty window with that fan blocking the view lol. :p 8.5k

RAM? G.kill RipjawsX or Corsair Vengeance atleast 8GB (4GB X 2) 1600mhz 3.5k

PSU -> the Corsair GS800 if you might want to put in another GC lateron or the GS600. 6k

HDD -> if you need extra 10-20% performance - WD Black 1TB otherwise the WD Green 1TB, they have the same specs but black somehow performs a little better. 5k

Graphics card -> Atleast get a 660ti, i know you people might ask.. y? i dont need it.. just buy it, because when your building a powerful rig your always tempted to play games, if you can live without games and dont need any high end 60+ frames performance.. the 7850 or the 560ti or 650ti or 7750 should do the job, plus if your going to be doing gpu intensive work its better you go for more memory in your GC.. preferably 2GB. 21k

Intel or AMD......i am confused....... please help
As far as budget is concerned its not a problem....... i am trying make a system .. which will run without hiccups :23:

I don't know how many times i have recommended people to not buy the latest from intel.. sure they perform 20% more on benchmarks and heat up lesser, but for someone who is on a budget.. the AMD FX-8350 should do the job, why?

8350 is as good as the i5 3570k and cheaper, has more physical cores and a high end motherboard for a AMD processor is cheaper compared to a high end Intel motherboard.

And u might say i'm a AMD fanboy, no i'm not! i have never owned a AMD graphics card or a processor.. I have an i7 2600k and a 560ti, the 2600k does the job but it doesnt do anything a fx 8350 wont do.

Also you dont need overclocking with AMD, its already clocked at 4.0ghz default.. so that saves you additional cooling heatsink costs. 12k
Firstly the 8350 doesn't have 8 cores, it has 8 modules in which 2 modules act as one core, so in reality it has 4 real cores, it is clocked at 4GHz to stay close to the intel at performance, but when you overclock the k series then the intel wipes the floor with 8350.
AMD processors are suggested only if the buyer has low budget for gaming, but you don't see the experience as good as the 3570k or the 3770k.
Talking about GPU AMD holds a bit edge over nvidia ATM.

Mobo? the ASUS Crosshair Formulae V - the best out there it has Supreme FX sound chipset which is as good as a very low sound budget card and it can tri-sli.. name one board in 15k budget that can tri-sli, even if it can.. i'm not sure its not anywhere close to this one, Value for money ii would say. 15.5k

Cabinet? from what i read you want a fancy looking computer and i agree its pretty flattering when your friends come and they see this full tower cabinet just sitting there on your dusk! i have a NZXT Phantom <- totally not worth the money, doesnt support water cooling which i was planning to do and i failed on the research! :p i was blinded by the looks of it haha.. but i would recommend the Corsair 650D its about 8.5k, it looks sexy and has water cooling support and that side window is just the most perfect window you can have on a side panel, even the HAF X has a shitty window with that fan blocking the view lol. :p 8.5k

RAM? G.kill RipjawsX or Corsair Vengeance atleast 8GB (4GB X 2) 1600mhz 3.5k

PSU -> the Corsair GS800 if you might want to put in another GC lateron or the GS600. 6k

HDD -> if you need extra 10-20% performance - WD Black 1TB otherwise the WD Green 1TB, they have the same specs but black somehow performs a little better. 5k

Graphics card -> Atleast get a 660ti, i know you people might ask.. y? i dont need it.. just buy it, because when your building a powerful rig your always tempted to play games, if you can live without games and dont need any high end 60+ frames performance.. the 7850 or the 560ti or 650ti or 7750 should do the job, plus if your going to be doing gpu intensive work its better you go for more memory in your GC.. preferably 2GB. 21k

Now you walked of onto a completely different tack?

If the AMD FX processors are so good, why are they playing catch up with their Intel Core i5 counterparts. You say more physical cores, for what, most current generation games do not need more than good dual-cores and then you say high clock-speeds. I think the clock-speed myth was debunked a long time ago.
"High clock speed does not mean higher performance."

Apart from the better audio I don't think OP is affected by Tri-SLi support?

Corsair GS800W, best avoided. The TX v2650W is the better SMPS and again OP has no interest in adding another graphic card, the RIG is for AutoCAD work and lets stay on that line. If OP wants to play games, he has not divulged it.

Hard-drive again, the Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB performs at par with the Western Digital Black edition (both are 7200RPM drives) and the former is cheaper, the Green edition on the other hand is a very weak performer. Primarily because of its slower spindle-speed ~5400RPM. Which benchmarks are you using to compare the drives?

No gaming as off now, so if OP wants to play games later it is his prerogative to notify us. Again 2GB V-RAM does not mean the card will perform better.

Oh! And forgot to tell you OP is in Jeddah, not India. So I omitted the prices.

Is it a joke, who told you that a 7850 can't give high end 60+ fps?

Depends on monitor resolution and graphic details of the game.

Talking about GPU AMD holds a bit edge over nvidia ATM.

Inverse, nVidia has finally caught up with AMD after 2 generations of lack-lustre performance.

The GTX6** series cards are cheaper and perform better at 1080p resolution than AMD cards at the same price point. Power consumption is also lowered.

Intel or AMD......i am confused....... please help
As far as budget is concerned its not a problem....... i am trying make a system .. which will run without hiccups :23:

Stick with the Intel RIG.

can you please comment on this config.
Intel Core i7 Processor i7-3770K 3.5GHz 5.0GT/s 8MB
ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI USB 3.0
GIGABYTE Power Supply SUPERB 720W 24-Pin
Kingston HyperX 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) x2
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO Continuous Direct Contact 120mm
MSI nVIDIA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5

this will cost abt 58k inr... without case
for case i have the option of gigabyte sumo/gz-plus or CM haf XM / haf x full

Instead of Gigabyte Superb 720W get Seasonic S12ii 520W-4.4k OR Corsair TX650V2-5.4k,For GPU go for Sapphire HD7770-9.4k OR Nvidia GTX650Ti-10.4k,Cheers.Everything else looks ok.If you're gonna go crazy on ocing the get better cooler Thermalright Silver Arrow-3.8k
can you please comment on this config.
Intel Core i7 Processor i7-3770K 3.5GHz 5.0GT/s 8MB
ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI USB 3.0
GIGABYTE Power Supply SUPERB 720W 24-Pin
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO Continuous Direct Contact 120mm
MSI nVIDIA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5

this will cost abt 58k inr... without case
for case i have the option of gigabyte sumo/gz-plus or CM haf XM / haf x full

Now you walked of onto a completely different tack?

If the AMD FX processors are so good, why are they playing catch up with their Intel Core i5 counterparts. You say more physical cores, for what, most current generation games do not need more than good dual-cores and then you say high clock-speeds. I think the clock-speed myth was debunked a long time ago.
"High clock speed does not mean higher performance."

Apart from the better audio I don't think OP is affected by Tri-SLi support?

Corsair GS800W, best avoided. The TX v2650W is the better SMPS and again OP has no interest in adding another graphic card, the RIG is for AutoCAD work and lets stay on that line. If OP wants to play games, he has not divulged it.

Hard-drive again, the Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB performs at par with the Western Digital Black edition (both are 7200RPM drives) and the former is cheaper, the Green edition on the other hand is a very weak performer. Primarily because of its slower spindle-speed ~5400RPM. Which benchmarks are you using to compare the drives?

No gaming as off now, so if OP wants to play games later it is his prerogative to notify us. Again 2GB V-RAM does not mean the card will perform better.

Oh! And forgot to tell you OP is in Jeddah, not India. So I omitted the prices.

Depends on monitor resolution and graphic details of the game.

Inverse, nVidia has finally caught up with AMD after 2 generations of lack-lustre performance.

The GTX6** series cards are cheaper and perform better at 1080p resolution than AMD cards at the same price point. Power consumption is also lowered.

Stick with the Intel RIG.

Since i'm reading budget is not a problem i don't recommend you go for AMD.

Now, dual cores? all of the upcoming games and also some of the pre-existing games take advantage of quad core CPU's, if a person is to invest 80k into a system for ideal performance i doubt he'll be playing most wanted on this rig.

Clock speeds.. I never said clock speed makes the CPU faster now did i? but it helps in performance and we might argue on different things but when it comes to the end of the day there performance is about the same but AMD is cheaper.

getting a AMD CPU helps him get a top of the line mobo which possibly has more features then he would get in a Intel mobo at the same price.

The HDD? the green drive spins between somewhere from 5400RPM to 7200RPM.. they have this thing called the intelipower.

Don't want no mid range graphic cards or to be future SLi proof? sure TX 650 should be your choice.

All the latest games now takes advantage of more VRAM now.. specifically more then 1GB.

@gudboy: 1080p - 45 frames tops - battlefield 3

with Crysis 3 coming up and BF4 coming up next year? good luck!
BF3 takes 25% use of the frostbite 2 engine approx
BF4 is supposed to use 80% of the frostbite's 2 power

I have a feeling cards like gtx 680 are gonna fail.

Nvidia is better at this very moment, no doubt.. compare a 7950 to a 660ti - your answer.

@OP: Believe it or not? you'll experience the same performance on my build as the intel one, but my system will be a little cheaper and more future proof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, dual cores? all of the upcoming games and also some of the pre-existing games take advantage of quad core CPU's, if a person is to invest 80k into a system for ideal performance i doubt he'll be playing most wanted on this rig.

Clock speeds.. I never said clock speed makes the CPU faster now did i? but it helps in performance and we might argue on different things but when it comes to the end of the day there performance is about the same but AMD is cheaper.

getting a AMD CPU helps him get a top of the line mobo which possibly has more features then he would get in a Intel mobo at the same price.

The HDD? the green drive spins between somewhere from 5400RPM to 7200RPM.. they have this thing called the intelipower.

Don't want no mid range graphic cards or to be future SLi proof? sure TX 650 should be your choice.

All the latest games now takes advantage of more VRAM now.. specifically more then 1GB.

@gudboy: 1080p - 45 frames tops - battlefield 3

with Crysis 3 coming up and BF4 coming up next year? good luck!
BF3 takes 25% use of the frostbite 2 engine approx
BF4 is supposed to use 80% of the frostbite's 2 power

I have a feeling cards like gtx 680 are gonna fail.

Nvidia is better at this very moment, no doubt.. compare a 7950 to a 660ti - your answer.

@OP: Believe it or not? you'll experience the same performance on my build as the intel one, but my system will be a little cheaper and more future proof.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! (Yeah, I prefer this to LOL), so on topic. A dual-core cannot run modern games -- Till the day I don't see the new consoles (NextBox and PS4), I don't see a seismic shift of games to quad-core demander.
Here -- http://www.techenclave.com/overclocking-n-modding/project-cure-bf3-addiction-127229/p2/#post1577438
A dual core Pentium G620 is giving a good account of itself, coupled with a GTX580.
Battlefield 3 GPU & CPU Performance > CPU Scaling and Performance - TechSpot
On the CPU side of things, we found that Battlefield 3 is not nearly as CPU demanding as many have made it out to be. Previously tested games, such as Hard Reset, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Witcher 2 and Crysis 2, saw a massive difference in performance between dual and quad-core processors. For example, in Deus Ex dual-cores were 43% slower than their quad-core counterparts. Battlefield 3 on the other hand delivered similar frame rates with a decent dual-core as it did with a quad.

Having that said, we prefer the peace of mind of the quad-core as the game will max out a Phenom II X2. According to our tests a Phenom II X4, FX-4000 series CPU and even the Athlon II X4 will provide very similar performance with the same level of CPU utilization.

If clock-speeds make a difference, why is AMD still not killing OR at-least coming at par with Intel's single thread performance? Intel top Boost clock is ~3.8GHz if I am not wrong.

What features exactly, tri-SLi? OR the better DAC-chip? Both of which I dunno will be used OR not.

The green drive from Western Digital is locked onto ~5400RPM / 5900RPM they don't jump around. I use one and after a long downtime it takes time to limber up-to speed.
WD Green Power: A New Benchmark in HDD Acoustics & Power | silentpcreview.com
Western Digital has caught a lot of flak for withholding the rotation speed of the Green Power, especially when the product was first launched and the marketing material listed the rotation speed as 5,400-7,200 RPM. This led some to speculate that the rotation speed changed dynamically during use — which would have been an impressive engineering feat had it been true. The reality is revealed by a sentence that Western Digital added to the description of IntelliPower: "For each GreenPower™ drive model, WD may use a different, invariable RPM." In other words, Western Digital reserves the right to release both 5,400 RPM and 7,200 RPM drives under the Green Power name — without telling you which are which.

We were able to confirm that our 750 GB Green Power had a spindle speed of 5,400 RPM by analyzing its sound spectrum. Why sound? Sound is vibration; the pitch of the sound corresponds to the frequency of the vibration. Hard drives vibrate at the speed of their motor, so they produce a noise at the same frequency as their rotation speed. Our sample had a sharp spike at exactly 90 Hz (cycles per second). Multiplying that number by 60 (to get cycles per minute) yielded a measured rotation speed of 5,400 RPM.

It's possible that other Green Power models use a higher spindle speed — but we doubt it. Storage Review tested the 1 TB version of the drive and determined that that model also spun at 5,400 RPM based on a calculation of the drive's latency compared to a previous Western Digital model. That leaves the 500 GB model — which Western Digital says is even lower power than the larger capacity versions.

Even a Seasonic S12II 520W would be enough for OP's requirement, the only issue is the availability scene in Jeddah. A mid-range AMD HD7870 2GB OR nVidia GTX660Ti can easily be used in tandem with the SMPS in question.

Again performance of game is dependent on resolution, engine used and high-resolution texture packs. If the card has 1GB of V-RAM does not mean the GPU is capable of harnessing that.

If Crysis 3 is really a PC melter, bring it on. And anyway, it is not just CPU-heavy, there other components and individual latencies have to be added up. All these heavy weights get bottle-necked by a single component hard-drive.

For your answer, an AMD HD7950 is a better card. I am not just accounting the fps metrics for performance, the said card will also age better because of the superior bandwidth available to the card, the GTX660Ti has to juggle with asymmetric bandwidth distribution to its V-RAM (192-bit pipe for 2GB V-RAM). Compute performance has gone to the dogs in nVidia gaming solutions and AMD has re-geared itself for the fight in that department.

How can you say OP's build will be more future proof with AMD?

Oh! And just before you say I am an AMD nay-sayer. I have a Phenom IIx4 + AMD HD5770 running my RIG.

Last edited by a moderator:
He changed the settings from the Ultra preset to achieve that, read info.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! (Yeah, I prefer this to LOL), so on topic. A dual-core cannot run modern games -- Till the day I don't see the new consoles (NextBox and PS4), I don't see a seismic shift of games to quad-core demander.
Here -- http://www.techenclave.com/overclocking-n-modding/project-cure-bf3-addiction-127229/p2/#post1577438
A dual core Pentium G620 is giving a good account of itself, coupled with a GTX580.
Battlefield 3 GPU & CPU Performance > CPU Scaling and Performance - TechSpot

If clock-speeds make a difference, why is AMD still not killing OR at-least coming at par with Intel's single thread performance? Intel top Boost clock is ~3.8GHz if I am not wrong.

What features exactly, tri-SLi? OR the better DAC-chip? Both of which I dunno will be used OR not.

The green drive from Western Digital is locked onto ~5400RPM / 5900RPM they don't jump around. I use one and after a long downtime it takes time to limber up-to speed.
WD Green Power: A New Benchmark in HDD Acoustics & Power | silentpcreview.com

Even a Seasonic S12II 520W would be enough for OP's requirement, the only issue is the availability scene in Jeddah. A mid-range AMD HD7870 2GB OR nVidia GTX660Ti can easily be used in tandem with the SMPS in question.

Again performance of game is dependent on resolution, engine used and high-resolution texture packs. If the card has 1GB of V-RAM does not mean the GPU is capable of harnessing that.

If Crysis 3 is really a PC melter, bring it on. And anyway, it is not just CPU-heavy, there other components and individual latencies have to be added up. All these heavy weights get bottle-necked by a single component hard-drive.

For your answer, an AMD HD7950 is a better card. I am not just accounting the fps metrics for performance, the said card will also age better because of the superior bandwidth available to the card, the GTX660Ti has to juggle with asymmetric bandwidth distribution to its V-RAM (192-bit pipe for 2GB V-RAM). Compute performance has gone to the dogs in nVidia gaming solutions and AMD has re-geared itself for the fight in that department.

How can you say OP's build will be more future proof with AMD?

Oh! And just before you say I am an AMD nay-sayer. I have a Phenom IIx4 + AMD HD5770 running my RIG.

Your all getting it wrong my man.. I'm gonna back out.

Result of my query today ....the only available options here (in upper range)..... please help me choose the better one
SMPS -> AeroCool E80-600 600W 80+ Certified Power Supply Unit OR GIGABYTE Power Supply SUPERB 720W Silent Cooling Fan
GPU ->
HIS Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDMI OR SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7770 GHz 1GB GDDR5
Cooler -> only available
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler
SSD ->
only available ADATA XPG SX900 128 GB SATA III 6 GB/sec

If any of these are worthless... then kindly comment.

Result of my query today ....the only available options here (in upper range)..... please help me choose the better one
SMPS -> AeroCool E80-600 600W 80+ Certified Power Supply Unit OR GIGABYTE Power Supply SUPERB 720W Silent Cooling Fan
GPU ->
HIS Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDMI OR SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7770 GHz 1GB GDDR5
Cooler -> only available
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler
SSD ->
only available ADATA XPG SX900 128 GB SATA III 6 GB/sec

If any of these are worthless... then kindly comment.

Sapphire 7770 and the Hyper 212 Evo are the only things i would buy.

Sajju it will be better if you get the computer once you get back to India.

Most of the components that you have mentioned have no after-sales cover here and for some reason whilst shipping decide to go DoA it will mean a huge loss.

Sajju it will be better if you get the computer once you get back to India.

Most of the components that you have mentioned have no after-sales cover here and for some reason whilst shipping decide to go DoA it will mean a huge loss.

Alpha17... thanks

Yesterday i had been to market...
I grabbed the following item... which were the only choice i had in higher value
GA-Z77x-D3h
Samsung DVD writer 22x
Gigabyte 500W (GE-N5400A-C2) [just for the time being..will get one from india later]
WD 500GB Blue
CoolMaster Trooper full tower
unfortunately CPU i7-3770K or i5-3570k was not available in the whole market (have to wait for a week)

I have found the following two coolers in addition to COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
COOLER MASTER X6 and TPC 812
please advise which is best work on my new MB with i7-3770k

thanks

Back